Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Peter Surna (PedroArvy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Peter Surna has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://yart.com.au/pa/page.aspx

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter Surna

Showing 191 - 200 of 251 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

I have PM'd you
I have PM'd you. You can email me direct at petras.surna@yart.com.au as well.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Cave and Nest
March 03, 10:10pm

The last post says the song was never posted.
The last post says the song was never posted. Any have ideas?

In GEAR » Where to donwload the Bush Buddy Song?
February 06, 2:14am

Where to download the Bush Buddy Song?
Can someone please tell me where I can download the Bush Buddy song that's used throughout this site and in the podcasts?

In GEAR » Where to donwload the Bush Buddy Song?
February 02, 6:29pm

WM easily
I also have both bags and agree that WM are better made bags, definitely lighter for each rating and pack smaller. However, I prefer a Nunatak quilt to the WM! I have an Arc Alpinist with 3"...

In GEAR » Bags-Feathered Friends or Western Mount.?
January 14, 4:22pm

Same durability
Interesting. Both the Hennessy Hyperlight and Adventure Racer are made from 30 D high tenacity nylon ripstop. So they both should have the same durability.

In GEAR » Anyone own a Hennessy Hyperlight A-Sym and an Adventure Racer?
December 27, 11:43pm

www.wilson
Hey www.wilson, I was wondering if you could give me some indication how comfortable you find this hammock? Can you sleep with a straight back, or is it permanently curved because of the miss...

December 26, 6:21pm

Does the Adventure Racer have an A-sym shape?
Hi Doug, Are you saying the Adventure Racer does not have the A-sym shape which means you are forced to sleep with a curve in your back? If this was the case, it would not be for me. All I can f...

December 24, 10:30pm

Hennessy Hyperlight A-Sym vs Adventure Racer?
I am looking for the lightest possible hammock set up and am trying to find a reason not to buy the Adventure Racer and scale up to the heavier Hennessy Hyperlight A-Sym. In Doug Johnsons review...

December 24, 7:41pm

Anyone tried or seen the MLD XP Quilt?
Has anyone tried or seen the MLD XP Quilt http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=60&osCsid=17b20cf3a8b3575b343f1860c8237ff5 I am thinking of gett...

In GEAR » Anyone tried or seen the MLD XP Quilt?
December 18, 4:33pm

Get a lighter jacket
This is my 2 cents worth. If it's really raining, you are going to get wet from water coming in from your neck, sleeves etc. I would go with the lightest jacket you can find which will be ne...

In GEAR » What's your top 3 rain jacket picks?
November 13, 10:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter Surna

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
I am a side sleeper and have used the Prolite 3 and normally a 3/4 length Prolite 4 but find the NeoAir to be far more comfortable. If you blow up the NeoAir on a warm sunny day you will find that ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 05, 7:49pm

Titanuium Goat Ptarmigan Bivy
Likes - I have the version with the mesh/fabric hood and use the bivy with the mesh over my face 99% of the time. This is much more comfortable and less claustrophobic than momentum fabric over my ...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
September 02, 8:44am

Stephenson 2R
It won’t fall down, it withstands high wind but there are too many usability issues with this tent to make it easy to use. Perhaps 10 years ago these tents were ahead of their time. Now they are n...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
October 22, 4:56pm

Six Moon Designs StarLite
I like the design of this pack but have issues over the quality and durability. On its second use, and with no real loads and no bush whacking, the mesh separated from its elastic on one of the sid...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 22, 12:09am

Feathered Friends Hummingbird, Epic outer
This bag has an Epic outer and a 0.85 inner with 2oz overfill. It weighs about 830 grams. Two of my friends have asked me to recommend bags to them and I have recommended WM Ultralights but someho...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 5:00am

Hilleberg Nallo 3GT 2005
I bought this tent in 2005 for really wet windy weather for 2 above the tree line. Pros: - Massive size for the weight of 2.75kg - Huge vestibule, I have never seen a bigger vestibule on a te...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 08, 4:28pm

Icebreaker Superfine 190
I second the above.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
September 06, 1:48am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
Pros: Lots of loft for the 400 grams of total weight. More than a WM Highlight for instance. Cons: Too narrow. Way too narrow to sleep in for me and I like sleeping bags people normally say are too...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 03, 6:17am