Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Tree (Paul_Tree) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wowwww
About Me 5' 10", 170 lb, 41" chest
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/8804488@N02/sets/721576006

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Tree

Showing 191 - 200 of 455 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...46

Forum » Thread

nothing but a few pics
DualMax - it shows primaloft shingles with down at the bottom. A-Shingo - this kind has synthetic props under the shingles

In Make Your Own Gear » Does anybody know of a place on
November 02, 1:54am

Suggest a substitute for this glue?
This glue from the repair kit. Looking around the village here, if there is something comparable. Bigger Pic. Contains Tolulene.. Bigger Pic. Contains tolulene..

In Make Your Own Gear » Driducks bivy
November 01, 11:49am

Thanks Joe
You are the man.

In GEAR » AppyTrails tents?
November 01, 2:28am

lightweight nylon over-trousers
Kind of like jogging pants or track-suit type of pants, you can usually get something at KMart that is all nylon, they often have a mesh inner, and zip legs. Check labels for 100% synthetics. Over ...

In Gear Lists » botton layer
October 31, 3:08am

stuff sacks
Try replacing some stuff sacks with a sock or cord that you already carry. One overnighter this summer I had zero, not for sleeping bag or anything. Now it's hard to take more than one. Duct...

In Gear Lists » My 15lb Gear List
October 31, 2:12am

tension
Art, you did say not expecting much force on it. Thanks for the update, and thanks for the clarification on that Roger. Know how well the membrane performs in sub-freezing temps?

October 30, 11:21pm

Bravo
That is awesome!, first one sighted, congrats. Would rolling the seams before sewing make it any stronger? Possibly a rip resistant tyvek tape in the seam? Lets see some pics of the po...

October 30, 4:53pm

or R1 Hoody
If you want the more face coverage, Patagonia R1 Hoody is about the same weight as the WildThings. Listed at 10.9 oz versus 10, but not sure what sizes they go by.

In GEAR » random find
October 30, 12:46pm

chafing
I have chafe problems with one pair of synthetic boxer-briefs, they are too tight across the but and cause self-chafing.. Regular cotton undies work way better, most of the time. Around Tahoe, usua...

In GEAR » Chafing and the merits of going commando
October 30, 11:20am

nice idea
That is a great reuse idea, they are super tough! And the first day, you get a nice lunch drink. Now if only wine bags came this small..

In Make Your Own Gear » light, compact cup
October 30, 10:52am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Tree

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I have a later version with leg zips. When hiking steep uphills, these pants are a real handicap because they try to keep you from lifting your knee. Made my summit twice as hard to keep fighting that...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 02, 10:24am

OR Verglas Gaiters (mens)
You rate them without ever having used them? That is beyond belief. Quote: "I give these a 4, without using them outside at all, so be aware they may be a 5 for a particular use." Or,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 11, 1:31pm

GU Energy Gel
They do work, better than PowerGel. Faster than food. Works fine at low temps. I don't mind the taste or texture. I've gone snowboarding all day with no other food than 5 GU packets. Cons:...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:10pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These things are awesome. 240 calories and very small and uber healthy. They had them at Trader Joe's.

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:02pm