BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 191 - 200 of 850 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...85

Forum » Thread

Five day trips
Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail is essentially one long trip broken into a series of 3-5 days between resupplies. While a longer hike with resupply is extremely helpful for dialing in gear and...

In Editor's Roundtable » Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 1
February 27, 6:47am

Ski to the Divide – Skinner Hut
After the "cabineering" article here on BPL, thought there may be an interest in my 10th Mtn Hut experience. It was a three-day trip to Skinner Hut near Leadville, CO. For those...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ski to the Divide – Skinner Hut
February 26, 9:05pm

The Trail Show #21 - The Florida Trail
Show #21!! – Today we bring you Show #21 – in this month of love we show some love to the Florida Trail! On this month’s episode we Skype in Florida Trail thru-hiker Misti “Ridley” Little...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #21 - The Florida Trail
February 25, 9:58am

xNIX
I made a guest laptop Lubuntu for the "you can't screw it up...works on old hardware" argument. Guests can browse websites, print out boarding passes and check e-mail. Really do...

In Other Activities » Help me pick a computer
February 21, 2:55pm

PCT
While the survey was interesting, one resource was voted both among the best and among the worst (Yogi's book). :) What I found interesting is the amount of people who were doing the PCT as ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT hiker stats.
February 20, 2:22pm

The Good Way - Bandelier National Monument
A long weekend backpacking in Bandelier National Monument.\ “…ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.” -Jeremiah ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Good Way - Bandelier National Monument
February 19, 10:42pm

wool watch cap
At this time of the year, winter clothing is deeply discounted. I picked up my favorite merino wool beanie at this time last year at Sports Authority. It was a 100% merino wool beanie (nice and ...

In GEAR » Wool Watch Cap Recommendations
February 11, 10:59am

gear evolution
Here's my own personal gear evolution (at least for three season backpacking): http://www.pmags.com/the-evolving-gear-list-1997-%E2%80%93-2006 May be of interest/amusement

In GEAR » Your first "UL" piece of gear?
February 09, 4:55pm

base layer
I wear a mid-wt merino wool top. In fact, I just came back from skiing and I am wearing it right now. Drinking some Moose Drool as I type. :D What I like about my system is I can mix and mat...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 09, 4:50pm

Winter and sweating
I struggled for many years finding a good system for my upper body in winter. Light puffies, the latest WPB jackets, soft shells jackets and so on. The shells would be coated with frost inside th...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 09, 4:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.