Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 191 - 200 of 415 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...42

Forum » Thread

Fishing in Sierra
Yuri, I'm not sure which additional details you are requesting. I provided already all information - like which rod and which flies. My clear preference for the streams in the Sierra is Tenk...

In GEAR » Anybody have/use the Clarkii Rod?
September 20, 9:23am

Flies
Jason, The trout along in the High Sierra were relatively easy to catch. Since I carried three Tenkara's (two for my daughters and one for myself) I had always three lines with a fly tied re...

September 19, 9:08pm

Clarkii Rod
Brian, I used again two Clarkii this summer on the JMT with my 9 & 10 year old daughters I also brought a Hane, so that all three of us could fish at the same time. All three rods performe...

September 19, 3:48pm

Platypus gravity filter
Bob, Last summer I took a crew of boys scouts to Philmont. We used a Platypus gravity filter for a total of five weeks during that summer (on different trips). During our prep hikes we had the s...

In GEAR » Gravityworks water filter system
September 19, 3:46am

Thanks for great write-up of your SHR trip
Tom, thanks for your great report and your photos. Andrew and I were on the Sierra High Route during the same time. We started at Road's End and went the opposite direction than you. Many ti...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route-Snow Tongue Pass to Frozen Lake Pass
September 19, 3:32am

Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
For the last two years I had planned to backpack the complete Sierra High Route. I had read the Roper book, visualized his descriptions along the Skurka maps and day-dreamed quite often at my desk ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
September 14, 5:49pm

Mammoth Pass then
Rafi, I gieß then your next best bet is the Mammoth Pass Station that I pointed you to before. Manfred

In Pre-Trip Planning » Historical temperature data for Pumice Flats Camp at Mammoth Lakes
August 30, 8:32am

Devils' Postpile station would be better
Rafi, The weather station at Devils' Postpile is most likely better suited for what you are looking for. It is only 1+ miles away and at similar altitude. Manfred

In Pre-Trip Planning » Historical temperature data for Pumice Flats Camp at Mammoth Lakes
August 29, 5:33pm

California Department of Water -- Mammoth Pass
Rafi, the California Department of Water has historic data for many, many weather stations. Mammoth Pass (roughly 3 miles away) shows you data about temperature rain, snow depth, etc. Of course...

August 29, 5:28pm

Which SteriPen?
Jane, you didn't say which SteriPen you use. The SteriPen Classic and the SteriPen Journey fit perfectly on a Platypus bottle and I have used the SteriPen Classic for a long time with Platyp...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods
August 29, 3:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.