BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 191 - 200 of 393 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...40

Forum » Thread

ZPacks Exo on JMT
Luke, the pack worked great for me. Last year I used the Osprey Exos 58 which is a great pack -- and the rest of my family used the Osprey again this year. Here is a short list of things that...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
August 22, 8:07am

Gear Lists
Terry & Kevin, here is the link to our gear lists. I uploaded only mine and Hannah's. The gear list for Natalie is very similar to her sister's (but with less weight, for example she...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
August 21, 9:40pm

Foot Issues
Kevin, I forgot to answer your question about blisters or other foot issues. In 2010 we went in water proof hiking boots. That caused a lot of issues and required a tight management of socks and...

August 21, 12:40pm

Preparation
Kevin, 2010 when we returned from the JMT with our (back then) 15 year old twins (Philipp & Daniel), the experience was for weeks a topic at our dinner table, conversations with friends, et...

August 21, 12:28pm

Incident on top of Donohue Pass
Jason, This "gentleman" was feeding marmots from a bag of chips. My wife asked him to please not do that because it would create a problem for the marmots and all future visitors to th...

August 21, 8:44am

Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
This year my wife and I took our two youngest daughters, Hannah and Natalie, on the John Muir Trail – after having gone the previous two years first with their two oldest brothers and then with t...

August 21, 12:45am

Group Gear
Eric, Group gear for a family is of course easier than group gear for scouts, but the differences are not that big. We used the following group gear: - Two 2 person tarp tents - One for our ...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 6:02pm

Base weight doesn't include consumables
Eric, it seems like we are using different definitions of "base weight". The one I use doesn't include consumables like food, water and fuel. I believe it is a generally accepted w...

August 20, 4:06pm

UL is more of a mindset than a cost factor
Jon, as I work a lot with scouts I have found that UL backpacking is more of a mindset than a cost factor. Sure on this site with all the expensive cuben, titanium, etc. it can easily be assumed...

August 20, 3:30pm

There were some - but not many
My wife and I just finshed the JMT on Saturday with our 9 and 10 year old daughters. We went through the same multi-hour storms Erik B. describes above. Our daughters are certainly not manly at all...

August 20, 11:28am

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.