BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 191 - 200 of 374 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...38

Forum » Thread

TT Rainbow
What do you mean when you say that the TT Rainbow doesn't have a rainfly? Our Philmont Crew brought last summer a TT Double Rainbow along. It is a hybrid tent, so you don't have a double wa...

In GEAR » Ultralight Tent options
June 20, 4:23pm

Differences - FlyCreek UL2 vs. tarp tents
I think the main difference that can be confusing between tents like the Big Agenes FlyCreek UL2 and the SMD Cuben Haven is the use of trekking poles for setting up the Haven. Because I use trekkin...

June 20, 3:26pm

Correct Link for Cuben Haven
The link Chris sent, points to the SilNylon Haven which ways 18 oz. Here is the correct link to the Cuben Haven which ways only 10 oz. I own both the SMD Cuben Haven + Haven NetTent as well as ...

June 20, 1:19pm

What kind of weight variation is acceptable?
Eric, no one is bringing out the torches. I too own severeal pieces of SMD gear and have been very happy with those products. I'm also very happy with the Cuben Haven. My question was wh...

In GEAR » Cuben Haven arrived
June 19, 12:19pm

15% weight increase
William, Please let us know how much your NetTent weighs when you receive it. I tried to exchange mine, but was told that none of the "old" batch are left. So I'm interested to see...

June 18, 1:39pm

Change in material caused weight increase
George, I just got another reply from Ron that sheds some more light on this. So it seems this is not a case of manufacturing variability, but a case of changed materials. You were "lucky&q...

June 18, 12:04pm

Is 15% overweight acceptable? What do published weights really mean?
George, you were right. There is some manufacturing variability. Below you can see the reply I received today from SMD. I must say I'm disappointed. I paid $550 for a tent ($400 for ou...

June 18, 10:43am

Camera with AA
Stephen, I use the Canon Powershot SX 150 that Eugene brought up before. It uses AA batteries, as does my GPS receiver (Garmin Etrex 30) and my headlamp (Zebralight H51). My kids use the Canon P...

In GEAR » Camera recommendations
June 15, 3:37pm

Deer Lake
Brian, Here is a screenshot from my Garmin map with that area. You can see Devil's Wash Basin, Deer Lake and Deer Lake Mesa. Are you considering to rely on Deer Lake for water? Please hav...

In Philmont » 2012 Trek 15
June 15, 11:58am

Weights for Cuben Haven and its NetTent
Casey, The spec for the Cuben Haven states 10 oz and it weighs 9.85 oz on my scale. The spec for the Haven NetTent states 14 oz and it weighs 16.15 oz on my scale. I contacted Ron at SMD yesterd...

June 15, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.