BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 191 - 200 of 410 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...41

Forum » Thread

Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
For the last two years I had planned to backpack the complete Sierra High Route. I had read the Roper book, visualized his descriptions along the Skurka maps and day-dreamed quite often at my desk ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
September 14, 5:49pm

Mammoth Pass then
Rafi, I gieß then your next best bet is the Mammoth Pass Station that I pointed you to before. Manfred

In Pre-Trip Planning » Historical temperature data for Pumice Flats Camp at Mammoth Lakes
August 30, 8:32am

Devils' Postpile station would be better
Rafi, The weather station at Devils' Postpile is most likely better suited for what you are looking for. It is only 1+ miles away and at similar altitude. Manfred

In Pre-Trip Planning » Historical temperature data for Pumice Flats Camp at Mammoth Lakes
August 29, 5:33pm

California Department of Water -- Mammoth Pass
Rafi, the California Department of Water has historic data for many, many weather stations. Mammoth Pass (roughly 3 miles away) shows you data about temperature rain, snow depth, etc. Of course...

August 29, 5:28pm

Which SteriPen?
Jane, you didn't say which SteriPen you use. The SteriPen Classic and the SteriPen Journey fit perfectly on a Platypus bottle and I have used the SteriPen Classic for a long time with Platyp...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods
August 29, 3:32pm

ZPacks Rain Jacket worked well
Hi Bill, The jacket worked very well. - It kept me dry in all the rain -- ok that is expected of a rain jacket - It dealt well with my sweat. Breathable rain jackets have their limits in re...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
August 28, 4:37pm

Easy Test for Platypus Gravity Filter
I once found myself in the same situation with a Platypus Gravity filter and wasn't sure whether the hollow fibers were damaged by freezing temperatures. Cascade design has the following inf...

In GEAR » Did I freeze my sawyer squeeze filter to death?
August 28, 3:23pm

Tenkara
Kevin, We have used Tenkaras (including the one you show that goes on the trekking pole) in the Sierra for the last two years with great success. We usually fish trout for dinner and have had no...

In Fishing » Spinner fishing vs Tenkara fishing.
August 28, 10:49am

Easy to identify by left eye brow
Tom, The guy who showed us multiple middle fingers and barfed his mental diarrhea over us is very easy to identify. You can see it even in the low res picture - his left eye brow has a big patch...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
August 25, 3:37pm

Wow!
Tom, Wow, that woman yelled at your for picking up her trash and putting it where it belongs? It's always amazing to me to see how some people treat the wilderness they are visiting - and t...

August 25, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.