BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 191 - 200 of 700 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...70

Forum » Thread

Quilt Stacking
@ Kevin, Interesting point about getting enough synthetic insulation to keep down above freezing temps (for moisture management purposes). I hadn't really thought about it that way. Food...

In GEAR » Quilt Stacking
February 20, 12:24pm

Quilt Stacking
I've been looking into this as well to extend my winter sleep system, so I'm interested in hearing others' findings, experiences and tips/tricks. I've got a 15F Katabatic down qu...

In GEAR » Quilt Stacking
February 20, 9:42am

LA area hikes
If you want to hike near the coast and have the potential for ocean views, consider some of the trails in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation area. It starts around Malibu and heads up ...

In Other Activities » Hillbilly heading to LA
February 19, 7:40pm

Knee pain
Check out the site: www.mobilitywod.com ("WOD" stands for Workout of the Day"). He's got lots of good exercises, stretches, etc to help athletes with various ailments lik...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Questions about knee pain.
February 19, 7:26pm

Big SEKI Loop
Looks like a fun walk that could be used in a pinch for a week+ long trip when there isn't time (or motivation) to cook up an elaborate route of my own. Will definitely keep this in mind. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
February 19, 12:44pm

Logic Check: Windshirt
I'll pile on as another believer in the power and awe of the windshirt. I've been using the same Houdini for the last 6 or 7 years; it still looks brand new. It goes everywhere with me ...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 19, 12:33pm

The Great "Do Bears Hibernate?" Debate
Fun article with some interesting anecdotes. For the record, the black bears in my neck of the woods do not hibernate. Plenty seem to be roaming around all year long. It's not uncommon eve...

In Chaff » The Great “Do Bears Hibernate?” Debate
February 15, 4:20pm

Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
Beautiful shots Andy. That water looks really inviting for a swim on a hot summer's afternoon! Love how clear it is. Incredible...

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
February 15, 12:51pm

Fatbiking overnight at a Lookout Tower
Beautiful pics, really liking the low light shots around the lookout tower. I have absolutely no use for a fatbike where I live... but they sure look like fun!

In Post-Trip Reports » Fatbiking overnight at a Lookout Tower
February 15, 10:07am

Tioga Rd in the Snow
Nice pics, looks like a fun trip. @Chris, your sleep system (including your clothing) sounded like quite a bit of insulation. What sort of overnight lows did you have on this trip? Also curi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Tioga Road in the snow
February 15, 10:01am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.