BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 191 - 200 of 685 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...69

Forum » Thread

Mesh chest pack
This is just a random idea, but what about seeing if Zpacks would make you a version of their multipack out of bugnetting material? Zpacks Multipack

In GEAR » Mesh chest pouch/pack
February 11, 12:57pm

Hip Belt Pockets
I realize I'm late to the game on this discussion but still wanted to throw a couple of comments out there. Another option for hip belt pockets besides those already identified is Zpacks. T...

In GEAR » Which hip belt pocket? Brand? Xpac or Dyneema? GG? Zimmerbuilt? MLD?
February 11, 11:39am

Southern CA "Winter"
"Winter" in southern CA is my favorite time of year. It's always a nice treat when the coast ranges get a dusting of snow a few times each year. Here's a couple shots from the...

In Other Activities » Southern California "Winter"
February 11, 10:36am

Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
I'm hoping to do the JMT late this summer and am planning to use a very similar set of clothing (including the Zpacks Groundsheet/poncho as my rain gear). Seems the groundsheet/poncho has re...

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
February 08, 7:45pm

Duomid
PM sent on Duomid in case you'd opt to sell the duomid separate from the inner.

In Gear Swap » FS: Owary Bivy, MLD Duomid, Gaitors, Zimmerbuilt
February 07, 5:41pm

BPL Montana Winter Rendezvous
This trip sounds like a lot of fun and great opportunity to brush up on/improve winter camping skills. I've been watching the thread with interest from the beginning but hadn't really gi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Montana Winter Rendezvous
February 05, 6:57pm

Cruikshank-Salmon-Buckeye Loop
Hi Josh, Lots of folks have done that loop in the last year or so, you can find trail updates for the three specified trails on the Ventana Wild website. Generally, the Salmon Creek trail is ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » new backpackers planning trip near the central coast, ca
February 05, 6:53pm

Trip Ideas around Central Coast, CA
Hi Josh, Welcome to BPL. Lots of good info available on this site including some trip reports from around the central coast, mainly in and around Los Padres National Forest. Given that you&#...

In Pre-Trip Planning » new backpackers planning trip near the central coast, ca
February 05, 10:16am

Another option
How about something like this? Comes in bright orange (if that's your thing) or a stealth gray... http://litetrail.com/shop/litetrail-gline-polyester-dyneema-guyline-cord-50-feet

In Make Your Own Gear » Stupid Question about String- I'm desperate!
February 04, 8:02pm

Poncho Bivy Mash-Up
I think it's an interesting idea. The Zpacks poncho groundsheet seems like a fairly well regarded multi-use item as is, and my bivy sack more often than not just gets used as a groundsheet any...

In Make Your Own Gear » ZPacks Frankenstein Groundsheet Panco Bivy
February 04, 12:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.