Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brian UL (MAYNARD76) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me Brian UL has not added a biography yet.
StateMA
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian UL

Showing 191 - 200 of 1166 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: 3 Season vs. Winter
The only problem I have with that hex stove for winter is the size. For winter I would think you will want more heat for more and faster snow melting.

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 05, 8:05pm

Re: Fire Starters
Here is the deal for wood stoves in NE: only experience will tell you what YOU want to do. As you know it can get really wet. Sometimes it rains for days even weeks nonstop. That leaves most every...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 05, 7:31pm

Re: Re: My Paleo
The paleo blues- also known as the Atkins flu. Lots of people give up early because they lose energy at first and never let their body adjust. It can be a shock to the body if you lived your whole ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
December 05, 9:53am

Re: Re: History
"It would be interesting to do a study on what kind of energy source hunter-gatherer's today use for most of their activities. Fat-based or sugar-based. From all I've read it would see...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
December 02, 4:32am

Re: Food, Control and Understanding
Clint, 1+ to your whole post!

December 01, 2:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: History
"There is no way it would have come as a sudden "Saul on the road to Damascus" revelation and,voila!, amber waves of grain sprang forth." No I never tried to insinuate that ...

December 01, 2:22am

Re: Nutrition
Im a little tired of the view that government employees and public servants are always above the law, and don't have any accountability- but then individual citizens are supposed be responsible...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 30, 4:34pm

Re: Re: ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
"Beyond that taking fat kids out of homes is really another attack on being poor. One of the most correlating statistics to Childhood Obisity is poverty. If you look at food in terms of Calori...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 29, 6:11pm

Re: Re: Re: History
"I don't think humans have been around for 35 million years, Brian, more like 200,000 years. As for agriculture, it seems logical to me that humans would also have included grains in their...

November 28, 10:34pm

Re: Slippery slope
if I were their lawyer I would sue the government for making my kids fat. After all it is government subsidies that make junk food possible. Government licenses that allow businesses to advertize j...

November 28, 9:28am

All Reader Reviews by Brian UL

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
After using both the Caldera cone and Ti-Tri stove for quite a while and watched as Trail designs keeps improving and addressing customers concerns Ive come to this conclusion... the Caldera cone and...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 28, 4:07am

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The Inferno stove is 4 separate pieces. An inverted ti cone, a ti floor, a grate support and a grate insert: infero stove

In Stoves - Other
September 18, 1:21pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
This pack carries like, and has the same amount of features as packs 2 or more times its weight! I have to remind myself that the Zip only weighs a hair over 10 oz.(w/optional hipbelt). Its light eno...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:08pm

MLD Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole set 2007
I ordered these along with my MLD Zip pack (review on that in future). It only cost me 50.00 USD as I ordered them at the introductory price on the first month they were released. These are geat for p...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 11, 6:42am