BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 191 - 200 of 843 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...85

Forum » Thread

Smaller is good
Agree with Art. Remember too, more pack volume less stability, more bounce. I did the Grand Canyon run with this 10L pack and had room for everything you mentioned plus tons of real food, microspik...

In GEAR » Suggestions for a trail running/adventure racing pack?
May 04, 9:32am

Black Ridge
Absolutely stunning. Hadn't heard of the place, thanks for stoking the fire.

In Post-Trip Reports » Finishing What I Started: Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness, April 21-23
May 04, 12:38am

Lopez of the wolves
Lopez is derived from Latin " de lobos" which means " of the wolves". That's right. Wolf. No loops involved.

In GEAR » Loops on bottom of packs - what for?
May 04, 12:32am

Baldy to Bridge
Hey that's a fun loop. I'm sure you know what you're in for going from Baldy to Iron to Fish Fork..."fun". Depending on your shelter, maybe all you need is a small bivy spo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bridge to Baldy loop, suggestions welcomed
May 03, 11:32am

Zion
There's alot of question marks for me regarding both fitness and scheduling but I hope I can make this one happen. A chance to try my first ultra again with my knee in better shape is exciting....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
May 03, 10:47am

Cottonwood
Depends on when you go, I was there in October and saw only a few people beyond the first 3 miles. We fished Muir, Cottonwood 3,4 and 5, had them all to ourselves for two days.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Weekend trip suggestions out of Los Angeles?
May 02, 1:31pm

Warning about consulting other hikers
Great info being shared here. I agree that many people rely too heavily on maps, compass and gadgets, while they neglect developing their good ol' know-how and instincts. While were at it.....

In Editor's Roundtable » On-Trail Route Finding: When the Trail is Hard to Follow
May 02, 1:17pm

Short roping yer partner
Thats it Wizner. You asked fer it. Me and yous gonna have to settle this mano a mano. I propose a race. Once i get all healed up and my guts sewed up tight, i wanna race you up baldy. drunk. Loser ...

May 02, 11:32am

ice axe loops
thems ice axe loops. handy for trekin poles sometimes too.

May 02, 11:13am

Good article
These are the kinds of articles that I would like to see more of on here. Good stuff.

In Editor's Roundtable » On-Trail Route Finding: When the Trail is Hard to Follow
May 01, 11:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.