BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 191 - 200 of 804 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...81

Forum » Thread

Challenging conditions
Getting alot out of this exchange, good stuff.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 09, 1:17pm

bivy
Art, i agree, I too hope to be smart enough to know when a bail out is necessary. But for conditions like this i tend to include gear in case bailing out is not possible. Especially since in th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 09, 10:47am

Additional gear
Craig, good call on the glove shells, adding that. I'll be bringing what I need to pretty much mirror Art and Craig with the addition of three other items, a mylar bivy, a small pack towel, and...

April 09, 10:18am

ice
N. Kaibab will be at noon, ice conditions are less likely there I would think. i would be more concerned with any late evening ascents on the S. kaibab or BA where it will get cold fast in the even...

April 09, 9:25am

Smart Wool Long Sleeve
Smartwool Long Sleeve Size Large $30 shipped. Not sure of the model, the tags were removed by the previous owner. bought it on BPL and it was too small for me. Has a couple small holes, about ...

In Gear Swap » Smart Wool Long Sleeve
April 08, 10:23pm

Golite Poncho Tarp
Golite poncho tarp Forest green color $35 shipped Like new, no sign of use Identical to the one reviewed here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/golite_ultra_lite_ponc...

In Gear Swap » Golite Poncho Tarp
April 08, 10:08pm

Wet
So how does the canyon soil hold up to a good drenching? Water and cold could mean muddy conditions on the right types of soil and it could also mean icy conditions near the rims. I'll be b...

April 08, 8:27am

Still avail?
I'm interested

In Gear Swap » MSR Sweetwater Microfilter in great shape - 8.8oz $50 shipped CONUS
April 06, 9:14pm

Dear Montbell, please listen to Casey
My SS #3 wasn't warm enough for 30f, at least for me.

In GEAR » Dear Mont-bell, Please put more down in your UL SS #3 Sleeping Bag
April 06, 12:16pm

No worries
Torrey, take care of yourself. We'll see you Friday.

April 05, 9:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.