BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 191 - 200 of 231 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

G4 Kit
Michael, I suggest cutting out both upper shoulder strap pieces before sewing them together. If you cut out just one and then lay it on an oversized second piece, you have less control over stret...

In Make Your Own Gear » G4
April 22, 12:34pm

Re:Re: Soaking Cotton Balls With Vaseline
“I've noticed many people refer to "vaseline-soaked cotton balls" as a firestarter. I see why that would work, but how exactly do you "soak" them in vaseline?” Here...

In GEAR » What do you use to start your fire/stove?
April 21, 9:10am

G4 Kit
Michael, I recently finished my second modified G4 pack and am planning a 1500 cu in version. The online instructions are pretty straightforward. I assume the instructions that came with the ki...

In Make Your Own Gear » G4
April 19, 6:09pm

Blackberry mapping GPS
Here is another option for mapping (vector and raster) GPS. I’ve been using TrekBuddy GPS software on my Blackberry phone. Because I usually have my cell phone with me anyway, I can add GPS f...

In GEAR » brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
February 23, 12:27am

BPA in polycarbonate?
David, Isn't BPA used only in the manufacture of polycarbonate (#7) plastic and not in other common types of plastic? If so, there is no danger of BPA leaching from freezer bags because there ...

In GEAR » Plastic water bottles: safe or not?
February 16, 1:24am

Re: Large tarp picture location
Ben, Both pictures above were on the NE ridge of Mount Hood near the Cooper Spur shelter.

In GEAR » Large Tarp Setup?
December 21, 10:20am

Re: Large tarp
Here is a pic from a few years ago. Pitched above timberline in the best cover we could find. A small weather front passed through during the night bringing some unanticipated winds. The 10x10 t...

In GEAR » Large Tarp Setup?
December 20, 7:45pm

Re: 3 person tarp
REI Outlet has the Granite Gear White Lightnin' tarps on sale. 10' x 12' for $129.93 less 20%. Plenty of coverage for three. 8'x10' is $84.93 less 20%. Here

In GEAR » 3-person tarp
December 03, 2:27pm

DIY inline gravity filter
Here are a few pictures of another DIY gravity filter bag. Attach tubing to the spigot and then to an in-line filter. You can put some prefilter material inside the cap as well. Th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Light and Easy Water Filtration for the Lazy Backpacker
November 21, 3:52pm

Re: Re: DIY Cones
Mark, Sorry for the delayed reply: "Do you make these commercially?" No, all the cones in the picture above were prototypes for a K-Mart grease pot/pepsi can stove combo for my per...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Cone
November 20, 3:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.