BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 191 - 200 of 237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Corrugated plastic as a pack frame
Search the forums for 'corrugated framesheet'. There are several threads. Adding aluminum or titanium stiffeners seems to be popular. Practicalbackpacking.com also has a entry fr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Corrugated plastic as a pack frame?
May 17, 6:24pm

Tubing clamp
Do you mean this? These are common in home brewing and can be found at many brewing supply stores.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where can I get a pinch clamp ??
May 17, 5:26pm

Re: Size of Backpack Mesh Pocket
Nick, Check out the Gossamer Gear G4 instructions Here. The G4 front panel material is 12" wide and the pocket material is 15" wide (including seam allowances). I have a modified G4...

In Make Your Own Gear » Size of Backpack Mesh Pocket
May 17, 1:13am

REI UL Poles - Personal Experience
I’ve used a pair REI UL Carbon poles for several years now. They do have issues with the locking mechanism. Here’s what I think happens with my poles: Because the pole sections are taper...

In GEAR » REI UL Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles
May 05, 10:27am

Why a Quilt
Dan, Here are a few of my thoughts on bag vs. quilt: A quilt can be lighter. To compare apples to apples, take the lightest bag, remove the zipper and a few inches of material and fill from ...

In GEAR » Why a quilt?
May 04, 12:56pm

PCT SOBO
Jon, Francis Tapon advocates SOBO on the PCT. On his website he explains why he feels SOBO is better, and he has journals, pictures and videos of his SOBO hike.Click Here for his website. Jack...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pct southbound 2009
April 29, 12:19pm

G4 Kit
Michael, I suggest cutting out both upper shoulder strap pieces before sewing them together. If you cut out just one and then lay it on an oversized second piece, you have less control over stret...

In Make Your Own Gear » G4
April 22, 12:34pm

Re:Re: Soaking Cotton Balls With Vaseline
“I've noticed many people refer to "vaseline-soaked cotton balls" as a firestarter. I see why that would work, but how exactly do you "soak" them in vaseline?” Here...

In GEAR » What do you use to start your fire/stove?
April 21, 9:10am

G4 Kit
Michael, I recently finished my second modified G4 pack and am planning a 1500 cu in version. The online instructions are pretty straightforward. I assume the instructions that came with the ki...

In Make Your Own Gear » G4
April 19, 6:09pm

Blackberry mapping GPS
Here is another option for mapping (vector and raster) GPS. I’ve been using TrekBuddy GPS software on my Blackberry phone. Because I usually have my cell phone with me anyway, I can add GPS f...

In GEAR » brief survey of USGS Topo mapping GPS units
February 23, 12:27am

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.