BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 191 - 200 of 502 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...51

Forum » Thread

"***FS MT. HARDWEAR ETHERAL FTX ICE PARKA***"
SOLD

In Gear Swap » ***FS MT. HARDWEAR ETHERAL FTX ICE PARKA***
November 11, 9:17am

"***FS MT. HARDWEAR ETHERAL FTX ICE PARKA***
That's the way I do it as a person from the "old school"....its call MARKETING A PRODUCT. Trust me. This is NOT the first posingt of this QUALITY.....and by the way it is a QUALITY ...

November 08, 8:55am

The FACT this posting it is NOT SPAM!! I just revived the posting from February as I am a MEMBER OF BL.

November 08, 8:10am

Check out the REVIEWS... GO HERE

November 08, 5:58am

Pulk and Steep Ground
Steve....Depending on the steepness, snow quality/type and pulk design are variable that play into this issue. If you place a "runner/keel" on the bottom of the pulk this helps side slipp...

In Gear Lists » What kit sleeping\camp clothing (Michigan mid Nov, Ontario early Dec, ADK High Peaks early Feb)
October 31, 8:40am

Winter Piece of gear worth exploring
Steve.....Have you thought of using a pulk for your extended trips....great light weight piece of equipment/easy to make for winter snow travel that extends safety and comfort as it lightens ones p...

In Gear Lists » What kit sleeping\camp clothing (Michigan mid Nov, Ontario early Dec, ADK High Peaks early Feb)
October 31, 6:43am

Michigan Layering Example
Temp 350 - 400 F Layering Model BLACK DIAMOND BEANIE (1.62oz) ICEBREAKER 200 T SHIRT (0.3iclo) PATAONIA R1 PULL-OVER (0.32iclo) MONTBELL DOWN VEST (1.45clo) MONTBELL TACHYON ANORAK PU...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
October 29, 12:04pm

Teva Grecko Sandals
Samurai Joe's Te Araroa (Valesko) is currently walking the New Zealand Trail (Total Base Weight: ~6 lbs, 4 ounces) in sandals as he did on the CDT '09 (Total Base Weight: ~5 lbs 12 oz -~6 l...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 24, 5:59pm

Eddie Bauer ( First Ascent) Down Product Info
EB does not specify the down weight of the First Ascent garments line posted on their web site. Two items that may be of interest to some are listed below. Information was acquired from customer se...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer ( First Ascent) Down Product Info
October 13, 10:48am

Pasta e Olio
James....How many servings does ths serve? AND Do you have a "feeling" for the calories without additions?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Gourmet Backcountry Food
September 28, 8:02am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm