BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 191 - 200 of 272 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: poles size
According to the website 63cm to 135cm... Of the mainstream manufacturers I think Komperdell make probably the lightest adjustable/folding ones. The Carbon Ultralite Vario is 176 per pole, adjus...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles-Lightest fully adjustable
May 13, 3:55am

Crux
I use a Crux AK-47X (http://www.crux.uk.com/en/rucksacks.php?range=1&product=3) for most of my trips. Similar weight to the ULA Circuit, no external pockets, slightly larger internal volume and...

In GEAR » WHICH BACKPACK
May 09, 8:28am

Don't discount MYOG
I wouldn't discount your MYOG ability too soon. If you have access to a sewing machine it's pretty darn easy to make a pack at least as useful as that STS pack. I'm currently working on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sea To Summit UltraSil DayPack Mods
May 09, 7:25am

Sil Day Pack
250g seems quite a bit for a plastic frame. Maybe use a closed cell foam to just pad your back instead since you can't transfer any load to your hips anyway with that design.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sea To Summit UltraSil DayPack Mods
May 08, 8:32pm

Re: seams on pack
Samuel: "Don't know what a 'basic flat seam' is" Yeah I don't really know what to call it either I guess. I just mean the easiest type of seam where you put the two pie...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
May 08, 7:43pm

Re: Dyneema X and waterproof
That's true, K C, and I do plan on making one out of cuben, which I will glue rather than sew. But for now I am just trying to learn how best to seal and finish a small sewn pack.

May 06, 11:38pm

DR
Not much to back this up but I prefer the Double Rainbow, not having used or seen either =D

In GEAR » Tarptent SS2 or Double Rainbow
May 06, 11:33pm

Not sure
I'm still not convinced by the grosgrain/nylon option. Seems to me (and this has been backed up by what I've read on a few manufacturers sites) that having a grosgrain style binding could a...

May 06, 10:16pm

Good comparison
Hey Greg, That looks like a pretty comparable jacket (lighter, even). I thought PHD was pushing boundaries but it looks like Montbell beat them to it. Actually that also gives a good idea of ...

In GEAR » PHD "Wafer" super-ultralight down gear
May 06, 1:12am

Re: Bad?
"2 yards of cross grain weighs 8g, how would you fold where the waist and shoulder harness attaches with 1/2 seam allowance?" This is my problem. I have a chunky seam with like 8 piece...

May 05, 11:52pm

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.