BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 191 - 200 of 290 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

yeah
Yeah, the breathable clip in liner costs much more... I guess I will go CF and hope for the best.

In GEAR » Tarptent Double Rainbow Carbon or Al pole?
May 21, 6:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sources of 1/8" foam
I guessed that was the case. And I think the Evazote used in GG pads seems to be around 45 or 50. Gives me more info to go looker for similar stuff.

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL 7 felt "cool" under hips at 5-8 deg C
May 21, 6:39am

Re: Keprotec
Bummer that it's non-coated.

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra High Abrasion Resistant Fabric.
May 21, 5:14am

Re: Re: Sources of 1/8" foam
Yes I suppose the difference in R values is not huge, but if I don't get it I'll always want it ;). I might see what this local guy has got in the 3-4mm range and see how that performs as i...

May 21, 5:12am

Tarptent Double Rainbow Carbon or Al pole?
Couldn't find a thread about this. Seriously considering getting a TT Double Rainbow, but at the ordering screen I noticed there is the option for a carbon pole. Anyone have any experience w...

In GEAR » Tarptent Double Rainbow Carbon or Al pole?
May 21, 12:20am

Re: Re: Sources of 1/8" foam
Density is the thing though isn't it. If we are talking about maximum weight savings then the GG pads still win, 82g for 1500x500x3mm. Logically, it seems that less dense EVA should be warmer t...

May 20, 11:08pm

Re: Sources of 1/8" foam?
I have a local foam and rubber shop (http://www.actfoam.com.au/) that sells CCF in all sorts of ticknesses from 6mm or less to 10-15mm. Not sure how it compares to the supposedly very good Evazote ...

May 20, 10:14pm

Keprotec
My Crux pack (and indeed all Crux packs) are made from heavy weight Keprotec (which is not 100%, it's a nylon/kevlar blend) and yes, that stuff is burly. I have had no luck in trying to find it...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra High Abrasion Resistant Fabric.
May 20, 10:06pm

Re: zip
"I never consider a sleeping bag that cannot be ventillated well, ie full zip." Agreed. Those aren't really "summer sleeping bags", they're adventure racing fast and ...

In GEAR » Which of these 2 summer sleeping bags?
May 19, 8:11pm

Tape and tape?
Maybe double-sided tape the seam and then use single sided tape like from Zpacks to reinforce, on both sides if necessary?

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
May 19, 7:45am

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.