BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 191 - 200 of 281 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Tape and tape?
Maybe double-sided tape the seam and then use single sided tape like from Zpacks to reinforce, on both sides if necessary?

In Make Your Own Gear » Tape the Cuben Fiber or Sew it?
May 19, 7:45am

Looks good!
I like the velcro system for the roll top.

In Make Your Own Gear » 9oz Backpack for skiing
May 16, 9:29am

Not bad
That Super Mica looks pretty nice for the weight and price especially. Only problem with these 2/2.5 layer jackets is long-term durability (inside, not outside where the reinforcement is) under pac...

In GEAR » Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
May 16, 8:59am

Neat but...
Neat concept but is it really better than an MLD Newt at 170 grams?

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
May 16, 8:49am

MSR?
Have you considered the MSR Titan Kettle, 0.85 litres at 118 (claimed) grams with lid?

In GEAR » Pot suggestions on new cook kit
May 16, 8:47am

Re: Rab Zephyr
I bought a Boreas and immediately sold it. Fit was weird (tight across the chest and loose in the hips) and the fabric was too plasticky/rubbery for my liking. I bought an Alpine Jacket instead and...

In GEAR » Rab Zephyr
May 16, 8:42am

Re: GG Crown VC 60 fit
The fit does not seem too bad, but it is definitely not perfect. That said, my pack fits roughly like yours does with the slight fold and gap towards to the back of the shoulders. The difference fo...

In GEAR » No backpack fits me-problem with shoulder straps
May 16, 8:25am

Interesting!
Looks like a pretty awesome toy. If it can indeed replace a handheld GPS and an e-reader that would be something...

In GEAR » Earl Survival Tablet
May 13, 8:12am

Wait a second...
I think we are getting a bit confused here. Paclite is a 2-layer (or 2.5, they are the same thing) PTFE laminate made by Gore-tex and XCR (not ACR, I assume the original poster mis-typed)* is the o...

In GEAR » Rainshell question to our UK based BPL'ers: PacLite vs GoreTex
May 13, 4:32am

Re: poles size
According to the website 63cm to 135cm... Of the mainstream manufacturers I think Komperdell make probably the lightest adjustable/folding ones. The Carbon Ultralite Vario is 176 per pole, adjus...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles-Lightest fully adjustable
May 13, 3:55am

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.