BPL Community Profile

John Brochu (JohnnyBgood4) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New Hampshire
About Me John Brochu has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brochu

Showing 191 - 200 of 426 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: re: Help needed - filling MYOG down quilt
Thanks Jamie, that was a "durrr, aha" moment for me!

In Make Your Own Gear » Help needed - filling MYOG down quilt
December 03, 6:46pm

Re: UL with a gun
All right, all this posts needs now to be complete is Dave T to swing by and complain about how off track it is while simultaneously tossing several Molotov cocktails into the works...! :-)

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 03, 1:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Woo Hoo!
Wow, all of those photos are great and some of them are absolutely stunning. I first saw the article a few days ago and when I got home from work that night I pulled out my camera system and starte...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Light 2009 Reader Photo Contest Results
December 03, 12:08pm

Re: Pageloads
>>>Designing content to increase pageloads?<<< Ya, because that increases the value of all that advertising BPL sells...

December 03, 11:58am

Re: Re: Triptease?
If you carry any mini biners as part of your standard kit, provided they were strong enough for your intended use*, you could get away with a thinner diameter line by utilizing a friction hitch lik...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lowering a pack using rope
December 03, 11:40am

Re: Need lightweight synthetic bag
Look up Tim Marshall in the MYOG forum. 2 pounds might not be possible for a synthetic +15 bag but he'll be able to tell you if it's possible and provide you a quote for a custom fitted bag.

In GEAR » Need lightweight synthetic bag
December 03, 9:09am

Re: comments deletion
Simon - this is not a response to you but a response to a thread by Josh that I think got deleted from the Editor's forum... My response over there will prolly get deleted so I'm preemptive...

December 03, 8:50am

Re: Warning: Reincarnation Awaits
I didn't read that article, but that looks like a via ferrata, which is Italian for something like, "iron path" iirc. There are many via ferrata's in Europe, and there is a tec...

In Chaff » Warning: Death Happens
December 03, 8:04am

Re: UL with a gun?
I don't agree with most of your points. First off, I would say only a small minority of UL advocates primarily adopt UL in the context of environmental awareness. Most of us are gear whores...

December 03, 7:45am

Re: Help needed - filling MYOG down quilt
>>> It looks like next I need to place a container on a scale and tare it out, next I place my down in the container.<<< It seems like working with down is really difficult so ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help needed - filling MYOG down quilt
December 03, 7:09am

All Reader Reviews by John Brochu

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips. Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 1:42pm

ULA Conduit
Used this pack on 5 or 6 overnight trips ranging from one night to 7 nights and a base weight ranging from 8 to 12 pounds. The pack is outstanding. It carried well up to 28 pounds. The hip belt po...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 11, 9:51am

Sierra Designs Isotope Jacket 2007
I bought this jacket a while back mostly to bring on longish alpine routes as a wind/emergency rain jacket. I've only actually used it climbing once, but have carried it up several climbs in my ha...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 03, 9:23am