BPL Community Profile

John Gilbert (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me John Gilbert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Gilbert

Showing 191 - 200 of 550 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...55

Forum » Thread

bump
Anyone with pics or advice ?

In GEAR » Pack Comparisons
November 13, 5:22am

Opinionated
Since I am a relative newcomer to UL, and the type of person these articles may influence, I thought I'd chime in even though I'm late to the party. I like articles that express what a r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
November 11, 2:33pm

Pack Comparison Pics
That would be great. Thanks Aaron !

November 08, 6:34pm

Bear can carry
I think people who carry their bear keg strapped to the top generally carry it empty and put the food in their pack while hiking to avoid having a huge weight too high up. I've often wondere...

In GEAR » HMG Windrider backpack
November 07, 1:27pm

Pack Comparisons
Can someone post a picture comparing the Vapor Trail and what ever similar sized packs they have from the UL industry (especially Gossamer Gear, MLD, ULA, & Golite) ? (Or just their similar pac...

November 07, 10:48am

Condensation
Forgot to mention. I switched to a tarp, and still get condensation inside just due to the temperature drop - but I live in a very humid area. Using my double wall tents in the typical spring...

In GEAR » Wet inside my Tarptent Contrail
November 07, 10:31am

Condensation
The "no-seeum" mesh used for the upper half of the inner of my Sierra Design's tents (Lightning & Meteor Light) doesn't let the condensation drops through inside. Both big an...

In GEAR » Wet inside my Tarptent Contrail
November 07, 10:23am

flashlight vs headlamp
For hiking-only, I prefer a flashlight since it's easier to flick back and forth while looking at each tree to find the next blaze. It is also easier to flick back and forth to see the section ...

In GEAR » Flashlight vs. Headlamp for hiking
November 04, 3:26pm

Vapor Trail
I tried the VT one hike. With 20 lbs in it and along rugged trails, the 2 lb VT was almost as comfortable as my 7.5 lb Lowe Alpine. I had zero weight on the shoulder straps, but compressed the loa...

In GEAR » GG Vapor Trail 1st impressions
November 01, 12:11pm

foam pad
The Z-rest was about 33% more comfortable to me than the standard thickness ridgerest. The egg crate bumps went flat really fast though. So for comfort for more than a couple of weeks of use, I...

In GEAR » most comfy foam pad
October 18, 6:29am

All Reader Reviews by John Gilbert

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm