BPL Community Profile

John Gilbert (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me John Gilbert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Gilbert

Showing 191 - 200 of 556 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...56

Forum » Thread

Grand Canyon Gear Questions
I'm planning a mid-May trip from the North Rim, across the corridor (with some side canyon exploration), along Tanto plateau, and up hermits trail to the South Rim. I have 3 questions... ...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Gear Questions
November 24, 6:22pm

Achohol usage
You might also want to budget a little to pour into a primer pan and to be used up by the stove before it blooms (blooms take longer in the cold). We had a cat can stove and penny stove out thi...

In GEAR » Newbie Question?
November 22, 7:05pm

Water
I typically carry a full 1/2 liter "Deer Park" water bottle, per 6 hours of hiking. If it's over 80 degrees, I carry 2. In most cases, I usually have a tiny bit left when I make camp....

In GEAR » Including the weight of water
November 22, 6:53pm

Pack for 35-45#s
I have an older Kelty external frame pack that weighs 3 lbs 5 oz and carries 35-45#s like a dream on most trails, and works OK for skiing (pack the weight lower inside though). If you have a reall...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
November 22, 6:38pm

Adirondacks
I spent 15 years backpacking in the dacks. I used a Sierra designs meteor light and a SD lightning. I think any tent from Big Agnes, MSR, or REI priced around $250 or more will keep you dry in th...

In GEAR » Best tent for rain
November 17, 3:40pm

Thanks
Thanks for the advice everyone. The pics and commentary in Burn thread from May is particularily good - thanks Mike !

In GEAR » Pack Comparisons
November 14, 12:08pm

bump
Anyone with pics or advice ?

November 13, 5:22am

Opinionated
Since I am a relative newcomer to UL, and the type of person these articles may influence, I thought I'd chime in even though I'm late to the party. I like articles that express what a r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
November 11, 2:33pm

Pack Comparison Pics
That would be great. Thanks Aaron !

November 08, 6:34pm

Bear can carry
I think people who carry their bear keg strapped to the top generally carry it empty and put the food in their pack while hiking to avoid having a huge weight too high up. I've often wondere...

In GEAR » HMG Windrider backpack
November 07, 1:27pm

All Reader Reviews by John Gilbert

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm