BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 191 - 200 of 1262 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GGG Whatcha Bringing?-John Abela
@Doug, I do not think so. Pretty sure I am all caught up on all PM's and HL emails. contact me.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 05, 7:03pm

Re: Re: Re: GGG Whatcha Bringing?
Those of you that are wood-burners, I have the Suluk46 TDW Stove and the Suluk46 LCT that I had not planned on bringing, but if anybody out there wants to see either/both of them, let me know and I...

January 05, 6:17pm

Re: GGG Whatcha Bringing?
Really looking forward to seeing that SMD Luno SE!! And hoping SMD can unveil their backpack this year too. Anybody have insights on that?? @Duane, I will bring the ZPacks Hexamid Pocket a...

January 05, 4:39pm

Re: Re: Re: GGG list of gear you're bringing (shelter, packs, sleeping bags, quilts, stoves, cookpots, etc.)
It makes it sooo much easier when you know that John X is bringing Y and Z. John A will be bring this stuff (and probably more) to use and let others play with.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 04, 7:27pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
30 days until the 2013 GGG!!! @Jon/FCG... I would like to see one of those home emergency units. You ever get your website updated and I might order up one of those. @All, I will probab...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 24, 7:57am

Re: Re: Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
Zpacks must use some sort of glue to bond the two layers of Event membrane to the fabric in the middle ... Zpacks would have done better it the cuben was one the outside with one layer of Event mem...

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 20, 10:27pm

Re: Single person 3-season shelter for rainy environment
>>> Any suggestions? If your wallet does not care about pain, take a look at my Solo SUL/XUL Fully Enclosed Shelter Comparisons article.

In GEAR » Single person 3-season shelter for rainy environment
December 19, 10:00pm

Re: Question on Fit of Montbell Mirage
>>> MB Mirage jacket ... Montbell UL down parka I have both the Montbell Mirage Parka and the Montbell UL Down Inner Parka and I find that the Mirage is a bit looser fit than the ULDIP,...

In GEAR » Question on Fit of Montbell Mirage
December 19, 9:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
Ian B.: Hopefully someone will have the thinner one at the GGG for comparison but I'm pretty happy with the kit and don't see any reason to swap out the mug. Hey Ian, I can bring my Gen2...

In GEAR » Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
December 19, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
ps... really quickly... would like to address/bounce this one thing off you... I think the really interesting part of this was the statement: the fabrication sandwich which is made up of two ...

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 19, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm