BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 191 - 200 of 1284 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: skyscape
Christopher: I personally will never get an attached cuben floor again. Yeah, I hear ya. I am within the small but growing crowd that believe that CF has no place being used as a bathtub of a sh...

In GEAR » Skyscape X -minor mods.
February 05, 10:14pm

Re: Skyscape X
As Jim said above... it does not have attachment points for guylines. However, with the next generation of the Skyscape X using an external support system, it might be possible to attach some co...

February 05, 10:06pm

Re: skyscape
Samuel C. Farrington: So Richard tests the stuff to death, posts the results at enormous length right here, showing ~3000HH for best quality silnylon that is much less expensive than the cuben that...

February 05, 9:44pm

Re: Re:trail health forum
+1 for a "trail health" forum. Last year when I suffered an injury I could have really used a resource such as what the BPL community could offer in regards to recovery. Yes, I sought ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Injury forum
February 04, 7:10pm

Re: GGG/SoCal
Hey Don, this being the first year for a GGG SoCal, you may not need it, but if you do or would like to have, I would be totally willing to duplicate the http://gggwest.com/ website that I threw to...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG in Southern CA
February 04, 7:01pm

Re: new SMD packs
Just wanted to quickly say that after having put on a Fusion 50 at the GGG (which I loaded up with about 12 pound of gear) I am very much looking forward to this pack being made available. The load...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 04, 6:57pm

Re: Re: what Eric said
ps... I posted a photo a week or so ago about the next generation of the SMDSX... it will have external support rather than internal support. The cross bar will also change to a carbon fiber and ha...

February 02, 11:21pm

Re: what Eric said
... what eric said... would be a legit issue of the Skyscape X had a silnylon floor. As it is, all the water that wants to can collect under there and big'flipping'woopie'doo... its a c...

February 02, 11:17pm

Re: solomid xl
Pretty sweet post here guys!! Like others, I am very much looking for photos of hikers sitting up inside of this shelter while sitting on a Neoair, so we can have an idea of head-room and whethe...

In GEAR » New MLD SoloMid XL
February 02, 4:14am

Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
For all of you that saw the little camera holder that I had setup at the GGG, they are now available for purchase. Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback I got and I hope they prove to be supe...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
February 02, 1:14am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm