BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 191 - 200 of 1149 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...115

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks
my EE quilt wraps up pretty well. this spring i used it with the top snap closed up around my neck/shoulders and it kept the sides folded in quite nicely. (along with the bottom snaps and zipper t...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear
September 16, 11:05pm

Re: 3 season gear
skip the trowel and leather gloves. holes can be dug with poles, stick, stakes. leather is heavy and doesn't dry well and doesn't like being wet. a pair of liner gloves would be li...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear
September 16, 8:37pm

Re: Re: Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
yep.. put ground cloth down.. roll around a little bit and find the pointy stuff. This is also a good time to figure out how flat it is and can orient the tent so your head is uphill if it's n...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
September 16, 11:17am

Re: Boulder floods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNDNlhYl58 this one might be slightly more optimistic Mags

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
September 15, 11:47am

Re: More fun to boil water? Not for me...
I agree.. Sawyer all the way. It probably weighs similar to an empty white gas bottle. Which leaves you the option for many many days worth of Isobutane in 100g (a few weeks if you only cook din...

In GEAR » Short trips, boil or filter water? Old stove pics
September 14, 12:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
I read on another forum that some folks carried a canoe up to Lake of the Clouds in the Presidentials to float around haha seems like a lot of work for a very small pond

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 13, 9:11pm

Re: Changes...
You could skip the hassle of switching packs and just rock the Exos 46 the whole way. that fabric repels water pretty nice (at least on my 58 and 34). I don't know how much weight the ULA sa...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT NOBO gear list
September 13, 8:19pm

Re: brrrr
STS is Sea to summit.. stuff sacks. which I agree, i'd skip some in favor of a compactor bag liner. 13L is probably food bag.. which is fine. Maybe keep the Cuben one for days you anticipa...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT NOBO gear list
September 13, 2:55pm

Re: Food
"left over peanut M&M's. I didn't think such a thing existed..... you were doing something wrong ;) I haven't done such a strenuous hike but on my multiday hikes I alwa...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in 5 days 2 hours
September 12, 10:16pm

Re: The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
Saw some fun things on the Long Trail last summer. first was a family that had done 3 days to do what we did that day up to Killington. they had large frame packs with canned food, large bott...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 8:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.