BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 191 - 200 of 1188 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks Jake!!
What i've learned on many different forums when medical advice is asked. The OP usually takes the easiest suggestion regardless of the knowledge of who gave it. For that reason I've pre...

In GEAR » Knee braces while hiking
November 13, 7:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Knee braces while hiking
"Well said Bill D. I completely agree. I've had enough experience in health with "experts" to learn and understand first hand that education and a piece of paper doesn't alwa...

In GEAR » Knee braces while hiking
November 13, 5:01pm

Re: Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
keep checking the Gear Swap below this.. stuff comes up all the time

In Gear Deals » Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
November 09, 1:32pm

Re: Looking for a challenging and scenic 75-150 mile hike
NH section of the AT would be pretty challenging if you're not used to White Mountains style hiking.. 160mi from VT border to ME border.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking for a challenging and scenic 75-150 mile hike
November 06, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't camp in creekbeds
Yea, that is what I meant. he has put in time and knows his stuff. i'd guess it is almost like avalanche forecasting .. you can look at conditions and then precip and have a pretty good idea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Don't camp in creekbeds
November 06, 1:09pm

Re: Re: Re: no good deed goes unpunished
no extra contest but Zpacks is advertising voting on their facebook page too... so whatever. i figure it's all advertising. winning the award is advertising.. contest is advertising. a...

In Gear Deals » Free MLD Gear
November 06, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Don't camp in creekbeds
That pretty impressive forecasting. Luckily not a major problem in the NE for me ;) though we do get higher rivers later in the day with snowmelt or rain up higher.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Don't camp in creekbeds
November 06, 12:10pm

Re: Inward pull waist belt straps?
My Osprey Exos's have inward pull.. definitely much more ergonomic and easy to tighten. I was also excited that my size S packs had straps that i didn't max out with my 29" waist. ...

In GEAR » Inward pull waist belt straps?
November 04, 4:40pm

Re: September Trip to the Winds
Nice.. love the one of the Golden sitting at the river.. "uh i'm going to wait to see how this goes for him" ;)

In Post-Trip Reports » September Trip to the Winds
November 04, 7:52am

Re: Re: AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
Only done the LT and sections of AT in NH/CT but shelters are damn convenient.. which is good and bad. It is really nice to pull into camp, throw your pad and quilt down and call it home. i...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Shelters- how frequently will I want to use them?
November 03, 9:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.