BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 191 - 200 of 1097 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...110

Forum » Thread

Re: more updates
haha.. this is why you do overnights before you start busting out longer trips.. for 1-2nights you can get away with just about anything. after this you will see what you prefer more

In Gear Lists » First overnight, gear list!
August 21, 7:54pm

Re: Re: wind shirt
sanitizer is good. i'm not a fan of soap backpacking since even "biodegradable" stuff isn't great for water sources. can hang your SS up when you get into camp and throw on th...

August 21, 8:05am

Re: Re: Re: The route
Could see how you feel.. go stay at Kinsman pond shelter/campsite.. really awesome shelter, practically new. hit up Kinsman and S kinsman and Cannon maybe. another dinner and a few more sna...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Easy one nighter in New England?
August 20, 10:44pm

Re: update, rain?
i don't like poncho's for the Whites.. trees are usually too close and you get caught up and can't see your feet. I think rain gear is one that you just have to decide what is needed...

August 20, 8:54am

Re: The route
Sounds good. I say wake up a bit earlier on day 2 and take a side trip out to Lonesome Lake instead of taking the bike path back. 2mi/1 hr extra but a pretty nice spot. I wake up around 5am...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Easy one nighter in New England?
August 19, 9:51pm

Re: Synthetic quilt shell material?
I used M90 on the outside and the M90 taffeta on the inside. so far so good. not as light as M50 but cheaper

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic quilt shell material?
August 19, 9:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: UL lake crossing
parting the Red Sea had an element of multiuse since Moses's staff could be used for his shelter.... plus it was LNT

In Philosophy & Technique » UL lake crossing
August 19, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First overnight, gear list!
Tent should be fine. This time last year I was in Vermont sleeping in 3 sided shelters for 2 weeks thru-hiking the LT with a 45* quilt, long sleeve merino and a smartwool sweater ;) Have a dec...

August 18, 10:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
For a few days i'm usually not that hungry.. small breakfast and snacks through lunch, then a small-moderate dinner are fine. spend more than 4-5 days out and you start requiring a lot more t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where Did Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Go?
August 17, 11:59am

Re: Re: Re: First overnight, gear list!
Oh, and don't forget $8 bucks for the campsite. When are you going? weather lately has been awesome.

August 16, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.