BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 191 - 200 of 589 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: rx100 vs. nex kit
Serge, if your primary interest is using the kit lens, then you're probably best off with the RX100. The NEX 18-55 is not a bad lens, it's best in the middle of its range and worst at th...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
September 20, 8:09am

Re: Re: Trinity Alps Septemberfest 28-30th
Sounds good. I am +1 if it matters. Sandra decided to come meet the bad influences I've been hanging around with *cough* KEN *cough* ;)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps Septemberfest 28-30th
September 19, 8:28am

Zeiss to release AF lenses for NEX
So the latest interesting development, Zeiss will be releasing a new line of lenses specifically for APS-C mirrorless cameras. NEX E-Mount is included among these, and the lenses will have AF to bo...

September 18, 3:45pm

Re: 16-50
Hey Chris. I think the kit lens is pretty good too (for a kit lens anyway). At 24mm it's hard to beat for the cost. Not terrible at 18mm either. Some early sample photos I saw from the new 1...

September 18, 3:40pm

Re: Re: Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
For sure I can see it being popular within its audience. Compared to the RX100 I think sales will be small. I can imagine conversations at the camera shop "whadda ya mean it doesn't zoom?&...

In Photography » Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
September 17, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
By the way, I think the M9 price is only going to go down from here, but that's still a huge jump... and that is some old tech nowadays.

September 15, 12:43pm

Re: Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
Rick, you think it will sell that well? It's position in the market is unique - a fixed lens, P&S form, FF sensor and FF price tag. I get the feeling that it will be more of a cult camer...

September 15, 12:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
That's cool Eugene. Other than the X100 and RX1 both being fixed lens, they don't seem to have much in common though. Would you add on the OVF, or shoot like a P&S? I deal with the 5...

September 15, 9:29am

Re: Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
Rog, I think Sony set out to make a statement with the RX1. "Our sensors are dominating the competition (what little of it there is left) and by the way, look what we can do!" It's...

September 15, 8:55am

Re: Re: New NEX Lenses
Tony, at web sizes the RX100 looks as good as the next thing. As tempting as it is to compare it to other cameras, I wouldn't do that. Take it for what it is, a high end P&S with a sensor t...

September 13, 8:34am

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am