Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Roan (JRoan) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vegas
About Me Up high, with the ancient bristlecones, or deep in a slot canyon.
CityLas Vegas
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.MountainUltraLight.com
My PDF Gear ListCouples 3 season list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Roan

Showing 191 - 200 of 206 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: 2 person bivy
Hi David, I am interested in the 2nd for 30% off. Can you tell me what's wrong with it? I'm interested in a two person tarp as well. What do you suggest for that? Thanks, John

In GEAR » Oware Bivy Two Person Simple
June 24, 8:18am

Oware Bivy Two Person Simple
Has anyone used this bivy? Good/bad luck?? I'm thinking about migrating from tent to tarp/bivy system. This bivy looks like it might be worth trying for $139, but I have no bivy experience ye...

In GEAR » Oware Bivy Two Person Simple
June 23, 2:35pm

Re: double bivy
Hi Dave, What do you mean by "They have a hood with a zipper under the chin"? Is this to attach the noseeum net? What type of semi rectangular down bag do you use? Thanks, John

In GEAR » sleep system for couples?
June 23, 9:04am

Re: Re: "sleep system for couples?"
Thanks for the tips everyone. Until one of the "cottage" manufacturers comes up with a good light weight solution, it appears DIY projects are in order. Guess I should have taken that sew...

June 20, 1:56pm

Re: "sleep system for couples?"
Patrick, It sounds like you are happy with the BA. We have two medium sized dogs that go with us as well. If your daughter fits in between you, it sounds like our dogs would too. I too have an a...

June 19, 12:39pm

Re: Re: sleep system for couples?
Big Agnes makes a King Solomon 15° double wide that weighs 5lbs 3oz according to the mfg. Not available yet, must be new. Looks comfy, but a bit heavy. Would love to find a lighter solution.

June 19, 11:19am

sleep system for couples?
I need some advice here...my girlfriend and I like to share a sleep system...e.g. two bags zipped together. Here's what we have for warm summer conditions; Big Agnes Lost Dog-long = 22oz Bi...

June 19, 8:47am

Re: Where can I get those black plastic thingies?
BPL sells the AirCore PRO Dyneema Guyline Cord Kit...look under SHOP, SHELTER, or go to this link. Very nice...and on sale right now! (I sound like I work here or something - not)! http://www.ba...

In GEAR » Where can I get those black plastic thingies?
June 18, 5:17pm

Re: Re: Backpacking Light UL 180 Quilt
Chris, Which model MLD do you have...e.g. 2.5, 5.0, or 7.5oz/sq/yd? And what temp range have you used it comfortably in? I was thinking of using the MLD in conjunction with my two Big Agnes Lo...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light UL 180 Quilt
June 18, 4:29pm

Re: Re: Backpacking Light UL 180 Quilt
Thanks Christopher. My feet aren't quite as big as yours (13), but I may have similar issues with the foot box. I'll check out the MLD some more...I like the fact that it doesn't have a...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light UL 180 Quilt
June 18, 12:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John Roan

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
My rating is actually 4.5 out of 5 (not an option in the drop down box). I...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 19, 5:35pm

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The guys at Trail Designs have built a reputation for themselves by providing innovative products and excellent customer service. Their Caldera Cone system was a revolution in UL wind screen/pot holde...

In Stoves - Other
August 21, 5:35pm