Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 191 - 200 of 919 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...92

Forum » Thread

North Carolina hiking season?
What's the weather typically like in the Linville Gorge area in early October? Temps? Precipitation? Bugs? Is this a good time to consider a trip? edit- oops, wrong forum

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » North Carolina hiking season?
April 05, 9:07am

Re: Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
Just about everything. I stick to a whole foods/paleo diet at home. Backpacking falls under the category of "road rules". Love a big bowl of pasta in the evenings, and a giant diner br...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
April 05, 8:48am

Re shorts
I can't wear those either. Brooks makes a running short with a boxer brief style liner that is awesome though. Don't know the model name but I found it at REI

In GEAR » Swappin' Out My Shorts
April 04, 8:22am

Re stuff pocket
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to? Just toss it in the pack with everything else.

In GEAR » 2013 Patagonia Houdini pocket size too small to stuff
April 04, 8:17am

re: synthetic quilt
I couldn't be happier with the MLD spirit quilt 48 I ended up getting. Earplugs- no. I wouldn't want to drown out the night time noises (coyotes, falling rain, insects, tree frogs, etc)....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Challenging weather- how would you handle this situation?
April 03, 1:33pm

Conclusions
I had an awesome winter season, getting out for trips at least every two weeks. We had some unusual weather this year, with a fairly high percentage of days in the 25-35 F range with mixed precipit...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Challenging weather- how would you handle this situation?
April 03, 1:12pm

re: gear maintenance
"Gear is just stuff"- agreed. This is more about state of mind. I prefer a spartan aesthetic and can't relax until stuff is put away. Along the same lines, you can usually tell when I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
April 03, 9:30am

Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
This was a fun discussion of Post Hike Rituals I have another post hike confession. I can't relax after a trip until all my gear is taken care of. Generally, as soon as I get home, I go d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
April 03, 8:36am

ID eVENT Anorak
Price reduced $105

In Gear Swap » FS: ID Event Anorak size medium, Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy Regular, Wide
April 02, 8:37am

WTB: BPL vapor bivy in excellent condition
I'm looking for a newish BPL vapor bivy (the most recent iteration). Size regular. Already have one that I love. Worried it won't last forever. Anyone have one they don't use?

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL vapor bivy in excellent condition
April 02, 8:36am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.