BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 191 - 200 of 613 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...62

Forum » Thread

Spouses in 40" wide tents
I haven't used any of the mentioned tents, but I have sleep several ( 10 or so) nights in 40" wide tents with my wife (and kids before that). They all had single front entries. It is sma...

In GEAR » Occasional two person tent - Stratospire 1 or Double Rainbow?
December 05, 6:40pm

My buddy Les
"What would Les Stroud do?" "I had noted this predicted front when I started the route, but there it was hours early and coming my way." Based on what I know about Les, no...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 'Caught In A Storm, Near-Hypothermic, A Piece Of Gear Saved My Life'
December 05, 6:29pm

Re: +1 on Eric's reports also
"What did they do wrong? What did they do right (if anything)? What could they have done differently?" I try to learn from other people's mistakes as much as possible. It is much ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man ties legs together, crawls for help
December 05, 6:09pm

Shipping
If anyone is interested, shipping is $16.36 bringing the price to $4 per cartridge, but you have to purchase 12. Added: BTW, I did not order them. Shipping made them too close to the cost of l...

In Philosophy & Technique » cold weather performance upright canister
December 05, 2:14pm

Canisters...
Alas, I have none. :^( I do have the adapter to allow it to use the current threaded canisters. :^) I haven't installed it yet (it requires a little filing).

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 05, 11:51am

lantern
I use to have that lantern! I still have the matching stove (globe trotter).

In Philosophy & Technique » Your "stupid light" moments.
December 05, 8:15am

Re: Tight sleeve hems
"...it sure shed water in my brief shower test!" You're not supposed to shower with a jacket on! ;)

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
November 27, 4:35pm

Re: Alternative electronic gadget chargers
http://www.flamestower.com/ That thing is pretty cool. Nothing I'm likely to get, but cool regardless.

In GEAR » Alternative electronic gadget chargers
November 27, 3:21pm

Quilt
I made a rayway syn quilt as my first real project. Because my sewing machine's presser foot tends to stick up, it was harder than it should have been. If you know how to operate a sewing mac...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG project
November 27, 1:39pm

UL bottles
I already have some of the 16oz beer bottles. I'm looking at the Monster, et al. as a bigger bottle to better double as a water boiling container. I'm sure you've posted it before...

In GEAR » Ultralight Hard Bottle?
November 25, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm