BPL Community Profile

Greyson Howard (Greyhound) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Sierra Nevada
About Me Greyson Howard has not added a biography yet.
CityTruckee
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://shop.starthaus.com/store/pc/home.asp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greyson Howard

Showing 191 - 200 of 246 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: New GoLite Website
I'll judge Golite by their gear, not their website difficulties. Too bad I can't see much of their gear...

In GEAR » New Golite website
January 28, 3:12pm

REI Kilo Flash
New option for a lightweight bag: rated to 40 degrees, no loft figures. claimed weight 1 lb 3 oz for reg length $179. Just wanted to put it out there.

In GEAR » REI Kilo Flash
January 27, 6:28pm

Re: How about 2 packs?
2 packs would be nice, but I can't really afford that right now. Right now the Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus is in the lead for weight, price, flexibility of options, and capacity, which BPL pus...

In GEAR » The right pack for the job
January 26, 8:27pm

Re: re:The right pack for the job
If it comes down to it, I will go for something a little more heavy duty, but I'd like to see if I can get away with something lighter, since I won't be carrying that weight most of the tim...

January 25, 10:04pm

The right pack for the job
I know everybody is tired of the "what pack should I buy" question, but I could really use some help. First the basics. Me: 6'3" 155lbs, so tall and skinny. The hikes I wou...

January 25, 9:01pm

Water belt
Anybody know of a good light-weight fanny pack that could double as a speeder belt for water carry?

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
January 22, 8:03pm

Re: Tarp/Bivy - Gatewood Cape
A little off topic, but have you considered replacing the front two panels (on either side of the main zipper) with something like epic on the Gatewood? This would seem to put breathable fabric whe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp/Bivy advice needed.
January 22, 7:59pm

Backpacker
The issue I have with Backpacker is they treat light-weight backpacking as a fring sport: they mention a couple light weight items once in a blue moon, then go back to 50 pound packs. They never s...

In GEAR » Backpacker's "Gear Guide" just out
January 21, 10:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pictures
I probably won't get a bag night in it for a while, but the mouth-against-the-fabric breathability test proved very breathable, if that helps.

In GEAR » Large Titanium Goat Bivy
January 19, 9:48pm

Speeder belt
The idea of the speeder belt is interesting, I have been thinking a lot lately about distributing weight more across the torso, rather than in the pack. Would hip belt pockets, and water storage,...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
January 17, 10:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Greyson Howard

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better No Sniveller quilt
I have used this quilt 15 nights this summer, all in the northern Sierra in the greater Lake Tahoe area. Temperatures were between the low 30's and the high 40's. The quilt was used in con...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 17, 7:28pm

Six Moon Designs Comet
I have used this pack a total of 17 days this summer, including 15 on a thru-hike of the Tahoe Rim Trail. The pack volume and design suit my needs perfectly for carrying up to 5 days worth of food,...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 17, 7:18pm

Titanium Goat Basic Bivy
This review is for the large bivy with the old-style bug headnet (a mesh headnet bag sewn across the chest, pulled over the head, under the bivy). This is the best value hands down in water resista...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
August 17, 7:07pm

Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 F, 800 down
The phantom 32 was my first light-weight item, and is still my favorite. Loft is great, the hood fits great, and there is enough room for me to add a down jacket or vest. The one downside is the .85 ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 13, 11:34pm

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
During the time I have used this bivy, I have experienced no condensation, even when the single wall tent I was in was dripping. I have not found a great solution to getting the bug-mesh away from my...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
December 10, 12:09am

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I've spent 3 solid days in this rain suit in a storm in Point Reyes, and one in the Sierra foothills. The suit was totally water and windproof, breathed very well (sweat only under pack straps and...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 10:05pm

Golite Den 2
Similar to tarptent designs, but no vestibule and made out of Golite's heavy-duty silnylon, so it weighs a little more (3.5 lbs). I have used it in Tahoe National Forest where it was used for me and a...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 25, 11:08pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I found this pad to be extremely comfortable (better than the bed I slept on through college), but it doesn't take much to get a chill through it. I bought a Gossamer Gear Thinlight pad for insulation...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 25, 11:01pm