BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 191 - 200 of 559 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...56

Forum » Thread

Screen Capture his Desktop
Take a screen capture of a persons desktop with nothing open. ctrl and prt screen on most computers. Move all of the icons into the far bottom corner as far off the screen as possible. Open Pain...

In Chaff » Computer Pranks
January 26, 12:12am

Philosophy rather than weight Target
For me the best thing I learned about this site was to think criticaly about what you take and not just say It doesnt weigh much. This process works no matter your base weight or budget. And i th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 8:13pm

Vapour vs. Liquid?
Have these bags been tested in high humidity. I haven't paid that much attention but the test I have seen all involve soaking the bag with water and drying it out. In hundreds of nights the w...

In GEAR » Dridown sleeping bag...
January 20, 10:13pm

quilt
For bang for your buck check out enlightened equipment quilts. For just over 200 dollars you can get yourself a 20f quilt. There is no better deal on a high quality down sleeping product. You ...

In GEAR » My first quilt - one quilt, all seasons, room to move
January 09, 11:05am

Add more tents to the Comparison
Not sure what your other needs are but just comparing the Big Angus UL2 (1.5 person tent really) and the Hubba Hubba, a moderately sized but still kind of small 2 person tent seems to be kind of li...

In GEAR » Any Hubba Hubba Fans Left Out There?
January 06, 10:54am

Philosphy
I have always thought that the value in the BPL "Philosophy" was the thoughtful evalution of what you carry and challanging the sacred cows of things you need to bring. This approach c...

In Philosophy & Technique » King of Denial
January 04, 2:11pm

You have to start Nit-Picking
To get lower than 7lbs I think you need to start nit-picking. I would check out John Abela's gearlists as he has quite a few iterations at various base weights to see where you can cut. Every...

In Gear Lists » What am I doing wrong? Do you see something I
January 02, 6:54pm

Re: Re: Bikes shrink wild places
If you allow horses you might as well allow bikes. This is nothing that destroys the smell of wilderness more than horse shit and nothing destroys trails faster than horses on wet trail.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Damn those mountain bike hooligans!!!"
January 02, 6:30pm

Re: Montbell jacket sizing
I would say probably. My XL EX light down has the following on the tag USA XL Japan XXL But that doesn't tell you if their sizing has changed or just the labelling of the sizes. Genera...

In GEAR » Montbell jacket sizing
January 02, 6:26pm

DIY
I am in the process of making one using 1" webbing, blue foam sleeping pad and duct tape. I am thinking about adding some duct tape loops to tie in to my day pack which I will use to carry wa...

In GEAR » Waist belt for pulk?
January 02, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm