BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 191 - 200 of 805 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re Stereotyping
"Again from all the accounts it looks like there was a mild altercation up high that (pardon the pun) snowballed as people descended the mountain due to the momentum of too many egos." ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck tossed off Everest
May 15, 3:18pm

Re: Re: re: Swiftcurrent v. Highline
The Highline stretch from Logan Pass to Granite Park is a hiker freeway. It will be packed with people in mid-August. It is still quite beautiful, but I only hike that section if I have family or...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Got my GNP permits!! Info/ ideas please!
May 15, 3:14pm

Re: Where the straps should be..
I owned the Crown and returned it to REI. It is a lot of good ideas put together in a poor package. What really matters for load lifters is the fit of the pack to your torso, otherwise they won...

In GEAR » Load lifters on the Granite Gear Crown 60 V.C. Ki and other backpacks
May 15, 2:01am

re Stereotyping
Stereotyping is the act of applying knowledge or assumptions about a group to an individual. It is not making generalizations about the behavior of a group. What Fitz is doing is merely looking...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck tossed off Everest
May 15, 1:49am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got my GNP permits!! Info/ ideas please!
The Highline Trail from Logan Pass is pretty easy. It's a good 25 miles that way to Flattop Mtn IIRC, but you won't have a lot of elevation to deal with. If you wanted to, you could mak...

May 15, 1:37am

Re: Re: Re: Got my GNP permits!! Info/ ideas please!
Bugs shouldn't be too bad that time of year. I still keep a headnet in my pack in August for the evenings if I'll be down low like in the Belly. Otherwise, I don't even bother with bu...

May 14, 10:52pm

Re: Cabelas Guide Wear
I'm not a desert hiker, but I haven't worn anything but Patagonia Rock Craft pants (successors to the Rock Guides, I believe) in the last year. I've hiked in them well into the 90s wit...

In GEAR » Gear Recommendation: Hiking Pants for Hot Weather Summer
May 04, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Re: A topo of your tent
I don't think it's a big improvement, but it does allow a quicker route to analysis. It's incremental at best, but there's no reason to fault Nemo for giving us more data. My on...

In GEAR » A topo of your tent
May 04, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Fly Creek UL1
If you want to sleep with the inner only so you can look at the stars, why not consider a TarpTent Notch? FWIW, I keep saying that I am going to sell my Rainbow because I now have lighter shelte...

In GEAR » Tent for the JMT
April 29, 8:50pm

Re: Polycro works great
Sean, I've never used a groundsheet with my Rainbow. Honestly, it is up to you if you want it or not. The bottom gets a little dirty, but it hasn't bothered me any.

In GEAR » Tarptent and Groundsheets
April 29, 11:57am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.