BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 191 - 200 of 830 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...83

Forum » Thread

re: UL Hypocrisy
Ryan, I do appreciate you acknowledging the hypocrisy inherent in UL. (Let's go ahead and be really honest--it's just inherent in most things we humans do.) While I really like the emph...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset, Part 2: Less vs. Lighter
June 06, 6:38pm

Re: Under my neoair
Get the XTherm instead of the XLite. It's warmer, has the 70D bottom (much more durable--similar to the Prolite), and cost and weight even out over a more complex system with a 1/8" CCF p...

In GEAR » Neoair Question
June 05, 7:18pm

Re: BD Alpine Carbon Cork
Dan, I don't think you'd have any problems with it. The Traverse upper is 16mm in diameter, the same as the CP2 poles. The Kork O' Lon stuff is pretty stretchy. I used Gorilla Glue...

In GEAR » BD Alpine Carbon Cork 2012 vs 2013
June 01, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Hey you from that out-of-control-thread move over here and plan a trip
David, Jasper's on my list. And it's only a few hours from here----

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hey you from that out-of-control-thread move over here and plan a trip
May 31, 9:11pm

Re: BD pole mods
I put a pot of boiling water on and then held them in for 2-3 minutes. They twisted right off after that. Originally, I planned to do something like the pole you put together last summer with s...

May 31, 8:50pm

Re: Leki length; Anyone try the Leki flick locks? Bueller? Bueller?
The Leki Speedlocks weigh about twice what the BD Flicklocks do (the 2012 versions at least). The Leki locks come in at about an ounce per lock, where as the BD locks are more like half an ounce (...

May 30, 11:02pm

Re: Re: Price Reduced! ULA Conduit w/hipbelt pockets
The side pockets were changed as well, I believe. Still an excellent pack at a fantastic price.

In Gear Swap » For Sale or trade: ULA Conduit w/hipbelt pockets
May 20, 9:20pm

re: Sea to Summit
Avoid Noseeum. It gets a little difficult to breath in and out of with high exertion. I have the Sea-to-Summit net, and I think it weighs something like 0.8 oz. I'm really happy with it, e...

In GEAR » head net
May 19, 4:41pm

Re: NeoAir Xlite Hack
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=73403&skip_to_post=625778#625778

In Make Your Own Gear » NeoAir Xlite Hack
May 19, 3:48pm

Re: The holy grail of sleeping pads: NeoAir Xtherm or Exped Synmat UL?
The fabric on the Exped is actually significantly thinner (though, that still may not translate to serious durability issues). It is a 20D fabric, while the XTherm has 30D on the top and 70D on th...

In GEAR » The holy grail of sleeping pads: NeoAir Xtherm or Exped Synmat UL?
May 19, 3:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.