BPL Community Profile

Fred eric (Fre49) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale France, vallée de la Loire
About Me Fred eric has not added a biography yet.
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Fred eric

Showing 191 - 200 of 393 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...40

Forum » Thread

test
test

In User Test Forum » test
June 09, 2:48am

shock cord
On our previous shelter ( MSR twinsisters ) i added linelocs . But my new shelter ( paratipi ) has up to 14 stake loops so instead i used 3" pieces of shock cord. I made some loop with each...

In GEAR » Duomid guylines
June 09, 2:43am

Child sleeping quilt /cover.
In 2 weeks ill have a 4 years old son :) I am taking a 2 months leave so plenty of time for myog projects :) With the delivery time to France if i buy from Thruhiker its time to order the mater...

In GEAR » Child sleeping quilt /cover.
June 08, 7:48am

this looks like as light as nanoseeum and cheaper
http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Textiles/Mosquito-net/Mosquito-Net-Polyamid-155-mesh-qcm-25g-sqm-ultralight::1014.html what the difference ?

In GEAR » Nanoseeum vs. Noseeum
June 07, 10:06pm

myog nanoseeum inner
i sewed it for mosquito protection in Greenland, it has been tested against Scotland midges too. we must have slept about 50 nights in it, only damage was 2 small holes made by mices !!! but ...

In GEAR » Nanoseeum vs. Noseeum
June 07, 9:29am

sea to summit ultra sil
My wife and i have used one for day hikes. 1- the weight is 73g not 68g, i brought it to 68 by replacing the metal part of the zip by some cord and cuting the pouch in wich the bag is stowed. ...

In GEAR » Sea To Summit - UltraSil Daypack
June 06, 1:19am

catalyst
Yes you would load way more in a ULA catalyst main compartment than in a jam2. My wife usual pack is a talon 44. But one year ago we wanted to be able to pack 2 weeks of food + her winter down ...

In GEAR » ULA Catalyst
May 31, 10:43am

condensation
well i dont know why but a 100% mesh inner does a lot to mitigate condensation. i am a big fan of single skin without floor shelter with my wife we use mostly either a kifaru paratipi or an msr t...

In GEAR » Scarp solid inner?
May 26, 6:59am

liner / cover
I was pro liner and my wife pro cover. Our last year trip to Scotland made me change my mind a bit ( but i am still using a liner...) We had rain 24/24 during a week, Her ULA catalyst + U...

In GEAR » Pack liner vs. Pack cover
May 25, 9:35am

Re: Re: WM1 (Mike's, Not Mark's, Not Marc's)
well my WM1 is surely the ugliest one. i found the factory neck sheath heavy for a light knife, so i molded one in my oven from a plastic piece i cut from my wife previous kitchen wastebin :) p...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
May 21, 6:55am

All Reader Reviews by Fred eric

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
After a few overnight with this pack ( he was too big , but i wanted to try it asap, planning for 2013 TGO ), i just did my first one week snowshoeing hike with it. - first as i have complained on ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 03, 3:09am

Black Rock Gear Hadron
I ordered an XL Hadron, because the previous blackrock hat i had was a slightly tight fit in L. Evan questionned me by mail to check if i really needed an XL. I ended with a slightly larger than nor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
September 15, 12:30pm

MLD Trailstar
After some week end uses ill give it a 5 as a 2 adults plus 4 year old son shelter. With a ground cloth and stakes i am at about 550+150+100= 800g for 2 1/2 people. I like the simplicity , no ve...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 04, 8:03am

Backcountrygear.com
I wanted some dry bags for packrafting and to try shipito I bought 2 POE pneumo ltw 50l the last model with rounded bottom They sent me the 2009 model with square bottom that was on sale on their w...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 13, 12:52am

PHD minimus down socks
sizing is strange, my wife feet are 5/38 so i ordered Small in fact i can use them and my feets are 10 /44. The loft is impressing, but due to the construction you have a lot below the feet and b...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 01, 6:18am

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
i usualy use a ziploc for my money, visa card and id card while hiking this time when i left for 3 weeks in Greenland i decided to use the small aloksak that was given me with some other purchase o...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 09, 2:16pm

Thru-Hiker.com
Had after thought and sent a mail to change order. 30 min after it i recieved answer and refund so i could redo order : Hello Frederic- No problem at all with regards to the order changes. I&#...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 10, 2:01pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
DR in the snow! Its a great lightweight 2 persons tent. First i like the headroom and 2 larges entries . My wife and i...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 9:36am

Garmin eTrex Legend
I bought one and only use it for snow hiking out of trails. Otherwise as i cannot hike close to my home, i dont hike often in the same place, so i wouldnt buy a 100€ map for only 5-6 days of use. ...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
December 11, 11:40pm