BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 191 - 200 of 4983 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...499

Forum » Thread

Tent Tech
Yes I too see a blur between say a Notch/Strato Spire with (or without...) the inner (fabric or mesh) and the shaped tarp or pyramid that so many use an inner (extra weight and cost) with... Mic...

In GEAR » Tent Tech
April 23, 4:12pm

Emberlit Fire Ant Stove - lightest stove in the world?
At 2.8 oz it is the same weight as the 2012 QiWiz Fire Fly.

In GEAR » Emberlit Fire Ant Stove - lightest stove in the world?
April 22, 7:02pm

Tent Tech
OK Larry, consider it done. Update on the Double Moment. Henry was up all night making one so that he can have it ready for Show and Tell at Long Acronym (ADZPCKO) Be there !!!!

In GEAR » Tent Tech
April 22, 5:29pm

Tent Tech
The design has changed a bit since the original. As it is now it is better protected than some.

In GEAR » Tent Tech
April 21, 8:20pm

Tent Tech
A Double Moment ? and why not.... Rainbow dripless* entry * conditions apply . With the Rainbows (as an exception to the rule) the dripless entry is obtained with the Rain Curtain in plac...

In GEAR » Tent Tech
April 21, 5:41pm

Can anyone please explain why my esbit isn't melting my alum. stove (1400°F vs. 1200°) ??
e is questioning why the inverted aluminum can bottom, which he uses to hold the Esbit tablet, doesn't melt I am guessing that the ground is cooling the stove (heat sink)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Can anyone please explain why my esbit isn't melting my alum. stove (1400°F vs. 1200°) ??
April 19, 4:32pm

weight of a knot
The Alpine Butterfly is a UL knot

In Philosophy & Technique » weight of a knot
April 18, 6:51pm

Golite SL5 custon inner feedback wanted
have no idea why the netting would need to be so much heavier than the fly itself The inner has about 90 sq feet (floor plus "bathtub" sides) of 70 denier 190t Nylon Taffeta fabric. ...

In GEAR » Golite SL5 custon inner feedback wanted
April 18, 6:26pm

The down in an Exped down mat UL7
Just when I thought only cats are weird... One of the cats that visits me either sits on my lap and purrs or runs away when he sees me.. at random. ( he was trying to milk me this morning) Anywa...

In GEAR » The down in an Exped down mat UL7
April 18, 5:44pm

Yes, you can break a Lexan spoon
One of mine, the sort of translucent type, broke a few years ago. I have used the long handle Ti version for some time and that works for me. A copuple of trips ago I left it at home by mistake (...

In GEAR » Yes, you can break a Lexan spoon
April 18, 5:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm