BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 191 - 200 of 4788 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...479

Forum » Thread

Negative weight camp pillow
"What is the wind speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" What ? African or European swallow?

In GEAR » Negative weight camp pillow
December 12, 1:37pm

Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them
I don't get this. Have you tested that idea in practice ?

In GEAR » Avoid losing your tent stakes by permanently attaching your guy lines to them...
December 12, 1:27pm

Interest in a down vest
I'm interested..

In GEAR » Interest in a down vest
December 10, 11:45pm

Interesting things you would do with your lottery winnings
Miss Universe always tells everyone how she is keen on world peace. Once elected she just wants a lucrative movie contract.

In Chaff » Interesting things you would do with your lottery winnings
December 10, 6:37pm

Best Practice: Trekking pole maintenance
Same as Wolf and Ito. Aluminium poles will oxidise if not cleaned and dried after use. So yes take them apart, wipe them down and let them dry out. If stuck yes you can use WD40 but make sure yo...

In GEAR » Best Practice: Trekking pole maintenance
December 09, 11:46pm

Best sleep socks?
Just my opinion but hiking I like my socks to be a bit tight so they don't move about or bunch up, sleeping I like them loose so they don't restrict blood flow. I also would not wear dirt...

In GEAR » Best sleep socks?
December 09, 12:45am

New tent decision
Price and weight is for the standard set up, same as the first photo I posted. The extra X pole is for the "freestanding" option, $15, 6oz.

In GEAR » New tent decision
December 08, 1:50pm

Do you believe me or your eyes?
I saw this posted at DPReview. Of course I believed my eyes yet I do know that we see what we want to see (there is a lof of evidence right here of that, the way some look at photos of gear...) S...

In Chaff » Do you believe me or your eyes?
December 08, 12:49pm

New tent decision
Like a lot of tents the Zeus has inward sloping walls so whilst the floor itself maybe 85" long that is not your usable space. This is a photo I took sometime ago to illustrate the point. ...

In GEAR » New tent decision
December 08, 12:39pm

Do you believe me or your eyes?
Square A and B are exactly the same level (light value)of grey. In other words if you swap the two squares the image will still look the same. (not a play on words,just an optical illusion)

In Chaff » Do you believe me or your eyes?
December 07, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm