BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 191 - 200 of 366 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

_
Whether you feel the Nao is worthwhile for your outdoors profile or not, I am glad to see the effort they're making. Because it means in a year or two, some of that functionality will trickle ...

In GEAR » New Petzl Nao Headlamp
January 19, 5:53pm

_
Great writeup that offers juicy "insider" info to those of us not so closely connected to the industry, plus insightful personal knowledge (i.e. I didn't know about the unique 900 fil...

In Editor's Roundtable » Prospects for 2012: New and Noteworthy Gear
January 18, 10:44am

fit?
I'm interested to hear what you guys think of the cut/fit of this jacket. I realize most of the cost is due to the fabric's expense, but at that price point I would expect some fairly arti...

In GEAR » ZPacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket
January 16, 7:03pm

_
Great point Eric. That photo encapsulates why this article's language is irritating. In other news, Joaquin Guzman has denounced the horrible illegal drug trade in North America. From the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 1:41pm

_
"Sub 2 lb 3400 cubed pack..." Aw jeez, not those gram-counting spreadsheet fetishists again! :)

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 1:18pm

a common thread
As I read this review's preface, I thought I had seen the same tone before. I did some googling and sure enough, the same snark was used the last time a framed pack was promoted by BPL: &qu...

January 11, 12:41pm

_
"You took the bait..." That occurred to me too. I don't know which is worse: purposefully using inflammatory language to generate responses, or a genuinely snarky attitude towards...

January 11, 12:13pm

_
The tone of the preface sure sounds snarky. The passive-aggressive slant detracts from the article's objectivity.

January 11, 10:57am

_
Mark, is this quilt the Slim, Regular, or Wide taper?

In Gear Swap » FS: 20 degree quilt
January 11, 9:07am

_
Additionally, even in winter there are high exertion times when all I need is a thin baselayer and a breathable shell like the Houdini. A thicker "base" layer like Cap 3 or Cap 4 would j...

In GEAR » Winter baselayer
January 10, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.