BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 191 - 200 of 341 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...35

Forum » Thread

HTML newsletter, please!
For a short while I've been getting the BPL newsletter. Can you please make it in an HTML format? The current version simply sucks (sorry). I understand the some people still have a slow dai...

In Community Support Forum » HTML newsletter, please!
March 01, 2:09am

Re: Heineken pot
>>Can anyone help me with #3?<< Orikaso? Eins

In GEAR » The absolutely lightest kitchen?
February 28, 8:57am

Re: Re: the venerable SAK
>>I had to smile thinking of a altimeter in the Netherlands<< LOL. Hey when you live at two (maybe three I'm not sure) meters below sea level it's good to know how far I have...

In GEAR » Ultralight knives and multi tools?
February 28, 8:54am

Re: Ultralight knives and multi tools?
I invest a 100 grams into my Victorinox Altimeter. This isn't based on any weight decisions. I bought my first Victorinox when I was 12. It was the Huntsman model that has all the basic fun...

In GEAR » Ultralight knives and multi tools?
February 28, 3:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: re:heated hyration system
Well if I would be racing than there definitely wouldn't be time for tea breaks. A platypus does however hold warm liquids. I wonder if an insulated bladder will give as good a performance a...

In GEAR » Heated hydration systems
February 27, 8:11am

Re: Esbit Fuel - The Gross Black Residue?
Double post due to slow BPL server

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Esbit Fuel - The Gross Black Residue?
February 27, 4:55am

Tripple post due to slow BPL server

That's just the thing with Esbit. There will be black goo on the bottom of your pot, but black absorbs more heat so I shouldn't worry about it too much. Besides it washes off easily. Eins

Re: SUCCES!!!
I've been experimenting in my kitchen this week to see if i can get a boil using either alcohol (85% ethyl-alcohol with some addative so no one will drink it) or Esbit tabs. I bought a fresh...

In GEAR » Esbit tabs. How much do yours weigh?
February 27, 3:33am

Re: Re: re:heated hyration system
Alec, >>I like simplicity<< I'm not an experienced winter backpacker but had the same problem with freezing up of my tube. You already know what to do. You say you like to kee...

In GEAR » Heated hydration systems
February 27, 3:05am

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.