BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 191 - 200 of 858 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Carbon fiber poles at Costco
San Diego CostCos have big boxes of these, right now. Screaming deal for poles this light, and with cork handles.

In Gear Deals » Carbon fiber poles at Costco
February 20, 1:24pm

Re: Why gray?
Yeah, the ho-hum grey silnylon in my Copper Spur isn't "bad", but it's the one part of the tent I had to get most used-to when I had to hunker down in a daylight storm. From the...

In GEAR » Why gray? A completely superfluous question about silnylon shelters.
February 19, 3:19pm

Alps Zephyr 3
We're using the Alps Mountaineering Zephyr 3 as our troop tents and this 5.5lb tent is "backpackable": it splits into three roughly equal components and will fit three Scouts. It...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » tents for scouts
February 19, 3:03pm

Cannonballsy
I hadn't read that commentary before (in fact, I've read very little of Ray Jardine), but I love the metaphor and the message even if I have to "spit a few seeds" (borrowing from ...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 19, 7:04am

Re: Re: All good :)
"There IS in fact, an ultimate kit. The one that makes you happy." --T-Funk, 2013 But what if the only thing that makes me happy is knowing my kit is lighter than your kit?

In Philosophy & Technique » King of Denial
February 15, 11:28am

Re: Re: Alpine Aire
Welll...I haven't tried AlpineAire in years because it used to be the "worst of 'em", largely due to the use of hip ingredients like whole wheat pasta that had a strong, nasty fla...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Alpine Aire?
February 13, 7:14am

Well Rounded
I'm fine with the cyclindrical design. My BearVault(s) fit transversely across the top of my pack just fine, putting the weight high and forward where I want it. My frame prevents contact bet...

In GEAR » Bear cannister shape
February 12, 10:18pm

Strap and Cr@p
Awesome, and HILARIOUS !!! I had folks come by my office to see the cause of my guffaw...and we LOVE the part where she's leaning back off the tree, about 10 feet off trail in open country, ...

In GEAR » Strap and Cr@p
February 08, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Source for UL Precription Sunglasses or Lenses
I carry spare contacts and a set of specs. My specs are just my daily/nightly set, but if you go to CostCo, they sell light frames and lenses at great prices. They do prescription sunglasses all ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Source for UL Precription Sunglasses or Lenses
February 07, 5:49pm

I guess Jim Watt, Jr. wasn't available
It is certainly a bit different. Will it mean notably different policies?

In On the Web » Obama nominates REI exec as Sec of Interior
February 07, 5:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.