BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 191 - 200 of 271 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Icebreaker Tech T Lite 29.99 @ Steep and Cheap
Richter print. I have one of these in the Rocket color and love it. Great deal on some awesome merino. Hurry, this one will sell out fast.

In Gear Deals » Icebreaker Tech T Lite 29.99 @ Steep and Cheap
October 07, 9:45am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 - $150 at Steep and Cheap
Great deal on a well-regarded 1 person tent. It's on for the next 20 mins @ S&C. Will likely pop up again in the rotation if you miss it.

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 - $150 at Steep and Cheap
October 07, 9:26am

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 - $200 @ Steep and Cheap
As in title, S&C has the UL2 for $200, if you miss it, keep a close eye on the site for the next day or so, it will probably pop up again.

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 - $200 @ Steep and Cheap
October 05, 2:00pm

Re: FS: Snow Peak LiteMax Stove -- Lightly Used -- $35
I've been looking for one of these - I'll take it. Paypal okay? Edit: Ouch, Mark beat me by a good 40 seconds. If possible, I'd like to call first dibs if sale to Mark falls throug...

In Gear Swap » FS: Snow Peak LiteMax Stove -- Lightly Used -- $35
September 30, 12:03pm

Re: Anything good at Sierra Trading Post?
+1 smartwool. Also recommend checking out the various Icebreaker baselayers as well. Other considerations: Outdoor Research Echo Duo T - about as light as a T-shirt gets, wicks moisture we...

In Gear Deals » Anything good at Sierra Trading Post?
September 20, 4:22pm

Icebreaker Hopper T, Tech T print - Men's Small only - $30.09 + shipping
If I wore a M's Small I'd be all over these merino tops. I actually already have examples of both - each is an excellent for backpacking 200g/m2 weight wool top (yes, the Tech T, too - it&...

In Gear Deals » Rab Momentum eVent Shell for $153.99 @ EMS
September 14, 9:52am

html link test
http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3781495&lmdn=Fabric&cp=3893527.11021492.12079232.11948927.11948932

In User Test Forum » html link test
September 14, 9:49am

Email listserve
BTW - If you sign up for their mailing list, Icebreaker will email you a 20% off code that stacks with the sale. Or it least it did for me during the last sale a few weeks ago. Cheers, Joe

In Gear Deals » 30% off at Icebreaker website
September 13, 2:15pm

BPL Store maybe?
Methinks Greg may have been referring to the recently closed BPL online store. When active it carried many of the items you are now looking for. But yeah, it's been closed for a while now, si...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Stakes, Bear bagging kit, lots of stuff
September 12, 7:52pm

Spork, stakes
Hi Evan, I have a new in packaging Backcountry.com Titanium Spork (16g?) and several old/used but decent condition and relatively lightweight aluminium hook stakes - not sure about how many of the...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Stakes, Bear bagging kit, lots of stuff
September 12, 2:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm