Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 191 - 200 of 3173 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...318

Forum » Thread

Pockets? You don't need no stinkin' pockets!
>"Pockets?" I'll go out on a limb and guess those zippers on each side indicate two pockets. Watching their video indicates pretty long zippers. But the review was prett...

In GEAR » I'm ashamed of you, BPL'ers
May 05, 5:16pm

Re: Phone photos
March 2012, Red Rock Canyon outside of Las Vegas, rock climbing and scrambling with my daughter.

In Photography » The Great Cellphone Camera Challenge!
May 03, 11:07pm

Re: what's the deal with upf shirts?
As a Celt, I've got very sun-sensitive skin. I've gotten second-degree sunburns (blisters, plasma oozing through the skin for days afterwards) at elevation before there were good, moderate...

In GEAR » what's the deal with upf shirts?
May 03, 7:09pm

Re: DIY multi-use
We've got some thin to very thin plastic cutting boards around the house. They would make a reasonable chess board, if you used a laundry marker to draw a chess board on one side. If your pac...

In GEAR » Chess in the Backcountry
May 03, 1:54pm

Re: Boxers that also work as shorts
These aren't wool, but they are wicking, dry faster and are cheaper. They call them boxers but they fit snugy. Usually I don't like that, but these work for me: Google "Jockey 2-p...

In Multiple Use Gear » Boxers that also work as shorts
May 03, 1:42pm

Re: from boots to trail runners: will I get stuff in my shoes?
I fiddled around with running shoes in the 1970's and preferred them to the over-the-ankle full-leather hiking boots of the day, but once Nike came out with the Lava Dome (the first low-cut, pu...

In GEAR » from boots to trail runners: will I get stuff in my shoes?
May 01, 11:49pm

Re: Why are you flying into LA?
I typically get lower prices into LAX than SMF, FAT or SFO when traveling over his lovely country on my way to Low-Cal. But that then forces me to watch my arrival and departure times carefully to...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
May 01, 12:08pm

Re: My 11 lb gear list for $207 total
Aleaxander: Here's what I posted on youtube. Most of which is redundant to BPL members who have already drunk the UL Kool-aid: Great video and nice introduction to UL backpacking and how i...

In Gear Lists » My 11 lb gear list for $207 total
May 01, 11:59am

Re: Sharing the failures as well :) HH machine
I like your use of the manufactured dry box as a fabric holder. Does it use pressurized air or water to test the fabric? Does your test give the max pressure held with no leakage? Or are you...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sharing the failures as well :) HH machine
May 01, 11:24am

Re: Re: Re: Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - Late August
>"I tentatively will be going August 24-Sept 4. How will that change conditions with bugs?" It might. Around my area in Kenai, by mid September, we've often gotten our first tw...

In Gear Lists » Gates of the Artic National Park Alaska - August
April 30, 10:32pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.