BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 191 - 200 of 2291 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...230

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
>"Nutritionists rebut that Americans waste $1 Trillion a year on doctors!" Patient: "Nutritionist, my right lower leg seem to have suffered a double fracture - I can see the br...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 07, 6:21pm

Alaskan applications
I wouldn't have to put my hand so close to the grizzly scat on the trail to determine: 1) is it still warm? 2) is it still steaming?

In On the Web » Thermal camera for iPhone
January 07, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Best ABC watch for off trail travels
>"When a storm is coming in and you suddenly seem to rise by 500 feet, that can be a problem." Quite true, it can be a hurdle to navigation. An approaching low pressure system whic...

In GEAR » Best ABC watch for off trail travels
January 07, 3:23pm

Re: Big cat is back :)
Very nice pics of the cat, Kat. The ability to monitor remote locations at very low cost is pretty amazing. It opens up all sorts of research possibilities. I mean, beyond the usual Big Brothe...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
January 06, 7:14pm

Re: Rickets
>"I knew a kid who had rickets." There is a macro-biotic intentional community up here that had cases of rickets when they started 20-odd years ago. >"Whole foods seem to...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 06, 6:17pm

Back to basics.
I just use the same technique as generations of Arctic Natives have: The satellite dishes point south. The other way is north.

In Philosophy & Technique » Amusing but questionable direction-finding technique
January 06, 6:11pm

Re: Re: External pack frame flexibility.
>"culminating in the "D" series packs with wings to support the hip belt." Popularly called, "torture tabs".

In GEAR » External pack frame flexibility.
January 06, 3:31pm

103 posts which could be summarized in one sentence:
With age, everything* gets bigger, hairier, and closer to the ground. *(below your scalp)

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
January 06, 3:28pm

Half a binocular
I got a Minox 8x16 monocular off of STP at a great price and for the first time, found a monocular that was worth carrying. Nothing like Swarovski EL 10x42 Binoculars (or even a decent set of comp...

In GEAR » UL binoculars
January 03, 12:48pm

Re: Re: MYOG frustrations
I've decided the pointy bits and sharp knife on my Swiss Army Classic are too dangerous. So:

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG frustrations
January 02, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.