BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 191 - 200 of 274 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Equinox bivy
Payment sent via US Mail

In Gear Swap » FS: ALOT of WM, GoLite, Stephensons
November 07, 11:02pm

Equinox bivy
Hey Jonathan, I haven't heard back from you - have emailed twice. I'm still interested in the Equinox bivy, would like to take it off your hands. Let me know what the next step is, thanks.

November 05, 3:31pm

Equinox bivy
Interested in the Equinox bivy. Email sent - thanks.

November 02, 3:47pm

3-legged chair
Hey Mark, I always carry a 3-legged chair that I bought several years ago at Costco. It's similar to the Roll-a-Stool chair you mentioned, and just a few ounces heavier at exactly 1 pound. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinventing... the chair
September 28, 9:07pm

Silnylon stake bags
I believe Joe at Z-packs makes silnylon or cuben bags in small sizes that may work well for stakes.

In GEAR » Silnylon Stake bags?
September 18, 11:24pm

Another vote for Sprint Aquatics
I've used the Sprint Aquatics for a couple of years now, and they work very well for stream crossings here in the Cascades, for washups, and for walking around camp if I want to get out of my b...

In GEAR » Camp shoes - slip-on, substantial, light
August 23, 10:44pm

GPS for occasional users
Earlier this month I confidently turned onto a faint trail that I was SURE had to be the loop connector trail I was looking for. There was no signage (other junctions had been lacking signage too),...

In GEAR » GPS for occasional users
August 20, 3:59pm

Rubber tip for Goat Poles
Sara, The REI-brand rubber tips (REI Trek Pole Walk Tips) work great on my TI Goat poles. They are smaller and much lighter than the Leki-brand rubber tips, and so do not affect the weight or sw...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rubber Tips for Trekking Poles
August 03, 3:33pm

An SPF rating for those shirts?
I looked at a couple of sites that carry these 3.2 oz nylon shirts and none mention if the shirt provides any UV protection. Has anyone here drilled a little deeper to find more specifications on t...

In GEAR » 3.2 oz. $7 shirt
July 20, 11:31pm

Rolled foam in a frameless pack
May I ask why some here worry about making a cylinder with foam, and then packing your stuff inside it? I have a MLD Ark, and it works just fine with my sleeping pad folded up as a back panel (only...

In GEAR » Frameless packs and rolled foam
July 15, 5:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am