Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 191 - 200 of 284 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Still interested
Robert - sorry to intrude on this thread, but I have been trying to reach you regarding the Gossamer Gear Fire-fly stove set you wanted to purchase from me about 2 weeks ago. If you are still inter...

In Gear Swap » Summerlite FS
December 18, 10:04am

Fire-fly stove set
Hi Robert, Welcome back from your trip. Let me know if you are still interested in the Gossamer Gear Fire-fly stove set. I've sent you a PM too - thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: GG, MLD, BPL, and other good stuff
December 17, 8:46pm

Collapse idea downside
If the canister can collapse in response to food consumption, then I see a potential problem in being able to use the canister as a camp chair. Goodbye dual-use!

In GEAR » Carbon Fiber Bear Canister
December 17, 8:43pm

Cookpot
+1 on the MSR Titan Kettle. I like heating a little more water than necessary so I have some left over for cleanup.

In GEAR » What size of cooking pot do you use?
December 16, 11:34am

M65 pant liners
I purchased a couple pairs of the M65 pant liners and plan to tailor them a bit (they run rather big) and add full length zippers on each side for easy-on, easy-off. Too busy now to get that projec...

In GEAR » Insulated pants for winter use
December 15, 4:10pm

MLD pack pocket and UL bear bag
These items shipped out today via USPS.

December 10, 4:27pm

FlexAir pillows and MSR Trekker pillowcase
Those items shipped out today - thanks guys!

December 04, 9:18pm

FS: GG, MLD, BPL, and other good stuff
Sales pending on the MLD hipbelt pocket, the GG Firefly stove, the BPL FlexAir pillows, the UL bearbag set, and even the MSR pot grabber. Wow. All in about 4 hours!

December 02, 9:12pm

FS: GG, MLD, BPL, and other good stuff
Great stocking stuffers for the UL hiker on your Christmas list. SOLD! Mountain Laurel Designs Ark/Exodus/Prophet hipbelt pocket, (current) grey Dyneema X style, medium size. Condition: new, ne...

December 02, 4:32pm

Garmin Foretrex 301 at 25% off with free shipping
Until November 30th REI has the new Garmin Foretrex 301 on sale for $149.99 ($50 off). Free shipping to your home or work address too.

In Gear Deals » Garmin Foretrex 301 at 25% off with free shipping
November 25, 4:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am