BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 191 - 200 of 257 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Frameless pack
Jessie- I picked up an MLD Ark earlier this year as my last major stage of gear reduction (dropping about 20 lbs overall in the process). The Ark is my first frameless pack too, replacing a Gran...

In GEAR » What frameless backpack to buy??
April 03, 10:53pm

NeoAir and 66-inch size
I happen to like the idea of a 66-inch length. I am 6-2 and have used a 72-inch POE, and a couple of 60-inch BA's. I use a Thermarest foam pillow and like to place it on top of my pack or any c...

In GEAR » neoair + backpack as sleeping pad
March 04, 5:24pm

Cheapo Bivy
Nathan, I was thinking of doing much the same thing - polycro floor and nylon or tyvek top. All I really want a bivy for is extra protection from cold wind (in my Contrail), and this thread has ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cheapo No-Sewing Required Bivy Solution
February 26, 7:19pm

Bivy pattern
Joe, Mateuze did respond, but with an offer to make one for me. His goal looks to become a UL equipment provider in Europe, so I guess he's holding on to his bivy pattern. It was a nice desi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Pattern
February 18, 5:08pm

WM Caribou
Jason, Last summer I was cool-to-not-quite-cold in my WM Caribou, during a trip to about 7,000ft here in Washington, on a night when other campers in the area said their water bottles had ice in...

In GEAR » WM caribou , is it enough
February 08, 9:53pm

Little Dandy Stove
I built one of these a couple of years ago (using sheets of galvanized flashing) and while it worked OK it had poor draft and it was difficult to keep the fire going. I planned on making a version ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Nimblewill Nomad Little Dandy Stove
February 02, 9:02pm

Sublite Tyvek feedback
Henry, if you're still looking for input on the Tyvek version, I would like to see the front window/vent be enlarged to match the size found in the Silnylon version. That way you can have views...

In GEAR » Sublite features - request for feedback
January 27, 3:35pm

MB jacket thermal testing
Richard, Because my company only builds Newton manikins to order, the testing window I have is the brief time between system completion and shipping. At the moment I have a Newton that is waitin...

In GEAR » MontBell Ex Light: UL Madness?
January 27, 12:27pm

Ex Light thermal testing
Dana, Thermal manikin connections are almost always via the eyes because there is no interference (from clothing) at that spot. Some customers have had us put the cable connection point at the h...

January 26, 9:44pm

MontBell Ex Light thermal testing
Richard, Do you have access to a thermal manikin and environmental chamber for testing the Ex Light? I'm curious what equipment you plan to use. For those readers who wonder how manufact...

January 26, 12:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am