BPL Community Profile

Chris Gray (ChrisFol) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Denver, Coloado
About Me Chris Gray has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA.
My PDF Gear ListThree-season Colorado, Sub 9Lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Gray

Showing 191 - 200 of 347 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Needles Range, CO 4 day list
The San Juans may still have some snow on the higher elevations in June-- so I would try to find more information about the ground conditions closer to the date and be prepared for that possibilty....

In Gear Lists » Needles Range, CO 4 day list
May 13, 11:59am

Nice list.
Great list, there is not much that can simply just be left at home; good job. Some take it or leave it comments: -Do you need the running tights? Could you not wear the rain pants if you get co...

In Gear Lists » Colorado summer gear list
May 12, 9:38am

Re: Water purification
A use a combination of MicroPur tablets and the AquaMira Frontier Pro Filer. There are lots of posts on this system that explain it in much better detail than I can, but the short of it is simple: ...

In Gear Lists » Clothing, Colorado Trail in July.
May 11, 10:07am

Re: finish
I had one pair of dress socks for sleeping/spare and then my regular hiking socks. I would wear my hiking socks all day, change into my dress socks at camp, wash the other socks every other nig...

May 10, 1:14am

RE: CT
How long do you expect to be on the trail? SB on the CT in July the temps are going to be rather favourable until you get west of Copper Mountain and you drop into Leadville. Up until this point...

May 10, 12:20am

RE:
Roger: -I just do not see the point in carrying both a pack liner *and* waterproof stuff-sacks. The packliner should be completely waterproof once the end is folded down and a rubber band is use...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Midwest 3 Season
May 09, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Water Treatment
Chris, if you are concerned with quantites etc then just take some MicroPur-- yes it is more expensive than household bleech, but that is a tradeoff only you can decide. 30L worth of MicroPur we...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
May 09, 12:18am

RE
-Do you need to carry two bandanas? Nix one -Do you need to carry a flashlight? -Do you need to carry a lighter? You could put the latter two in your pack, I dislike carrying items in my pants...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Midwest 3 Season
May 08, 10:10pm

Re: Denatured alcohol in small portions
Hmm-- repackage it? I use HEET-- but I don't carry the yellow bottle with me.

In GEAR » Denatured alcohol in small portions
May 07, 11:08pm

Re: Backpacker Going Lightweight
-There are lighter packs out there, unfortunately I have no experience with the Flash or Jam packs and thus cannot comment. FWIW, I use Gossamer Gear's G4, weighs in at 16.5oz, designed to ...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
May 07, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Gray

Chris Gray has posted no reviews.