BPL Community Profile

Chris Lucas (ChemE) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SC
About Me Chris Lucas has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbia
StateSC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSUL 3-Season Full Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Lucas

Showing 191 - 200 of 256 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

I'll Snap It All!
I'm quite happy to smash, snap, poke, prod, pull, and bend anything we can think might be interesting. The tensometer is only too happy to punish the poor unsuspecting samples and the tests th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Meet My Tensometer!
July 21, 4:46pm

Cuben Fiber Data
I've pulled the data on the lightest fabrics from the specification sheet, massaged it slightly, and placed in a more aesthetically pleasing format. Cuben Fiber Data Point of curiousity...

July 21, 3:09am

Sample Submission
Okay well let me just do this for sample submission. Neither my employer nor the address of my employer is a secret so we might as well route all samples there. Anyone who cares to contribute fab...

July 21, 2:13am

OFF TOPIC: PM's not working
{Off_Topic} Ok, I searched the support forums and can't find an answer: I've tried both my personal and professional email addresses but the BPL site thinks they're bogus and won't...

July 20, 8:23pm

Most Common
Lawson, I agree that it appears to be the most common but I wonder if it is massive overkill for a great many projects. It seems to be that more wasteful but smarter cuts of 0.33 or 0.45 that s...

July 20, 8:04pm

Ahem...
Ok, I've been super busy at work and totally beat when I get back to the hotel at night so I've held off commenting until tonight in hopes that this might go away... @Roger: for sure I w...

July 20, 7:56pm

Thanks for the Feedback
I appreciate your feedback since you've actually built these things and I'm just spit balling. I'm always looking for grams to shave. While I realize many would consider this item opt...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight sandals...?
July 19, 6:44pm

Zipper Weights
Okay, I've done a fair bit of searching here (search engine isn't the best, so perhaps I'm just missing it) and the internets and I can't come up with definitive zipper weights. Am...

In Make Your Own Gear » Zipper Weights
July 18, 10:01pm

Cool Project!
I'll be trying my own pair soon. I'm planning on using my Surefoot insert as a template. I found what would appear to be a lighter and more resilient foam compared to the parts you list (...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight sandals...?
July 18, 9:47pm

Peel Adhesion
So I tested a 6" peel adhesion sample this morning and the 2911 is very poor in peel adhesion. The maximum force I recorded was 1 pound force which to me is totally unacceptable. Peel Adhe...

July 18, 7:41am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Lucas

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
So Santa brought me a men's small for Christmas. The fit for me is perfect. I'm 5'6" 130 pounds and typically wear a 14.5 32-33 dress shirt. I have full range of motion in this siz...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 25, 3:16pm

Patagonia Capilene 1 T-Shirt
Men's Size small: 114 grams Dries completely in a few hours and is very soft and comfortable. Of course, since it is synthetic it stinks to high heaven after two days of light use.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
June 12, 9:39am