BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 191 - 200 of 2098 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...210

Forum » Thread

What?
I'm curious what you replaced it with after putting all that effort into it.

In Gear Swap » FS: Fully blung Megalight
February 25, 9:59pm

Might want to wait a bit on that pack
Unless you're sure you want the Osprey 58 specifically I'd wait a bit and try the new pack just released by Six Moons Designs (Fusion). Similar weight but looks like a better pack to me.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Fly Creek UL1; Sub 2lb down bag; Osprey Exos 58
February 25, 6:40pm

Frame
What is the frame height? I know the torso length is adjustable but how tall is the actual frame?

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 25, 4:39pm

Frame Question
How tall is the frame on both backs? If I were to try one I'd be right between a Flight 40 and Fusion 55 in terms of size. A deciding factor might be how tall it was.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
February 25, 3:54pm

Packs
I think the Burn is too small to fit a cannister inside. What some people do is strap it to the outside. Doesn't sound great to me, I'd probably just us the Gregory for that. The Prophet...

In GEAR » Gear Upgrades - Quilt, Shelter & Pack
February 24, 3:03pm

Cost vs. Benefit
I think you should consider how often you'll go solo and how often you'll go as a family. Pack - Before you buy a SUL pack are you sure your Jam can handle a bear canister and heavy ...

In GEAR » Gear Upgrades - Quilt, Shelter & Pack
February 24, 8:37am

Packs, Pockets and Stuff
Well if your Porter fits they could us the HMG Windrunner. Basically the same pack but with pockets. Another pack I really, really, like is the Exped Lighting. I got the 60 liter version to te...

In GEAR » Pack recommendation for the ladies in my life
February 23, 9:22pm

False Alarms?
Sounds like an interesting idea. I think the trick would be a setup that is sensitive enough that a bear would trip it but not so sensitive that a breeze or a bird perching on the line would set i...

In GEAR » Quick and dirty bear perimeter alarm
February 21, 9:43pm

Its Happening
Well here is the final design Looks like we'll be going with VX42 for the body, Dyneema X for the collar and red cordura for the hipbelt and lumbar area. I'm not using 3D mesh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Us Design the Ultimate UltraLight Pack
February 20, 10:59pm

Re Um
Sorry size Large, that's what happens when you post tired.

In Gear Swap » F.S Customized HMG Porter3400
February 20, 6:01am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.