BPL Community Profile

Brett . (Brett1234) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale CA
About Me Brett . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list 10'C

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett .

Showing 191 - 200 of 1437 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...144

Forum » Thread

Off days & Thru's
You are worried that God would think negatively on you for hiking through his creation on Sundays? I think he is more upset about the loggers and strip miners destroying things 7 days a week. I say...

In Philosophy & Technique » Off days & Thru's
October 16, 7:27am

Off days & Thru's
You are worried that God would think negatively on you for hiking through his creation on Sundays? I think he is more upset about the loggers and strip miners destroying things 7 days a week. I say...

In Philosophy & Technique » Off days & Thru's
October 16, 7:25am

Why was I cold? The legs
Simon, I can not be sure about your situation of course, but I learned the hard way that you need to insulate all areas of the body, preferably starting with an equalized base layer of say.. wool 2...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why was I cold?
October 16, 7:21am

Best solo and dual lightweight Ti cookware
EJ, I found 600ml to be too small for my solo kit as I usually make ramen or other large reyhdrated meals, so my Snowpeak Trek 900 is my solo kit, and the Trek 1400 is my dual kit. I use my small...

In GEAR » Best solo and dual lightweight Ti cookware and light stoves (gas and alcohol)
October 14, 7:37pm

Queston for Ye Titanium Mug/Pot Users
Ben, I get white calcified deposits on my nonstick aluminum pots as well; different water source of course but I think it is mineral based.

In GEAR » Queston for Ye Titanium Mug/Pot Users
October 14, 7:26pm

2007 Alpkit Carbonlite Trekking Poles REVIEW
Sorry to hijack this thread but maybe I can spare some of you some headaches; I also spent a lot of time fussing and researching twist-lock poles. Recently I switched to Flick-lock Black Diamonds a...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Alpkit Carbonlite Trekking Poles REVIEW
October 10, 11:00pm

Decent synthetic jacket ... price vs. weight
Eric, echoing what the others said, scour google.com and never pay retail. I got a thermawrap for 90 and a DAS parka for 150 doing this. Here's a tip; set a google search to what you want, the...

In GEAR » Decent synthetic jacket ... price vs. weight
October 10, 10:56pm

Looking for a Down Jacket
Steven, (and any other BPL member) I would love to ship you one, and get some more points on my MB account.. but maybe you should grab one from the link above. Waiting for the Japanese version woul...

In GEAR » Looking for a Down Jacket
October 10, 9:18am

Looking for a Down Jacket
Ben, I second the vote for the Montbell UL down inner parka. The hood should add a few degrees of warmth over the UL down inner jacket..? Its still not available here in Japan! http://www.e-om...

In GEAR » Looking for a Down Jacket
October 10, 6:39am

Axe length vs weight savings
Just to follow up; after an epic last summer(!) I will never go into the permanent snowpack alpine environment without an axe again. For belay/anchor purposes I think I'll cut my 210 down to 60...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Axe length vs weight savings
October 10, 6:31am

All Reader Reviews by Brett .

Showing 1 - 10 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

5.11 gear Tactical nylon pants
These pants weigh in at 720grams, that's a pound and a half, folks. I bought them as winter hiking pants because I do not need the convertable feature of my other pants in winter, but I found thes...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 05, 10:00pm

Petzl Tikka XP
In preparation for a night hike I wanted to buy a new headlamp. Technology has come a long way since my old Zipka Plus.. (and I couldn't find it!) After a few hours of research including

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
September 04, 11:58pm

Cilogear Schoolbag
I got my second Cilogear last week, what Graham calls the "Schoolbag". Here in BPL land it makes for a very nice day-hiking pack and I bet many BPL members could fit a weekend kit into its 3...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 04, 3:30am

tiny BIC lighter (the cute one)
I carry various types of fire making gear for my own educational and practice purposes, but I always have one of these 11 gram bics taped to my keychain or in my pot set. They won't flame when soa...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 06, 10:53pm

SnowClaw Backcountry Shovel Racer Backcountry Shovel
My snow claw is one of the more recent models. I used it on one winter trip for bivy prep; I can move snow at a higher rate than with a shovel due to the low inertia of the blade; I dug into a 45'...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
August 05, 11:44pm

Montbell Versalite rain pants
Just bought these today and tested them in a thunderstorm tonight. My usual test sequence is based on recommendations from one of our members. 1. The sitting test applies about 10,000mm head; 2. kneel...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 30, 9:25am

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
This device reliably makes sparks as advertised; even when wet. But so will an 11 gram mini-bic. So I carry the bic. Also, the tiny spark-maker from a Spark-lite is also a fraction of this item'...

In Cookware - Other
July 30, 9:07am

Petzl Zipka
If I only kept one light out of my selection; I would keep this one. Additionally, if someone requested my advice on one light to buy, this would be it. It is my default flashlight for any situation. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
July 30, 8:55am

Montbell U.L. 90 Sleeping Pad U.L. 90
I own the 120cm version, but aside from the dimensions and weight, it is identical. This pad is not remarkable on its own, but as part of the Montbell sleep system, it is. The toggles mate with the...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 19, 2:04am

Sealskinz gloves
Sealskinz absorb water like a big fat sponge, and weighing them on my scale, they did indeed double in weight when wet. Totally unaceptable, and uncomfortable. Returned to REI.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 09, 9:32pm