BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 191 - 200 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Coleman Xtreme Stove Review
Roger, it is getting very hard to find this stove in the states anymore. REI doesn't list it on its site, and I rarely see it in the other outdoor stores where I live (Sacramento, CA.) There ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Coleman Xtreme Stove REVIEW
June 27, 1:47pm

Merino Wool
Since we are on the subject, I have a question about a new Smartwool microweight short sleeve t I just bought from www.prolitegear.com (another great company from Bozeman, by the way.) What is the...

In GEAR » Merino Wool L/S Zip
June 13, 9:49am

Advice On Trail Runners For Narrow Feet
The Montrails do run narrow because I have a normal D width foot as measured on the Brannock device, but normal width Montrails feel too narrow for me. In fact I used to avoid Montrails as being t...

In GEAR » Advice on trailrunners for narrow feet
June 03, 9:41pm

Msr Titan Tea Kettle vs Evernew Ultralight Titanium Pot 0.9L
I don't think you could go wrong with either pot as both are considered standards of the backpacking world. You might also want to consider the Evernew Titanium Tea Kettle (REI #630151,) which...

In GEAR » MSR Titan Tea Kettle vs. Evernew Ultralight Titanium Pot 0.9 L
May 31, 2:12pm

Trail Shoes
In acting timing is everthing, in trail shoes, fit is everything. The 872 is a great trail shoe--but only if it fits your type of foot. In the past I've made the mistake of buying Montrail sh...

In GEAR » Trail Shoes - NB872/873 the way to go?
May 06, 11:56am

UK Gear PT-03 SC
Correction on the above post. Go to Zappos.com and search for "UK Gear" only, if you include the PT-03 SC, the site gets confused for some reason.

In GEAR » UK Gear PT-03 SC
April 25, 1:10pm

UK Gear PT-03 SC
I ran across this 12 oz. shoe in Zappos.com and wondered if anybody is familiar with it. It appears to be well suited to hiking with all mesh upper, impressively large toe bumper, and rand complet...

In GEAR » UK Gear PT-03 SC
April 25, 12:55pm

New Balance 872 Trail Runner
Just wanted to mention that the NB 872 that Will likes is on close-out at Holabird Sports (Google it) for 64.95 plus $4.95 shipping. This is a good deal because the list for this shoe is $90+ chan...

In Gear Deals » New Balance 872 Trail Runner
April 23, 10:56am

Ultralight knives and Multitools
Three that I have and like: 1. Gerber Ultralight LST lockblade,(knife only) .6oz, about $19 American, made in Portland Oregon. 2. Gerber LST II lockblade, (knife only) 1.5oz, bought one yes...

In GEAR » Ultralight knives and multi tools?
February 28, 11:44am

travel
try http://travelstore.ricksteves.com/ Not a backpacker, but he has had a travel show on PBS for the last ten years here on the west coast. Seems to know what he is talking about regarding trav...

In GEAR » Lightweight backpacking meets lightweight vacationing...
December 20, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.