Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Arapiles . (Arapiles) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Arapiles . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Arapiles .

Showing 191 - 200 of 775 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...78

Forum » Thread

Re: Reactor radiation level at Fukushima-Daiichi
They are actually venting radioactive steam.

In Chaff » Japan Earthquake
March 11, 3:42pm

Re: Japan Earthquake
Miguel responded to the Christchurch thread - he is OK.

In Chaff » Japan Earthquake
March 11, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Sendai earthquake
I just checked Facebook - Miguel was posting a couple of hours after the quake but sounded pretty shaken (no pun intended). The possibility of an earthquake like that is the main reason why we m...

In Chaff » Christchurch earthquake
March 11, 5:42am

Re: Getting rid of boots for trail runners????
Gore-Tex is a marketing gimmick in ANY shoes. On the other hand, lots of people reckon that Gore-Tex socks work well. Try Euro brands - they're often very slim fitting.

In GEAR » Getting rid of boots for trail runners????
March 11, 5:29am

Re: Sendai earthquake
Miguel works in Tokyo so he should be fine - but he may have been affected by the temporary closure of the subways. Some of the subways are now operating (I have NHK on satellite). My wife'...

In Chaff » Christchurch earthquake
March 11, 5:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wizard of Oz
"I don't understand it though. The big banks were almost bankrupt one day, then a couple years later they're super profitable again. Something fishy there..." Two points to con...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 10, 3:16am

Re: boots
"And I don't see much of a difference between trail shoes and my running shoes." Trail shoes have faster, more rugged colours. (Agree re your point - I typically wore my stand...

In GEAR » Europeans here - what brands for shoes/packs?
March 07, 4:12pm

Re: little snarky, DW?
"for almost any other piece of gear, posters are happy to debate things on their merits and suggest gear based on an asker's stated preference and needs. But for footwear, should a person ...

In GEAR » In need of help, BOOT SHOPPING
March 07, 4:07pm

Re: OMM
OMM Cypher Smock eVent 240 g http://www.theomm.com/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=2 Montane Spektr Smock eVent 210 g http:...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight alpine rainjacket
March 07, 5:08am

Re: Re: In need of help, BOOT SHOPPING
"Another situation is in snake season...I'm sure a lot of you don't have to worry about that, but it is a comfort (although not perfect protection) at some times of the year." ...

In GEAR » In need of help, BOOT SHOPPING
March 07, 4:59am

All Reader Reviews by Arapiles .

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
I bought this light from Battery Junction for a ridiculously cheap price, at least when compared to what retailers charge for headlights in Australia. Because CR 123 batteries are so extraordinarlily...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 31, 6:16pm

Montbell Versalite
I tried this pack on in the store when they first came out in Japan last year. I love the look and features but like a lot of the Mont Bell packs I found the straps rubbed on my neck/shoulder muscles...

In Backpacks - External Frame
May 02, 3:11pm

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
(Actually I'd give it a 3.5 if that was an option.) I'm trying to replace a now very old Patagonia pneumatic anorak but the Houdini doesn't quite get there. Positives: it's very ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
April 05, 2:09pm