Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 191 - 200 of 1355 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...136

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
I'm 5'8" and just use a regular size down bag in winter. I often put 1 bottle of water and my trail runners or boot liners in the bag with me, although usually near my stomach, thighs ...

In GEAR » Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
August 03, 9:05pm

Re: Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
For the deadman anchors, I like to use 2 foot lengths of cord with bowline loops on each end. Toss a stick or long rock anchor on top of the cord before burying. After burying, clips both ends to t...

In Winter Hiking » Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
August 01, 8:27am

Re: Sleeping Bag
Get a WM or FF along with a hammock so that you won't have to sleep on the couch! :) Big Agnes bags don't have insulation on the bottom. I like my 600 fp Marmot Never Summer 0F. It...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
July 30, 7:53am

Re: Okay, so here is the new scenario.....(family and solo backpacking)..what's the perfect set-up?
Assuming you can pitch it in a sheltered location, a Tarptent Hogback would be a great solution. We use one for our family of 6 (along with a Scarp 2). The Hogback would probably fit all 6 of us if...

In GEAR » Okay, so here is the new scenario.....(family and solo backpacking)..what's the perfect set-up?
July 29, 10:22am

Re: Need suggestions for Ohio / Pennsylvania / Central NY
I'm in Ohio. I've backpacked some in PA, hiked in the Adirondacks, and backpacked many times in Ohio and West Virginia. Out of those options, I'd definitely choose the Adirondacks or th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need suggestions for Ohio / Pennsylvania / Central NY
July 21, 12:31pm

Re: gimme shelter
8x10 silnylon tarp with mesh inner... adjust tarp as needed for sitting room or weather.

In GEAR » gimme shelter
July 21, 12:14pm

Re: My UL Summer Gear List 2 days
Looks good. I personally wouldn't pack any clothing other than the windshirt and sleeping socks.

In Gear Lists » My UL Summer Gear List 2 days
July 18, 12:42am

Re: So many tents!!!!!! (and Hi! I am new here)
Have you considered getting your son a hammock and setting up a dual hang under the same large tarp? I swing (ha ha) back and forth between using a hammock and a tent, and I'm thinking abou...

In GEAR » So many tents!!!!!! (and Hi! I am new here)
July 11, 11:17am

Re: 43 Miles on the Black Forest Trail
I enjoyed the report and the photos! I hope to do a trip here sometime. Any issues with bugs while sleeping?

In Post-Trip Reports » 43 Miles on the Black Forest Trail
July 08, 10:49am

Paracord purpose
"yes, but actual survival? I can think of a few things more important than paracord. As a matter of fact, it's one of the things I tend to leave behind on my trips. I rarely even bring cor...

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 22, 11:47am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.