Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 191 - 200 of 305 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

re: polycryo tent w/floor and netting...
Good posting. This is an interesting project. His thread is here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=46983&skip_to_post=400685#...

In Make Your Own Gear » ~8oz. 'Polycro' Tarptent w/ floor and bugnetting, $45, 2hrs.
May 01, 10:53am

re: 800 fill for sale
I'd also like some; 6oz, please.

In Make Your Own Gear » 800 fill power down for sale. $5.50/oz OBO
April 29, 11:06pm

re: REI kettle
I have one and like it. I got it and a SP Gigapower to replace a GSI Soloist and MSR Pocket Rocket setup - saved a few ounces and by using a small SP canister, I've gained packing space.

In GEAR » "new" REI Tea Kettle
April 29, 8:37am

re: 2 day cheap gear
The Wally tent is good in a pinch, great for good weather and the nieces to play with in the backyard when they visit... In my opinion, it's not totally worthless (but). Its little rain fly wo...

In GEAR » 2 Day CHEAP Backpacking Gear
April 28, 11:20pm

re: 15 degree bag for three seasons in the PNW
I toss and turn, but when I finally settle in, I'm often close to a fetal position (feels good on the knees) or on my stomach in the double four position as it was described above. This made sl...

In GEAR » 15 degree bag for 3-three season in the PNW?
April 28, 1:20pm

re: waterproof paper for journal
Right, BM. Hence my comment, "I'll let you decide on the ethics of that if they are willing." Even if it isn't officially mail fraud, it's not far removed from taking condime...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
April 28, 12:45pm

re: slippery pole
It's common for folks to put down seam sealer on slippery floors to keep their mats from sliding - could you simply apply some of this, or something similar, on top of the pole's handle (or...

In GEAR » trekking pole handle too slippery to set up tent
April 28, 11:32am

re: Patagucci Nano Puff - thanks
Thanks, Chris. "Gecko" green isn't so bad! Free Shipping with $50+ orders... We'll find out how they do.

In Gear Deals » Paty Nano Puff for $89 if you're a S or M and don't mind bright green
April 28, 7:45am

re: journaling on the trail
Light and cheap? Can you keep it simple with a simple notebook and quart/gallon sized ziplock? Chances are, if it's going to rain anyway, you're already packing waterproofing for the sensit...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want a source for waterproof paper for journal
April 28, 7:32am

re: HST Late July
Good questions, James... I'm 6 days behind you.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Sierra Trail Late July
April 27, 10:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.