BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 191 - 200 of 365 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Minimum Air Temps on JMT in Late Sept
30's for sure most nights and I would be prepared for 20's or possible high teens if a front blows through. -H

In GEAR » Minimum Air Temps on JMT in Late Sept
June 05, 7:04pm

Re: Tents
>Still, it would be difficult for me to buy a 86" length tent without laying in one first. I guess a way around this would be to find an 86"L tent of a major brand at a local store, la...

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations
June 03, 9:28pm

Re: Tent Recommendations
>Wow - the weight of an MSR Hubba with the space of a Hubba Hubba. Actually, I think people will find the Scarp 2 noticeably roomier than the Hubba Hubba and substantially roomier than the ...

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations
June 03, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Storing the TT Scarp
>You are saying the Scarp will take more snow load than the Akto. I'm saying it'll have to if the snow can't slide off the Scarp like it does off the Akto. The roof angle is sligh...

In GEAR » Storing the TT Scarp
May 20, 11:23am

Re: Storing the TT Scarp
"looks like" isn't the same as "copy of", "clone of", "rip off of" etc. etc. Yes, from a distance it bears resemblance because of the transverse arch. ...

In GEAR » Storing the TT Scarp
May 19, 12:40pm

Re: TarpTent Scarp 2 update
Updated photos posted on the Scarp 2 page showing both the pole attachments and solid inner. We will be shipping before the end of May. -H

In GEAR » TarpTent Scarp 2 update
May 06, 8:39am

Re: Scarp 1
> Is there any chance that you will add a mesh inner tent to the Scarp 1 like you have with the Scarp 2? Yes, that's coming but we need to find a production slot for it. "Summer&qu...

In GEAR » Lightest 2 Person 3 Season Double Wall Tent Alternatives to Evolution 2P?
April 18, 8:33am

Re: tents, etc
> I am getting the Scarp 2 and hoping it will be wide enough for her. The Copper Spur 2 is much narrower at the bottom of the tent. The Scarp 2 floor is a full 52" x 86"-- no narro...

In GEAR » Lightest 2 Person 3 Season Double Wall Tent Alternatives to Evolution 2P?
April 17, 5:59pm

Re: TT Scarp 1 for 2
> Obviously an emergency set up but doable. That's the "+" part of sleeps "1+". The floor is 32" wide with 5" bathtub--42" wide fabric. If you unclip ...

In GEAR » TT Scarp 1 for 2
April 04, 4:07pm

Re: Help packing up my Tarptent
Here's the procedure we use to ship it. The goal is to fold the tent body so that it assumes the same width as the top strut and then roll everything up around the strut. 1) Lay the tent out...

In GEAR » Help packing up my Tarptent
April 03, 12:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm