Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 191 - 200 of 11754 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re: Ostrander
"Based on this, I think I should probably attempt with only strong hikers and under good weather conditions." Sometimes it is difficult to forecast the weather when you need to make an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ostrander Ski Hut snowshoe trip
November 18, 12:27am

Re: Re: Non-trekking pole PCT hikers: do you think trekking poles are actually justified in the Sierra?
"I can usually find a suitable stick when crossing water, but often have the same problem as Bob G." There will be sticks at the stream crossing, but they will all be on the opposite s...

In GEAR » Non-trekking pole PCT hikers: do you think trekking poles are actually justified in the Sierra?
November 17, 8:30pm

Re: Anyone use a 9.7 ounce Aluminum Spray Bottle as a Cup?
"Much better and stronger than any aluminum can." Not really. I have used a number of aluminum cans with this form factor. They are super narrow and this is no good for trying to get a...

In GEAR » Anyone use a 9.7 ounce Aluminum Spray Bottle as a Cup?
November 17, 8:26pm

Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
"Don't be so engineer-y." No fun in that. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Electrolyte needs and real food
November 17, 3:42pm

Re: One pole
If I know that there is some major stream crossing, I carry one aluminum pole to use. If I think that there are no major stream crossings, then I carry none. If I am surprised by a stream crossing,...

In GEAR » Non-trekking pole PCT hikers: do you think trekking poles are actually justified in the Sierra?
November 17, 3:19pm

Re: snowshoe from Badger Pass ?
I've seen people who skied out a mile to Summit Meadow, then turned north and skied a mile to camp. I've camped near Bridalveil Campground and in Westfall Meadow. --B.G.--

November 17, 10:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ostrander Ski Hut snowshoe trip
I had sort of the opposite situation. I had made hut reservations far in advance. We signed out with the rangers at Badger Pass, and we were on the ski trail by 9 a.m. We got to the hut around 3 p...

November 17, 1:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ostrander Ski Hut snowshoe trip
"What kind of idiot gives up and sits in the snow in the middle of winter at night?" 1. Beginners who are in way over their heads. 2. Beginner skiers who don't have climbing skins...

November 17, 12:58am

Re: Re: Ostrander Ski Hut snowshoe trip
Years ago, we were heading up to Ostrander, and I got my whole group of skiers there by 3 p.m. After an hour, we were all sitting around drinking hot tea as the shadows were getting longer on the s...

November 17, 12:25am

Re: Re: REI Membership
Just think. Someday there will be somebody here claiming that their REI membership is the best one-time-only $200 that they've ever spent. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » 20% off REI coupon code is here
November 17, 12:13am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.