BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 191 - 200 of 10338 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...1034

Forum » Thread

Re: Energizer 3xAA lithium results
Each Energizer lithium AA cell has an open circuit voltage of about 1.7V. So, three in series will get you about 5.1V, and that is also what I measured on mine. The trick with lithium primary cells...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
March 26, 10:52pm

Re: How to start mountaineering?
You might state what you mean by mountaineering. Different people have different meanings. I don't know where you will be a student, but many large schools have outdoor clubs. Participate th...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » How to start mountaineering?
March 26, 10:43pm

Re: paint application?
I'm not brushing or spraying any paint. It takes good paint to stick to titanium rod, so you should first rough up the metal surface, then dip it in some kind of white epoxy paint. Once that...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Ultralight Tent Stakes
March 26, 4:18pm

Re: Re: carbon steel
I've seen too many cheap knife blades rust, so I made a knife out of a small strip of titanium foil folded over. All I really needed was something to open a food package, or maybe something to ...

In GEAR » folding, all-purpose knife?
March 26, 4:05pm

Re: Shot full of holes
Delmar, your chart doesn't make good sense, because there is no continuous scale along the bottom axis. A bar chart would have been better. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Welding Blanket Under Alcohol Stove for Winter Conditions
March 26, 4:00pm

Re: painting red
I think you want to paint them any color that contrasts with the color of the ground in the area where you operate. That is likely to be red or blue, and it is unlikely to be tan or green. I'...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Ultralight Tent Stakes
March 26, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Adding tools
The good thing about a P-38 or P-51 that makes it better than a SAK is that you can use the short edge as a broad screwdriver to open some models of bear canisters. In other words, you don't ha...

In GEAR » folding, all-purpose knife?
March 26, 3:25pm

Re: Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
Back in the 1970s, I was inexperienced in the mountains. Even though I purchased a good down sleeping bag, I didn't understand really how to get the most out of it. As a result, for one trip th...

In GEAR » Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
March 26, 12:02pm

Re: WTB - cuben tarp and supermid
The terms "cheap" and "cuben" are mutually exclusive. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB - cuben tarp and supermid
March 26, 12:12am

Re: Re: Suntactics sCharger-5
If you try to hang your solar panel on the back of your backpack while you move along the trail, then I hope you are aiming it at the sun. The altitude elevation is how high the sun is in the sky, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Suntactics mounting tips needed
March 25, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.