Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 191 - 200 of 12445 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...1245

Forum » Thread

Re: thxz
"i can fill a tinny dropper bottle up" It might take more than a tiny dropper bottle if you will be out very long. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Bleach for water treatment question
March 03, 3:13pm

Re: Re: an old Primus stove question for stovies
"Wood (like paper in books) is good to 451F." Yes, somebody ought to write a book about that. The hard plastic part that I ordered is rated to 400 degrees F. Maybe wood is good to 4...

In GEAR » an old Primus stove question for stovies
March 03, 2:52pm

Re: Re: an old Primus stove question for stovies
I don't have any similar Chinese camp stoves, and that knob might not fit mine. I can buy a whole new Primus for about $20-25, but that seems silly for just the knob. I suppose that nobody sell...

March 03, 12:58am

Re: an old Primus stove question for stovies
I ordered a similar one from McMaster-Carr. It won't be perfect since it is for a larger shaft and has a set screw. It is plastic good for 400 degrees F. That is semi-OK, but not impressive. ...

March 02, 11:01pm

Re: WTB: UL Pack for the JMT
You might have better luck if you know approximately what volume of pack you are looking for, like 40, 50, or 60 liters. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: UL Pack for the JMT
March 02, 7:32pm

an old Primus stove question for stovies
I have an old basecamp stove that burns butane, and it is a Primus Trail Classic. I have managed to drop the control knob somewhere. It appears that the knob pushes onto a control shaft that is aro...

March 02, 6:34pm

Re: Bleach for water treatment question
Lots of backpackers have used bleach as their sole water treatment, and they do that since they know that chlorine is used as treatment in lots of municipal water supplies. The difference is tha...

In GEAR » Bleach for water treatment question
March 02, 1:32pm

Re: Post Support
"almost its original volume" Qualifiers like that worry me. --B.G.--

In GEAR » OK to leave down compressed for a long time?
February 27, 1:52pm

Re: Overnight on the Tuxachanie Trail, MS
"Anybody know what kind of snake this is?" I don't know what it is, but we can rule some out. The head does not look like a rattlesnake. The body does not look like a coral snake. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Overnight on the Tuxachanie Trail, MS
February 27, 1:50pm

Re: Compressed down
I think that vacuum treatment was done to remove the air out of the down sleeping bag before it was sealed for shipment. Otherwise, if the air was left in it, the bubble might burst from a pressure...

In GEAR » OK to leave down compressed for a long time?
February 27, 12:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.