Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 191 - 200 of 12281 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...1229

Forum » Thread

Re: Scrambling Boot recommendation needed
Simple. Ask the instructor or the class organization. If they are putting out general requirements that are not clear, then ask for a specific recommendation. --B.G.--

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Scrambling Boot recommendation needed
February 09, 12:39am

Re: Re: Gasoline and a cat stove
"I think you have been incredibly lucky." Wait a second. Check first to see if Brett still has his eyebrows. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Beeter than a cat stove?
February 08, 9:31pm

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there
"I imagine it would be a very trivial patch the forums codebase to have rm link to my profile." There have been many seemingly trivial fixes over the years, and they proved to be admin...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
"Thank you Bob." Once a Silicon Valley geek, always a Silicon Valley geek. --B.G.--

February 08, 9:23pm

Re: Re anonymous posters, you there.
Ken, there are some ASCII characters that the computer sees, but they won't display or print. --B.G.--

February 08, 8:15pm

Re: First test results
About 40 years ago, it used to be that goose down was a byproduct of the goose meat industry. The countries that ate a lot of goose meat were the countries that sold the most goose down. (it makes ...

In GEAR » Eiderdown
February 08, 7:47pm

Re: Luci inflatable, solar lantern.
I have a Luci, as well. I think it is a good product, so I bought several and distributed them as Christmas presents. I've used mine on backpacking trips, and I can't find any fault with th...

In GEAR » Luci inflatable, solar lantern.
February 08, 5:17pm

Re: Stoves and Weather Clarification
You can operate a basic canister stove down to 32 degrees, although you need to do a few things right. First, you want to buy butane blend fuel canisters. These are typically 80% butane and 20% pro...

In GEAR » Stoves and Weather Clarification
February 08, 5:11pm

Re: anonymous posters
"But the mods do nothing when reported." You assume that they are paying attention. --B.G.--

February 08, 7:58am

Re: Popping Corn as alternative
What the backpacking community needs is a good Esbit-fueled popcorn popper. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 07, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.