BPL Community Profile

Dave T (DaveT) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Dave T hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dave T has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave T

Showing 1891 - 1900 of 1941 | Page: 1 ...176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195

Forum » Thread

ground sheets, etc.
I definitely plan on Tarptent for rainy weather... I experienced plenty in my Squall 1 on the PCT in 2004, and was able to keep nice and dry. A poncho-tarp and bivy would have been MUCH less fun (a...

In GEAR » How to Sleep in a Bivy w/o Dying?
December 10, 5:04pm

tarp and bivy.
hi tony. looks like we are in the same boat. i have always used a Contrail (or Squall 1) in the past, but just purchased a used MLD bivy (just silnylon/nylon dwr top) and have a MLD poncho/tarp ...

In GEAR » How to Sleep in a Bivy w/o Dying?
December 10, 3:46pm

top 4.
well, i'll go with top 4... (all popular choices) 1. tarptent contrail - a great replacement for my well-used and well-loved squall 1. 24.5 ounces of mosquito and rain protection, and plenty...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 10, 12:11pm

tt.
hi there. i used a tarptent squall 1 on my thru-hike in 2004 and i could not have been happier with it. the extra space was great in general, and particulary when camping in wet weather (i.e. lo...

In GEAR » Which Tarp is the schiznizzle?
December 09, 5:14pm

knee pain.
i'd echo other suggestions to focus on the knee pain and what the cause of that is. trekking poles can alleviate some of that, especially on downhills, but getting to the bottom of it is the be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing…
November 30, 12:49am

thanks.
just wanted to give y'all a big thanks for all your helpful info on bivy condensation... cheers!

In GEAR » soggy bivy nights?
November 30, 12:41am

stop line
yep, i'm sure that means don't extend past the stop line and then try to tighten and use them. there's probably not enough overlap between the sections to keep from bending them with to...

In GEAR » Are my C3 Duolock komperdell poles broken?
November 30, 12:40am

snowpeak.
Thanks Rod... that's a definite possibility. A good deal for three items, though I would never use a frying pan / lid. But with a aluminum foil lid, those two bowl-shaped pots might be nice... ...

In GEAR » SuperCat stove users?
November 29, 5:22pm

Evernew cookware on sale at REI
Seems like all the Evernew titanium cookware at REI is on sale: For example, the quintessential 0.9L nonstick titanium pot is $35 instead of $50. Not sure when this sale ends...

In Gear Deals » Evernew cookware on sale at REI
November 29, 2:43pm

evernew teakettle.
http://www.rei.com/product/630151?vcat=REI_SEARCH The Evernew tea kettle is a possibility, since it's wide and short. It's 0.8L so it's not a whole lot smaller than my Evernew 0.9L a...

In GEAR » SuperCat stove users?
November 29, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave T

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Squall

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 09, 5:22pm

Tarptent Contrail

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 09, 5:18pm