BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1881 - 1890 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ...211

Forum » Thread

Panorama shot
Heres a panoram from Second Peak toward the end of the day. I finally figured out how to upload these things.

In Post-Trip Reports » Grayson Highlands SUL Attempt
June 16, 12:24pm

Grayson Highlands SUL Attempt
I got hurt recently and it sounds like I won't be backpacking much for a while. In the meantime I think I'll post pictures from some of my older trips. This is from my first attempt at ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grayson Highlands SUL Attempt
June 16, 1:57am

REI is helping
Judging from the people I see in Colorado and VA this article is pretty good. If these folks applied whats in the article they would be way better off. You can go light with whats available at ...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 3:04pm

Synthetic?
I haven't done a NOLS trip but I would be thinking about condensation more than anything. Assuming you are on a long trip in other people's shelters you may not know how your bag will perf...

In GEAR » pushing a quilt....
June 15, 11:42am

Cameras
I suspect people with way more knowledge than me will be jumping in soon but heres my 2 cents. I used two Nikon Coolpix Cameras with AA batteries, I think they were the L12 and L15. I am now usin...

In GEAR » camera for panorama and batt. life
June 13, 5:19pm

Wow
Wow I'm impressed Brian. Stripped down that pack is just a tad heavier than a lot of popular frameless packs but is more versital because you can put the frame back in for heavier loads. Baci...

In GEAR » Cutting up a REI Flash 50 backpack
June 13, 3:10pm

PVC
Daniel that PVC jacket looks a lot like what I was thinking about. Can you tell me anything about breathability?

In Make Your Own Gear » If you were to make a Cuben rain jacket...
June 10, 8:21pm

Hoodless?
I have thought about this idea myself although i would probably use 1.1 Nylon instead of cuban. I was thinking about big pit zips and no hood. Instead if a hood I would wear a WPB hat. I figure ...

In Make Your Own Gear » If you were to make a Cuben rain jacket...
June 10, 2:04pm

Nice
Nice report, glad you had fun. I liked the tips on making a trip fun for kids.

In Post-Trip Reports » Sunol Regional Wilderness - Overnight Quick Fix
June 05, 1:29pm

homemade stuff
hey tom. I got to CA because of a temporary job. I wouldn't want to come off like I was bragging too much about the gear, I'm no Ron Bell for sure. The tarp was just 3 yards if 1.1 nylon...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snow Mountain Trip Report.
June 05, 12:38am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.