Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1871 - 1880 of 2137 | Page: 1 ...179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ...214

Forum » Thread

Thoughts on shoes
I like your creations! I've been thinking about this myself for a while. What I would like to do is create a leather/synthetic "upper" thats sort of like a moccison. Than I'd g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shoes
October 28, 8:46pm

Pit zips?
Very impressive. I'm cursious if anyone out there has experience with a non-breathable jacket with pit zips? How would it compare to a breathable jacket without pit zips for examlpe?

In Make Your Own Gear » World's Lightest Rainjacket/VBL
October 19, 10:47pm

Re Re Gila Wilderness in October or November
Thanks a lot for all the info Eugene. Actually it was that trip report of yours that got me interested in the Gila in the first place. I assumed the river crossings wouldn't be too big a prob...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
October 03, 10:39pm

Gila Wilderness in October or November
It looks like I'll be able to get four or five days off the last week of October and/or the first week or two of November. I was considering the Gila Wilderness area. If anyone is interested i...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
October 03, 4:43pm

Impressive
Dave that looks awesome. I've made my share of packs and my first try wasn't nearly that impressive. I like the contoured shoulder straps and neat construction. Lets check back in a coup...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Prettylight pack: Success
September 26, 10:51pm

Good Idea
Kane, I like your idea. When you think about it thats basically what you do with a pocket knife when you're carving wood. Same idea basically. Another idea. I noticed that the newer fires...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using a firesteel
September 11, 4:00pm

Wimenuche Trip
This past summer I broke my wrist and was out of commission for the most part. But my brother Daniel was going climbing in Colorado so I couldn't resist. I met him there and we decided to head...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wimenuce Trip
September 09, 4:18pm

Weather Question
Since you guys are on the subject mind if I chime in with my own question? What will the weather be like in those areas in November? I know what to expect up in Colorado. Is NM significantly dif...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » new mexico in late sept: best place(s) to backpack?
September 07, 4:02pm

Little Brother's Pack
My younger brother got an internal frame pack when he was 9 and loved it. The only problem again was that it was heavy but it worked well. We tried a frameless daypack stiffened with a sleeping p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kid's Backpack
September 04, 3:32pm

Lost Creek
There are a couple of nice loop hikes in the Lost Creek Wilderness. Don't try to go off trail in the eastern half of that area though. Until you've seen it you won't believe how hard ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Colorado Cross-Country Travel Routes?
August 30, 8:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.