BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1871 - 1880 of 2074 | Page: 1 ...179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ...208

Forum » Thread

Other ideas
Thanks for the ideas Bob, couple more questions 1. Are bugs a problem yet (i.e. should I use a tarp tent or simple tarp)? 2. I had read that most bear and wolf sitings were in the Northeast area...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone Trip
May 07, 7:03pm

Yellowstone Trip
My friend and I might be able to do a Yellowstone trip from May 16 to 19. My friend really wants to see the wolves and other wildlife. At this point we are looking at the Lamar Valley. Does anyon...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone Trip
May 07, 6:33pm

My 2 Cents
Keiran you may not be able to do a true wilderness backpacking trip but these are kids so just going a mile or two into the woods should be plenty exciting for them. At some point I was thinking...

In GEAR » Cub Scouts
May 04, 2:51pm

Tarp Tent?
I haven't been to Philmont but there are a couple of good articles about it here that mention tents. My understanding was they want you in a completely enclosed tent (no tarps and I wonder if ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Tent for Philmont
May 02, 4:31pm

Question
Aaron while you're thinking about it mind if I through in a question of my own. I'll be traveling through CO in early June and want to meet my brother for a nice long trip. Do you think t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6-7 days, Colorado Backpacking
April 08, 12:11am

Snow
Lost Creek has the advantage of low elevation if its snowing but I would guess you would be okay in RMNP or Indian Peaks for the most part. I'm a fan of Indian Peaks. My first backpack as a k...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Best Hikes Near Denver
April 06, 9:39am

Snow
I would expect snow on north slopes and shaded areas and less in sunny areas. I'd call the forest service and ask about conditions. If it was me I would go but bring snowshoes just in case. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Creek conditions
April 04, 9:46pm

MYOG 4.95 oz pack
Looks like a great pack. I might be interested if you make this for sale, although at this point I really shouldn't be buying a lot of stuff. I also like the idea of a detechable hipbelt and s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 4.95 oz pack
April 04, 11:49am

Whats Wrong with Cookies?
I was under the impression some Girl Scout Troops got out in the woods more. Even if they don't it might be a good place to make a few friends for her and maybe you could meet some like minded...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » UL Scouting for Girls
April 01, 6:49pm

Awesome
Congradulations!!! Wow 9 pounds is a big boy. He looks great!

In Chaff » Our new little hiker
March 28, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.