BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1871 - 1880 of 1993 | Page: 1 ...179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ...200

Forum » Thread

Crime
Just to throw some gas on the fire I saw an article in Foxnews (yes shock, I do look at that website among others) that mentioned a poll back in the 1950s showed a good majoirity of Americans were ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 17, 5:09pm

Yukon problem
The only idea I can think of to fix the Yukon problem would be something like "Artic 4000" but that might sound too much like "Artic 600" and besides to be technical a lot of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's in a name? Alaska 2010 finalists
December 16, 11:23pm

AK4K
Never mind I'm changing my mind. I like AK4K better too. I vote for that.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's in a name? Alaska 2010 finalists
December 16, 11:03pm

AREA and AWE
What happened to "The Great Anti-Social Death Wish" and "When Hell Freezes Over?" Along those lines I had thought of "Andy's Death March" and "The Great Race...

December 16, 10:59pm

Re. 37ish
Jeff just to let you know I tried a similar idea this spring. I slept in a unheated storage room with the window open. The next moring the measured tempurature in the room was still around 45 whi...

In GEAR » sleeping in only montbell UL down garments
December 16, 10:06pm

What doesn't make sense to me
I understand Golite marketing to a more mainstream crowd than Gossamer Gear for example. Here's what doesn't make sense to me about Golite. If I wanted to market "mainstream" lig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What happened to Golite?
December 16, 9:12pm

Good Idea
Good idea Doug although I have a tendancy to squeeze the most possible out of my UL gear. I took the UL60 down into the 30s once although that was pushing things. I'll have to get out sometim...

In GEAR » Question for Quilt Users
December 16, 8:57pm

Thanks Doug
Thanks Doug, I have used a quilt before (BPL UL60) but it was plenty roomy. I was hoping no one would tell me that a down quilt needs lots of extra room or it will compress from the inside etc. S...

December 16, 8:37pm

Golite
I don't think Golite can profitably market a lot of fringe gear succesfully. First most of the people I see in the woods would either trash it or not know how to use it properly. A lot of m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What happened to Golite?
December 16, 8:26pm

Thanks
Thanks for the input guys I think I'll keep it. Worst case scenerio I could probably get someone like Tim Marshall to add an extra baffle to the top or do it myself.

December 16, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.