Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1861 - 1870 of 2121 | Page: 1 ...178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ...213

Forum » Thread

Wimenuche Trip
This past summer I broke my wrist and was out of commission for the most part. But my brother Daniel was going climbing in Colorado so I couldn't resist. I met him there and we decided to head...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wimenuce Trip
September 09, 4:18pm

Weather Question
Since you guys are on the subject mind if I chime in with my own question? What will the weather be like in those areas in November? I know what to expect up in Colorado. Is NM significantly dif...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » new mexico in late sept: best place(s) to backpack?
September 07, 4:02pm

Little Brother's Pack
My younger brother got an internal frame pack when he was 9 and loved it. The only problem again was that it was heavy but it worked well. We tried a frameless daypack stiffened with a sleeping p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kid's Backpack
September 04, 3:32pm

Lost Creek
There are a couple of nice loop hikes in the Lost Creek Wilderness. Don't try to go off trail in the eastern half of that area though. Until you've seen it you won't believe how hard ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Colorado Cross-Country Travel Routes?
August 30, 8:14pm

Bear Spray in Wind
Someone way back mentioned bear spray is limited because you can't spray it into the wind. My understanding was that the spray was under enough pressure that it could be sprayed into the wind ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 31, 9:33pm

Re Re San Juans Weather
Thanks for the tip. With most of the CDT being high elevation this could be interesting - have to stay flexible I guess.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Juans Weather
July 16, 10:53am

San Juans Weather
My brother and I are heading into the San Juans (Wimenuche Wilderness) either tomorrow or the next day. I'm familiar with Colorado weather but I've never done much in the San Juans and kee...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Juans Weather
July 16, 7:53am

My approach
My approach in this situation is to go as light as a I can personally but take a pack that can handle some extra weight, than I carry as much or more in group gear as everyone else so they can keep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 4:11pm

Re refrigerate after opening
I had some the othe other day that did not say refrigerate after opening and it was fine over a two day hike. I had the same brand and it looked a bit funny after 4 days so I didn't eat it.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » refrigerate after opening.. summer sausage?
July 05, 6:01pm

Weight on Shoulders
I'm not sure if you are refering to the durabilty of the pack or your ability to carry it comfortably. 1. Comfort - If you're using a Ray Way pack with no hipbelt all the weight is go...

In GEAR » Suggested base weight for a Ray-Way pack?
July 03, 9:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.