BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1861 - 1870 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ...206

Forum » Thread

Snow
Lost Creek has the advantage of low elevation if its snowing but I would guess you would be okay in RMNP or Indian Peaks for the most part. I'm a fan of Indian Peaks. My first backpack as a k...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Best Hikes Near Denver
April 06, 9:39am

Snow
I would expect snow on north slopes and shaded areas and less in sunny areas. I'd call the forest service and ask about conditions. If it was me I would go but bring snowshoes just in case. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Creek conditions
April 04, 9:46pm

MYOG 4.95 oz pack
Looks like a great pack. I might be interested if you make this for sale, although at this point I really shouldn't be buying a lot of stuff. I also like the idea of a detechable hipbelt and s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 4.95 oz pack
April 04, 11:49am

Whats Wrong with Cookies?
I was under the impression some Girl Scout Troops got out in the woods more. Even if they don't it might be a good place to make a few friends for her and maybe you could meet some like minded...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » UL Scouting for Girls
April 01, 6:49pm

Awesome
Congradulations!!! Wow 9 pounds is a big boy. He looks great!

In Chaff » Our new little hiker
March 28, 4:02pm

Good for you
Juston good for you. Just remember if it ever gets difficult its probably not your fault or the boy's. Kids aren't supposed to lose their parents and when they do it will be hard on them,...

In Chaff » My Life is About to Change.
March 14, 1:12am

Transporting
For the first hop or two to airports heres an idea. I would assume the airport gets mail so maybe you could just arrange to mail it to them, might take a few phone calls but I assume its possible....

In GEAR » UL Grizzly Bear Repellent
March 07, 8:48pm

Equinox
I like my Equinox poncho/tarp so far its the only one I've used. If I recall it cost about $40. It weights about 10 oz.

In GEAR » Poncho/ Tarp
March 06, 3:37pm

Aggresiveness
Someone counted up how many people have been killed by bears in Alaska in the last 100 years. Ajusting for population differences Grizzlies came out more likely to kill you than polar bears and if...

In Chaff » Grizzlies vs Polar Bears
March 02, 9:19am

Some facts
Brian for what its worth here are the numbers on the Four Pass Loop compared to the loop I mentioned in Indian Peaks according to my mapping system (it seems to round milage down so assume a bit mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
March 01, 9:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.