BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1851 - 1860 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ...211

Forum » Thread

Bear Spray in Wind
Someone way back mentioned bear spray is limited because you can't spray it into the wind. My understanding was that the spray was under enough pressure that it could be sprayed into the wind ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 31, 9:33pm

Re Re San Juans Weather
Thanks for the tip. With most of the CDT being high elevation this could be interesting - have to stay flexible I guess.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Juans Weather
July 16, 10:53am

San Juans Weather
My brother and I are heading into the San Juans (Wimenuche Wilderness) either tomorrow or the next day. I'm familiar with Colorado weather but I've never done much in the San Juans and kee...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Juans Weather
July 16, 7:53am

My approach
My approach in this situation is to go as light as a I can personally but take a pack that can handle some extra weight, than I carry as much or more in group gear as everyone else so they can keep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 4:11pm

Re refrigerate after opening
I had some the othe other day that did not say refrigerate after opening and it was fine over a two day hike. I had the same brand and it looked a bit funny after 4 days so I didn't eat it.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » refrigerate after opening.. summer sausage?
July 05, 6:01pm

Weight on Shoulders
I'm not sure if you are refering to the durabilty of the pack or your ability to carry it comfortably. 1. Comfort - If you're using a Ray Way pack with no hipbelt all the weight is go...

In GEAR » Suggested base weight for a Ray-Way pack?
July 03, 9:13pm

Water
"Ultimately, carrying water from McCurdy Park had more to do with expected photographic opportunities than minimization of effort." Makes sense to me, I assumed you know your way aroun...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Lost Park-McCurdy-Bison Loop
June 30, 7:39pm

water
I this the drainage you had in mind Dondo? I'm pretty sure I remember there was a good amount of water here. This was right after snow melt so don't count on it but maybe it will ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Lost Park-McCurdy-Bison Loop
June 29, 6:51pm

Me Too! Couple Suggestions
Craig I feel your pain early this month I broke my wrist too which is why I now have time to post old trip reports etc. I was working a ropes course swing and tried to grab a particpant to slow he...

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 29, 11:24am

Winter in Grayson
Thanks Tom, I'll keep that in mind come winter. I did see a picture of Wildburn Rige covered in snow and it looked awesome. I'm able to do a bit more now so I'm actually hoping to get...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grayson Highlands SUL Attempt
June 29, 10:49am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.