BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1851 - 1860 of 2073 | Page: 1 ...177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ...208

Forum » Thread

Cameras
I suspect people with way more knowledge than me will be jumping in soon but heres my 2 cents. I used two Nikon Coolpix Cameras with AA batteries, I think they were the L12 and L15. I am now usin...

In GEAR » camera for panorama and batt. life
June 13, 5:19pm

Wow
Wow I'm impressed Brian. Stripped down that pack is just a tad heavier than a lot of popular frameless packs but is more versital because you can put the frame back in for heavier loads. Baci...

In GEAR » Cutting up a REI Flash 50 backpack
June 13, 3:10pm

PVC
Daniel that PVC jacket looks a lot like what I was thinking about. Can you tell me anything about breathability?

In Make Your Own Gear » If you were to make a Cuben rain jacket...
June 10, 8:21pm

Hoodless?
I have thought about this idea myself although i would probably use 1.1 Nylon instead of cuban. I was thinking about big pit zips and no hood. Instead if a hood I would wear a WPB hat. I figure ...

In Make Your Own Gear » If you were to make a Cuben rain jacket...
June 10, 2:04pm

Nice
Nice report, glad you had fun. I liked the tips on making a trip fun for kids.

In Post-Trip Reports » Sunol Regional Wilderness - Overnight Quick Fix
June 05, 1:29pm

homemade stuff
hey tom. I got to CA because of a temporary job. I wouldn't want to come off like I was bragging too much about the gear, I'm no Ron Bell for sure. The tarp was just 3 yards if 1.1 nylon...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snow Mountain Trip Report.
June 05, 12:38am

Gun vs. Spray
It seems the bear ran away after being shot. I've heard plenty of stories of hunters having to trail wounded bears so I don't know if an injured grizzly is gurenteed to charge to the death...

In Chaff » "Backpacker shoots, kills grizzly in Alaska park"
June 01, 7:37pm

Torso Length?
I probably shouldn't but I'm SOOO tempted. Can you tell me what the torso length is?

In Gear Swap » FS: Zpacks Blast 18
May 31, 11:00pm

Great Report
Great report Dondo, I've been through that area but I haven't really taken time to explore it. I'll have to get back up there again. Actually I might be in the area soon, have any ide...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: The Shafthouse
May 28, 6:51pm

Thanks David
Thanks David. The changing weather improved my pictures a lot in my amature opinion. On an average day my point and shoot camera is okay but this time the shadew and changing light made some of t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snow Mountain Trip Report.
May 24, 10:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.