BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1831 - 1840 of 2073 | Page: 1 ...175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ...208

Forum » Thread

Limits?
Paul your story is interesting because I've had a couple of similar experiences. I seem to hit a wall at around 15 miles than suddenly I start to get progressivley sorer. Maybe I'm just h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Roan Highlands
June 27, 2:41pm

North Face Jacket
To answer your questions... 1. I can't figure out exactly which jacket it was, I looked on the website and I think it was the Resolve but it may be a new model. I knew the material was HyVen...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail thru-hike -- August
June 27, 2:24pm

Durable Jacket
If you're aware of the durablity issue I won't argue with your choice. I lean towards minimal gear too when I can get away with it. Aside from durablity my only thought would be how often...

June 27, 12:40pm

Shirt?
For that long I might take a T-Shirt and a longsleeve. My guess is you'll have some warmer days and at other times you'll want something between a t-shirt and down jacket. Good luck I mig...

June 26, 10:12pm

Compression System
I have not made this pack but I dealt with similar issues on pack projects. So to answer your question I think if you could figure out a good way to put the cord under the pockets go for it. If...

In Make Your Own Gear » G4 Pack Compression
June 26, 9:44am

Black Mtns
Thanks Alex, now that you mentioned it a friend said he liked the Black Mtns. better than any other area in NC (that was many moons ago). I'll check into it, thanks for the heads up on Linvill...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » VA/NC Trip Ideas
June 25, 5:02pm

Thanks Chris
Much apprieciated Chris, I hope to get down there fairly soon. It was my understaning that Shining Rock had some of the better scenery but that it was a bit crowded. If its not croweded than that...

June 25, 3:06pm

Shining Rocks
Thanks Chris. Any way to beat the crowds or is that just part of the deal? Any other spots around there I should check out? I know Cold Mountain is to the north and looked a bit more isolated th...

June 25, 2:46pm

Shining Rocks?
Anybody here been to Shining Rocks Wildernes? Sounds like one of the better places I could go without driving all the way down to the Smokies.

June 25, 2:40pm

VA/NC Trip Ideas
I was getting a bit bored with trail hikes so I had planned on a really cool cross country trip in Colorado. Unfortunately I broke my left wrist. Now I'm in Lynchburg Virginia recovering and ...

June 25, 10:33am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.