BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1831 - 1840 of 2106 | Page: 1 ...175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ...211

Forum » Thread

Carry Option
I've heard another technique for carrying stuff out, haven't had to try it yet. You get a section of PVC pipe and cap one end. Than you install a strew on cap at the other end. All waste...

In Post-Trip Reports » 27 Hours in Glacier Gorge
November 16, 10:56am

Re New must-have in bear country
I gotta get one of those bags. Can you imagine the pranks I could pull and the trouble I could get into if I took one of those to my old summer camp? We had enough fun with a gorilla mask, this w...

In GEAR » New must-have in bear country
November 10, 9:44pm

Cool
Nice posting David. I would like to know more about your pack construction projects. The pictures look very interesting.

In Post-Trip Reports » A November overnight in Glacier
November 08, 10:22pm

Packing List
I think I'm in agreement with you on the packing dilema Eugene. I used mostly down because it worked so well there. My only synthic insulation is a 16 oz REI jacket. Its kinda thin for 25 de...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness in the Fall
November 08, 8:58pm

Photos
Photos should be up. I posted them seperately under trip reports.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
November 08, 7:54pm

Success!
I just got back from the Gila. It was an awesome trip, all my excpectations where met or exceeded. My only regret was that I had to come home. I wish I could have stayed out at least two more ni...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Gila Wilderness in October or November
November 08, 5:40pm

Gila Wilderness in the Fall
Here is a report for my trip to the Gila Wilderness Area. Thanks Eugene for the help planning this. I was drawn to the Gila because it was remote and scenic and it wasn't likely to be sno...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness in the Fall
November 08, 5:05pm

Sigh
Maybe next time Joe (hopefully this won't be my only trip). I'll try and threw up a trip report when I get back.

October 30, 11:43pm

On the way! Anyone care to join me?
Well this week didn't work out for my Gila trip so I'm heading up Sunday. I should be on the trail the 1-3 of next week and may a half day on the 4th. I'm planning the West Fork of th...

October 29, 8:28pm

Thoughts on shoes
I like your creations! I've been thinking about this myself for a while. What I would like to do is create a leather/synthetic "upper" thats sort of like a moccison. Than I'd g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Shoes
October 28, 8:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.