BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1821 - 1830 of 2074 | Page: 1 ...174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ...208

Forum » Thread

My approach
My approach in this situation is to go as light as a I can personally but take a pack that can handle some extra weight, than I carry as much or more in group gear as everyone else so they can keep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with non ULers/newbs
July 15, 4:11pm

Re refrigerate after opening
I had some the othe other day that did not say refrigerate after opening and it was fine over a two day hike. I had the same brand and it looked a bit funny after 4 days so I didn't eat it.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » refrigerate after opening.. summer sausage?
July 05, 6:01pm

Weight on Shoulders
I'm not sure if you are refering to the durabilty of the pack or your ability to carry it comfortably. 1. Comfort - If you're using a Ray Way pack with no hipbelt all the weight is go...

In GEAR » Suggested base weight for a Ray-Way pack?
July 03, 9:13pm

Water
"Ultimately, carrying water from McCurdy Park had more to do with expected photographic opportunities than minimization of effort." Makes sense to me, I assumed you know your way aroun...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Lost Park-McCurdy-Bison Loop
June 30, 7:39pm

water
I this the drainage you had in mind Dondo? I'm pretty sure I remember there was a good amount of water here. This was right after snow melt so don't count on it but maybe it will ...

June 29, 6:51pm

Me Too! Couple Suggestions
Craig I feel your pain early this month I broke my wrist too which is why I now have time to post old trip reports etc. I was working a ropes course swing and tried to grab a particpant to slow he...

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 29, 11:24am

Winter in Grayson
Thanks Tom, I'll keep that in mind come winter. I did see a picture of Wildburn Rige covered in snow and it looked awesome. I'm able to do a bit more now so I'm actually hoping to get...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grayson Highlands SUL Attempt
June 29, 10:49am

South San Juans
I'm not aware of any loop hikes in that area. What about the South San Jaun wilderness? I believe there are a few loops there and if not I bet you could go cross country above treeline and ma...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Uncompahgre/La Garita loop trip?
June 28, 5:34pm

An idea
I just happened to be looking at Six Moons Designs website and noticed that some of their packs seem to have a compression system under the mesh pocket, you could check it out for ideas.

In Make Your Own Gear » G4 Pack Compression
June 28, 12:31pm

Nice
Nice report as usual Dondo. I love the area around Bison Peak. In the spring there was a creek in the saddle between Bison Peak and McCurdy Mtn. When I was back there in October it was all gone ...

June 27, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.