BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1811 - 1820 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ...206

Forum » Thread

Me Too! Couple Suggestions
Craig I feel your pain early this month I broke my wrist too which is why I now have time to post old trip reports etc. I was working a ropes course swing and tried to grab a particpant to slow he...

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 29, 11:24am

Winter in Grayson
Thanks Tom, I'll keep that in mind come winter. I did see a picture of Wildburn Rige covered in snow and it looked awesome. I'm able to do a bit more now so I'm actually hoping to get...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grayson Highlands SUL Attempt
June 29, 10:49am

South San Juans
I'm not aware of any loop hikes in that area. What about the South San Jaun wilderness? I believe there are a few loops there and if not I bet you could go cross country above treeline and ma...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Uncompahgre/La Garita loop trip?
June 28, 5:34pm

An idea
I just happened to be looking at Six Moons Designs website and noticed that some of their packs seem to have a compression system under the mesh pocket, you could check it out for ideas.

In Make Your Own Gear » G4 Pack Compression
June 28, 12:31pm

Nice
Nice report as usual Dondo. I love the area around Bison Peak. In the spring there was a creek in the saddle between Bison Peak and McCurdy Mtn. When I was back there in October it was all gone ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek: Lost Park-McCurdy-Bison Loop
June 27, 5:43pm

Fats?
You might be right Paul. The next trip I went on (with more junk food) I felt like I was a lot better, I didn't come back craving chocolate. On my five day trip last fall I learned from my mi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Roan Highlands
June 27, 4:11pm

Limits?
Paul your story is interesting because I've had a couple of similar experiences. I seem to hit a wall at around 15 miles than suddenly I start to get progressivley sorer. Maybe I'm just h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Roan Highlands
June 27, 2:41pm

North Face Jacket
To answer your questions... 1. I can't figure out exactly which jacket it was, I looked on the website and I think it was the Resolve but it may be a new model. I knew the material was HyVen...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail thru-hike -- August
June 27, 2:24pm

Durable Jacket
If you're aware of the durablity issue I won't argue with your choice. I lean towards minimal gear too when I can get away with it. Aside from durablity my only thought would be how often...

June 27, 12:40pm

Shirt?
For that long I might take a T-Shirt and a longsleeve. My guess is you'll have some warmer days and at other times you'll want something between a t-shirt and down jacket. Good luck I mig...

June 26, 10:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.