BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1811 - 1820 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ...200

Forum » Thread

Pepper Spray
Whats with pepper spray being illegal in parts of CA? Can someone enlighten me on this since I might be out there at some point? Can I bring my bear spray?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guns in national parks... NOW LEGAL!
February 25, 6:22pm

Re Re Re Ultralight Handgun
I go as light as I can but in the end I only go as light as I can safely and enjoyably, if I'm worried about something the trips no fun so why go? Rather than go SUL this spring in CO I threw ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guns in national parks... NOW LEGAL!
February 25, 7:34am

Snow
It depends on how much above 2 feet it is and how often. If its consistantly above 2 feet thats going to be tough and if there are very many 5ft drift that will be hard. Remember the trail may ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Current conditions of A.T. in Smoky Mtns.
February 25, 7:21am

stereotypes
Can we hold off on the stereotype that anyone who carries a gun for self defense is paranoid and will quickly blaze away at anything that startles him? Most people here may not think the danger in ...

February 24, 10:23pm

Wouldn't worry
My understanding is this law simply allows people who are already licensed to carry in that state to do so in the National Park as well. I won't say whether its good or bad but I don't see...

February 24, 9:44pm

Re Re Re holding
Matt I totally agree the Ion would have been much nicer with a few pockets. There were a couple of threads here about adding pockets to Ions if you're interested in that. You could also add p...

In Gear Deals » GoLite ION
February 22, 8:07am

Re holding
Matt if you want a lightweight kid pack I think the Ion might be a good choice. As far as volume I think its around 1500 cubic inches although as I mentioned above you can modify it. For me it ho...

February 21, 10:19pm

Poncho
Thanks for putting up the list thats great. The only rain gear I see is a poncho. I have a jacket I could loan, but it doesn't breath that well and it might have a leak on the shoulder (not s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 19, 6:04pm

Re Re nope unisex
I hear a lot of people say the hipbelt doesn't do anything for them on an Ion. Personally I like it for two reasons. First it keeps the pack from shifting around. Second when I pack it right...

February 18, 10:46pm

Draft?
I wonder if drafts might be your problem (if not a thin pad). I like my Ultra 20 but I've only used it with a bivy which seems to really help with drafts.

In Philosophy & Technique » I cant stay warm in my Golite Ultra 20
February 18, 7:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.