BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2743 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...275

Forum » Thread

More Advice
What I did for rain during my summer 2012 bike tour (northeast)? I wore all Merino Wool. Even when damp, I was still warm. For the entire month of august, I only used my rain jacket in camp. ...

In GEAR » Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
May 16, 1:05am

Useful
Changing socks in the snow is very easy with a sit pad. And when it got to -10 on Camel's Hump in VT, I was happy to have a foam pad to spend time on while waiting for snow to melt on our alcoh...

In GEAR » Sit Pad options?
May 15, 10:41pm

Pack Comfort
Myself? I use a Boreas Buttermilk 40. It's about a pound heavier than most UL Barrel packs, but the tradeoff is a foam back that gives the entire pack a near-perfect structure that I can also u...

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 15, 10:26pm

Sit Pads are Great!
Completely in love with my Thermarest Z-Lite sit pad (the Yellow/Silver one). I use it to add some comfort to the back of my pack while hiking, and at night it fills in gaps in my hammock where ...

In GEAR » Sit Pad options?
May 15, 10:21pm

Sinners!
I use a torso length foam pad and a sleeping bag rated at least 20 degrees too little. I bring nothing but shorts. I eat (almost) all CLIF bars and dried fruit/nuts to save time cooking and save we...

In GEAR » Gear Confessions
May 15, 10:19pm

Check Out Running Shoes!
Bought hiking boots. Regretted it. Switched to running shoes. I will say this, though- there's a middle ground. My Salomons have lugs like hiking boots but the materials, weight, fit, and...

In GEAR » Another shoe recommendation thread
May 15, 8:51pm

My Insight
I'm not an expert- other users DEFINITELY have more to offer here, but here goes: I would go with a reputably branded and high quality hardshell, and a rain shell is somewhere where you defi...

In GEAR » Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
May 15, 8:21pm

Re: Nylons
If you think the AT through Maine gets thick, you should see my calves.

In GEAR » Can a Guy use a Women's Pack?
May 15, 6:20pm

Durability Matters
Nick, all's well and good until you're stuck in the woods with no titanium sharpener. Then you can come crying to me about the six chapters of your autobiography you couldn't draft up b...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
May 15, 6:11pm

Women's Gear
Thanks for the advice. I tried to test out a pack in the local EMS today, but they only had smalls and I am definitely a medium. The search continues... I own Women's rain pants and a pair o...

In GEAR » Can a Guy use a Women's Pack?
May 15, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm