BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2749 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...275

Forum » Thread

Same Question
I would love if someone had more than anecdotal insight for this, it's a really interesting question.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Bear Encounter
June 05, 10:39am

Idea!
Maybe I'm crazy... but take a 3-inch x 3-inch square of any fabric- a cotton bandanna, a piece of silnylon, a square of silk, and superglue the very center to the top of your pole with a little...

In GEAR » Sun Gloves?
June 03, 7:34pm

Ibex
I love the Ibex, I would pay $30 more for it, but it's very close-cut. I'm talking about the L/S Woolies, 195 fiber count which I believe is their lightest weave.

In GEAR » SmartWool NTS Microweight Tee Vs. Icebreaker Tech Tee
June 03, 7:25pm

Ugh
Just when I thought the Backpacking forums couldn't make me buy anything new... I'm ordering 12 Blackwing 602 pencils. The addiction grows stronger.

In GEAR » A Pencil for the JMT -- Solution Found!
June 03, 5:30pm

Minimalists
Welcome to the club! Be a little cautious; if this is your first time in minimalist shoes, you could injure yourself using them too frequently or for long periods of time until you finish adjust...

In GEAR » Glad I read enough here re: minimalist shoes
May 28, 8:38am

Salomons
I didn't like those Salomon Mids. I had a hard time keeping my heel locked in them with the nontraditional laces, and they have a whopping 14mm of heel drop, which felt like wearing heels. ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mid Hiking Boot
May 28, 8:35am

More Advice
What I did for rain during my summer 2012 bike tour (northeast)? I wore all Merino Wool. Even when damp, I was still warm. For the entire month of august, I only used my rain jacket in camp. ...

In GEAR » Need to buy a rain jacket for hiking/bike touring...educate me on the options
May 16, 1:05am

Useful
Changing socks in the snow is very easy with a sit pad. And when it got to -10 on Camel's Hump in VT, I was happy to have a foam pad to spend time on while waiting for snow to melt on our alcoh...

In GEAR » Sit Pad options?
May 15, 10:41pm

Pack Comfort
Myself? I use a Boreas Buttermilk 40. It's about a pound heavier than most UL Barrel packs, but the tradeoff is a foam back that gives the entire pack a near-perfect structure that I can also u...

In GEAR » Frameless Packs: Avoiding the tube with straps?
May 15, 10:26pm

Sit Pads are Great!
Completely in love with my Thermarest Z-Lite sit pad (the Yellow/Silver one). I use it to add some comfort to the back of my pack while hiking, and at night it fills in gaps in my hammock where ...

In GEAR » Sit Pad options?
May 15, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm