Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
CountryUnited States
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 3009 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...301

Forum » Thread

Only Foam Works For Me
I love my Z-Lite Torso on the ground and in the hammock. I only like my Thermarest X-Therm torso pad in the hammock. Inflatables are too tall for torso pads for me unless I have an internal fram...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 8:00am

Sweet dog!

In Gear Swap » Ruffwear Palisades Dog Pack, Medium
September 03, 7:58am

Tarp Sounds Good
I think I found a solution, and it's thanks to you guys. I'm going to use my MLD Ultralight Hammock Tarp for this, using the bike as a "pole" on one end and then guying out the...

In GEAR » UL 1 person tent for the desert AND snowfall?
September 03, 6:24am

How much does a bivy augment a sleeping bag?
In response to the tarp thread I've got going, but a very different question: Looks like the average low in Washington is 41 in November. Knowing myself, I would sleep 6 hours in that using ...

In GEAR » How much does a bivy augment a sleeping bag?
September 02, 9:39pm

Details on Size
I am tall. I thought I was 6'2" thanks to Dr. Han's measurement when I was 19, but at 23 I appear to have shrunk to 6'1". I still tell short girls i'm 6'2", thoug...

September 02, 8:47pm

Wanted: MLD Tarp, MLD Bug Bivy
My bike's fork broke and now I've got to wait to cross Canada for another year. Snow's coming! For a change, I'm headed for the American Southwest and I need a system for rain an...

In Gear Swap » Wanted: MLD Tarp, MLD Bug Bivy
September 02, 8:40pm

Good to know, Dave. I figure I'll get adventurous in high altitudes where given the chance and then it'll be snowier. I'm trying not to over-plan, but rather, play it by ear. It worked ...

September 02, 8:20pm

Maybe I'm already set...?
Oh also, not to double-post, but do you think my MLD Ultralight hammock tarp is big enough / shaped well enough to use for this?

September 02, 8:18pm

Thinking Creatively
Ok, hmm... So tarp looks like the way to go. I am extremely on board with this. Two problems: 1. I'm home for 1-3 weeks, not 8 weeks. I can't order new from MLD. 2. No poles. ...

September 02, 8:14pm

Any guess on the fit for someone who wears an 11? In other words, is the heel on yours well-seated or just short?

In Gear Swap » Injinji Toe Socks - Mid-weight Mini Crew
September 02, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

CEP Dynamic+ Outdoor Wool Socks
Since I've got a blood malformation in my foot, I often use compression socks to kee...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
May 27, 7:10am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm