BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2717 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...272

Forum » Thread

Not the Pad
The room underneath yours was heated, so the pad can't really insulate against cold if there isn't any. Being inside a tent increases your warmth- being inside a building with essentially a...

In GEAR » Xtherm: Too Warm?
April 20, 10:52am

The Acadia, ME Trip Report (Gear Tests)
Last weekend I went to Acadia, ME, and tested a few new pieces of kit. It was an awesome trip. Synopsis: We drove 10 hours there because sleet and freezing rain kept us below the speed limit....

In GEAR » The Acadia, ME Trip Report (Gear Tests)
April 20, 7:22am

A Different Use
In the winter, I use a sheet of kitemaking Tyvek off of Amazon for windproofing in my hammock. Works great!

In GEAR » Does anone still use tyvek as a ground cloth?
April 20, 6:54am

Check This Thread
I asked this pretty extensively- not exactly summer bivy's, but bivy's in general. The pros and cons are all in there: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thr...

In GEAR » Best Summertime Bivy
April 18, 9:02pm

Waste of Money?
How much tarp mastery does one need before justifying a tarp like this? I love the weight, but I'm not a professional tarp-camper. Just noodling around with basic rectangle setups, mostly. I...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Pocket Tarp
April 18, 2:11pm

Different strokes
Yeah, I find that electronics variation interesting. I don't bring my phone if I can help it. I abhor the idea of an iPad or an e-Reader. I discard the thought of an MP3 player or radio. I say ...

In GEAR » Things you don't carry.
April 15, 10:42pm

Didn't Work Out For Me
Let me be careful how I word this: I think Chris Zimmer is a genius and a gentleman. When it came to my pack, I got exactly what I asked for. I had him make me a custom hip pack for cycling and ...

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt
April 15, 10:13pm

Neat Thread!
I don't carry: A signal mirror Waterproof Glove Shells (I swap 2-3 pairs of wet liners until I reach camp, then I switch to insulated mittens). Water Crossing Shoes Balaclavas (prefer fle...

In GEAR » Things you don't carry.
April 15, 9:59pm

Soon...
Nothing is taboo. Some things just get you chewed out. I don't carry, but if I did, I would choose the basic Kindle e-Reader. It's lighter than anything else, the battery lasts a month, ...

In GEAR » ipad
April 15, 9:37pm

Sailing
Sarongs are coming back. Mark my words.

In GEAR » Does Clothing Count?
April 12, 5:42am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm