BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com
About Me 23 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2376 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...238

Forum » Thread

Baltoro VS Arcteryx
I'm struggling to match the Gregory Baltor 75 against the Arcteryx 75. Both have a cantering hipbelt that I am eager to try, but the Gregory also has flexibility in the shoulder straps, which i...

In GEAR » Great Pack for Traveling?
February 28, 3:22pm

Great 70-90L Pack for Extended Traveling?
I love my 40L pack for backpacking and camping. However, I've got a great new job as a freelance writer where I can work from anywhere, which means I want to do some traveling. I am looking for...

In GEAR » Great Pack for Traveling?
February 28, 11:55am

Durability on the GG
I saw a GG Vapor Trail shredded to bits on a thru-hiker who said he wasn't happy with the durability. The new one looks tougher though, so take that with a grain of salt. Also, your mileage may...

In GEAR » Recommendations for a 30-45L internal frame pack around 2 pounds?
February 27, 7:13pm

Some packs
I love my Boreas Buttermilk 40, but try and size one up before you commit to it since it's not very adjustable. Granite Gear is about to come out with the Leopard, and I think the small is ...

In GEAR » Recommendations for a 30-45L internal frame pack around 2 pounds?
February 27, 6:36pm

Re: Fanny Pack
Ian, I embrace your comment as fact. Excuse me while I put on my neon sunglasses, as shown in my EDC list, and proceed to keep on doin' things the way I've done them for years. :D ...

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 25, 9:44pm

Thinking...
Thanks for the input. if I got the Kelty, it wouldn't be for moving fast or bushwhacking. Still, as you're not the first person to say this, I am giving more consideration. I think I'...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 5:59pm

MH
Look up the Mountain hardwear Mesa pant. Great pants! Cheaper than Arcteryx.

In GEAR » Hiking Pants
February 25, 4:55pm

Squeaking
I am surprised at the squeaking comment. My group all uses externals, like I said before, and not even the ancient ones squeak. I might put that in the same category as Thermarest crinkling; th...

February 25, 8:37am

Fashion Sense
Maybe frame packs will sweep back into fashion like vintage T-shirts, and we'll see a mess of them in 2015. I like the Kelty Trekker; I'm honestly considering picking one up this year. If I...

February 25, 8:30am

GB
I hope you mean Great Britain, because then, I know exactly what you mean.

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 25, 8:24am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm