BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2665 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...267

Forum » Thread

Other thoughts:
With odor management, silk and merino wool are significantly better than synthetics. Plus, what's actually happening there is the prevention of microbial growth, which means your sensitive area...

In GEAR » Swappin' Out My Shorts
April 04, 3:55pm

Impressions
Here's an update: The piece was ...ok. It felt very thin. I took my fingers and stretched the weave to see how resilient it was, and it felt like it was going to tear (but it didn't). Th...

In GEAR » Any info on Houdini Airborn Baselayer?
April 04, 11:35am

Woo!
Off-topic, that third picture looks like a beautiful camp spot.

In Gear Swap » Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 w/ Footprint - Excellent Condition
April 04, 11:26am

Make me an offer!
Thread has been updated! I removed the items that have already sold. 3/5 of the items sold for less than the listed price- I encourage offers. Low-ball me and then negotiate. Whatever! I'm n...

In Gear Swap » -= Closet Cleanout! EMS, Sea to Summit, Kelty, Columbia, Inov-8, Under Armour, and More! =-
April 04, 11:24am

MH
I took the Mountain Hardwear running shorts (like 3oz) and cut the liner out, and I use Smartwool Briefs instead. The Smartwool wicks and never smells, and the MH shorts are thin, light, and com...

In GEAR » Swappin' Out My Shorts
April 04, 8:23am

Some People Like Stuff Pockets
Ike, it's a handy feature for those who use it. It helps with protecting the jacket. Careful packing is always an option, but having one less thing to worry about is good.

In GEAR » 2013 Patagonia Houdini pocket size too small to stuff
April 04, 8:22am

Sometimes Women's Works
I wear Women's Large rain pants and they actually fit better- all the biking I do has given me some big thighs...

In GEAR » houdini fit - mens vs. womens
April 03, 10:23pm

Super Cell
My Patagonia Super Cell is great. Found it for $150, and it's a GoreTex jacket at 13oz with pit zips and a fantastic hood.

In GEAR » Searching for a WPB Jacket
April 03, 8:57pm

You're fine
It's plenty durable, it'll last long past the $40 mark.

In GEAR » Z-Lite/Ridgerest Sol questions
April 03, 8:44pm

Inov-8
My Inov-8's just last and last. very durable and well-made. However, I don't have hikers- just everyday shoes. Still, a big +1 to the company. I just picked up a pair of Salomon Speedcro...

In GEAR » Help with shoe selection
April 03, 12:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm