BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com
About Me 23 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2391 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...240

Forum » Thread

Other Differences
I think, then, the main differences are: -Books. I could theoretically replace a book with the kindle application on my iPhone, but I like to reserve battery so I can be "off the grid"...

In GEAR » Great Pack for Traveling?
February 28, 10:57pm

Comparison
Ben, Your extras look similar to my extras (and by extras I mean stuff I wouldn't take camping), so when I add my camping gear I'm actually not doing too bad. I am not planning to stay i...

February 28, 10:41pm

FS: Kelty Red Cloud 90L Backpack, Medium/Large
For Sale: Kelty Red Cloud 90. Looks mint except for a 1-inch tear in the hipbelt mesh pocket that I sewed back up. Otherwise, the face fabric is perfect, no tears or cinder burns or abrasion. It...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kelty Red Cloud 90L Backpack, Medium/Large
February 28, 10:35pm

One more aside...
I should add that the reason I'm bringing full camping gear is because, from what I can tell, the hiking and camping in New Zealand is phenomenal. I refuse to go there and NOT get out there.

February 28, 9:45pm

Re: Re: Looking Like a Target
"You are sort of caught in a cross loop which is typical in trip planning. Plan for the max. Reject the psychological.If you were more decisive you'd get better outcomes. You wanted weight...

February 28, 9:42pm

Alan Cumming Agrees
Goldeneye High Five!

February 28, 9:36pm

What I'd bring with me.
My base weight is 12lbs and I have no stove, which I worked out in another thread. That's full camping gear. Shelter, clothing, etc. I guess it's actually 10lbs because I counted my other p...

February 28, 9:28pm

<3 Excel <3
Good point. I will make a spreadsheet. I love spreadsheets...

February 28, 7:16pm

Re: Why so big?
Ben, I will take some time to carefully think about that before answering. I will probably post late tonight. I would love your feedback tomorrow. My first intent for aiming bigger is to take ad...

February 28, 7:04pm

Looking Like a Target
Thoughts on your suggestion: First off, I totally understand not risking something you can't afford to lose. My plan was to get the basic grey Baltoro and then take some Tenacious Tape and r...

February 28, 6:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm