Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2210 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...221

Forum » Thread

More stuff
I have a like new Official Colorado Trail Guide. I could throw it in with any other item for $12 to save on shipping. Otherwise I'm not sure I want to bother shipping it by itself.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
October 18, 7:45am

Oprey vs. Jam
REI also has Osprey exos so that would be something to try. I like the Jam better but depending on what kind of sleeping matt you use the Osprey might win out. The State of the Market Report on...

In GEAR » I could use some advice on packs.
October 18, 7:20am

Durability
I would say that the Dyneema X gridstop used on the Burn (and Golite packs) is way more durable than the 1.3 nylon. Mine have held up very well. I think a burn would last a lot longer and could b...

In GEAR » Which ~8-10 oz packs am I overlooking?
October 17, 9:01pm

Other ideas
I'm not aware of any other 8-10 oz packs currently being made. I think Alter Ego packs temporarily shut down so they aren't an optiion. Its a tad heavier but how about a Mountain Laurel...

In GEAR » Which ~8-10 oz packs am I overlooking?
October 17, 6:22pm

Packs
I'd second the motion for a pack with a frame. It may not be scientific but I feel like my small frameless packs are more comfortable than the bigger ones. There may be reasons like fit that ...

In GEAR » The BIG 4. JMT next summer.
October 16, 8:06pm

Tarp Sold
Tarp has sold.

October 16, 3:11pm

More Pictures of the Pack
Sold

October 16, 2:02pm

F.S. Shoes, Tarp, Pack
bump

October 15, 9:41pm

Pockets
David I would say it depends on how much work you are willing to do for convienance. I have normally just put on pocket on the front of my MYOG packs because of the simplicity factor. This worked...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding pockets to an Ion - which design?
October 15, 8:44am

Pack mods
"I will be moving away from the "burrito method" of packing my pack towards a folded torso sized Ridgerest in a dedicated inside pad pocket / sleeve. I can see where it will be less ...

In Post-Trip Reports » NEWTON AND LAZARUS' EXCELLENT 100 MILE ADVENTURE
October 15, 6:08am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.