BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1801 - 1810 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ...211

Forum » Thread

Durablity
Hey totally different question for those who have tried these two. How would you rate the overall durability of the shoe? I've had trail runners blow out in the mesh and the last thing I would...

In GEAR » Merrel Trail Glove
March 03, 8:23pm

Options
Right now there are basically two options with packrafts 1. A really expensive and heavier packraft by Alpacka or one of the other companies that can be outfitted for really technical whitewater. ...

In Packrafting » Cheaper Raft Options
March 03, 4:35pm

Re Re Re Lets opent the discussion
If someone can design a whitewater capable packraft in the 5 pound range thats more affordable than the current offerings that would be great. On the other hand I'm sure there are some very go...

March 03, 2:18pm

Somewhat cheaper
NRS makes a packraft that costs $550 I don't know how it does in whitewater (no spray deck). I also wish there was a cheaper raft out there - even if it weighted a bit more.

March 03, 9:18am

Trimming a Gregory Z-55 Pack?
Okay I have been using frameless packs almost exlusively for the last couple of years and I like them just fine. However I'm currently in Texas so as soon as I start heading to areas like Big ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trimming a Gregory Z-55 Pack?
February 19, 9:33pm

WTT BPL quilt
I recently bought a BPL 240 quilt which I dearly love, the only problem is it is just barely long enough for me in size medium. If someone has a size long they'ed like to trade I would be inte...

In Gear Swap » WTT BPL quilt
February 19, 4:53pm

Possibility?
I might be able to make you one. I've been making packs in the 8-10 range (with hipbelt, stirnum straop and one pocket) out of both dyneema gridstop and 2.2 oz nylone. I would guess it would ...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Cheap SUL Pack - MYOG ok
February 06, 11:10am

My two cents
Andy I think you're asking the right questions. Here are my thoughts for what they're worth. 1. Two thoughts on geekiness a. On the one hand I want you to be pretty geeky. Your core ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka Gear Book
February 04, 9:26am

Book
Andy ain't it about time you wrote a book? Actually I want you to write (a least) 2. One for the Great Western Loop and one for the Alaska trip.

In Gear Deals » GoLite pack raffle with pre-order of National Geographic issue
February 02, 5:34pm

Re My kids don't need expensive gear
For a long time my little brothers used the following gear. 1. 2 pound 40 degree sleeping bag from Dick's Sporting Goods, on sale for $40. 2. A variety of backpacks moslty hand me downs (i....

In Gear Swap » Gear for my Young Daughter
February 01, 10:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.