BPL Community Profile

James Reilly (zippymorocco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Montana
About Me James Reilly has not added a biography yet.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Reilly

Showing 181 - 190 of 397 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...40

Forum » Thread

Machine
I'm using a Pfaff 130 and love it. They are definetly in your price range. A lot folks here swear by the cheap china machines like Brother. I think if you do go the vintage route you need to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing machine recommendation
February 28, 6:37pm

I have one of those.
We just picked up some rocky gortex socks hoping it will make her more comfortable during the day when it's wet. At night I plan to bring enough fuel for a hot water bottle.

In Chaff » Who has a wife who backpacks with them who always has cold feet?
February 18, 7:47am

REI
REI has the 70 on clearance.

In Gear Swap » WTB Camp Corsa axe 60/ 70cm
February 05, 10:09am

Pfaff
I have been making my gear on a 130 for the past year and have loved. It's a world of difference from the New Home I had been using. Consider joining the old Pfaff forum on yahoo groups. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » They don't build them like they used to... (why you shouldn't buy a cheap modern sewing machine)
February 03, 4:09pm

Rock Pouch?
Have you tried a rock pouch? I've not used them myself but am sure they would help a lot. http://zpacks.com/accessories/stuff_sacks.shtml

In Philosophy & Technique » Any advice for bear bagging?
January 27, 11:04am

pat cap 4
The new Patagonia capilene 4 bottoms with the grid fleece weighs about 5 ounces, very warm for the weight.

In GEAR » what are lightest synthetic base layers
January 26, 1:31pm

wild
I have never seen those before. Pretty wild. Thanks for sharing.

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove Users Only
January 22, 9:19pm

Re: Philosophy rather than weight Target
+1 Greg F. very well put.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 22, 8:53am

Gone
Sorry Mark it has already been claimed through PM.

In Gear Swap » PIF: 32oz MSR fuel bottle.
January 21, 9:38am

PIF: 32oz MSR fuel bottle.
Left over from my pre minimalist days. Might be good for winter hiking and snow melting. I used it with a whisperlight. I'll cover shipping in the CONUS. Gone...

In Gear Swap » PIF: 32oz MSR fuel bottle.
January 20, 11:59pm

All Reader Reviews by James Reilly

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Customer Service
I spoke to a very helpful person on the phone. She helped me determine the proper size for the jacket I wanted. Jacket fits perfectly, was shipped quick and is of top quality.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:13pm

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Liner
We purchased a ultra-sil stuff sack as recommended by a customer service rep at a outfitter along the A.T. In using it to stuff my wife's sleeping bag I ripped the thing in half. She called up th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:08pm